Peng west of the Pecos: The Challenge goes to Texas

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm a week away at the computer free zone called work and 150 posts to plough through and what is there

2 promotions to Knaggit v good or not , however you see it

2 family trees not v good

some songs v good

no pictures shame

updates

Boo already given him a nosebleed , more to dish out here

Lars his horde is not a worry , but he is going fishing instead.......

Noba only turn 2 here

A J RaR still going on , it might be edging his way to a minor win.

Thats that done , time to post turns

Hmm a week away at the computer free zone called work and 150 posts to plough through and what is there

2 promotions to Knaggit v good or not , however you see it

2 family trees not v good

some songs v good

no pictures shame

updates

Boo already given him a nosebleed , more to dish out here

Lars his horde is not a worry , but he is going fishing instead.......

Noba only turn 2 here

A J RaR still going on , it might be edging his way to a minor win.

Thats that done , time to post turns

well... Boo_Radley has attanied the rank of idiot! err.. kniggitt.

Incelebration I leave you with a lovely Irish nursery rhyme I sing to my daughter.

**Sing along**

Starkle starkle little twink

Who the hell you are I think

I'm not under what you call

The alcofluence of incohol

I'm just a little slort of sheep

I'm not drunk like tinkle peep

I don't know who is me yet

But the drunker I stand here

The longer I get

Just give me one more drink

To fill me cup

'Cuz I got all day sober

To Sunday up

Lorak

Incelebration I leave you with a lovely Irish nursery rhyme I sing to my daughter.

**Sing along**

Starkle starkle little twink

Who the hell you are I think

I'm not under what you call

The alcofluence of incohol

I'm just a little slort of sheep

I'm not drunk like tinkle peep

I don't know who is me yet

But the drunker I stand here

The longer I get

Just give me one more drink

To fill me cup

'Cuz I got all day sober

To Sunday up

Lorak

Originally posted by Seanachai:

Now, I haven't been around much lately, but part of that's been the Real Worldâ„¢, and the last few days a particularly unpleasant aspect of the Real Worldâ„¢, which is growing old. I've spent several of the last few days being wished well, wined, dined, and tormented by friends who rush to point out that I'm older than two of the American States. There will probably be a bit more of it tonight.

I will come home, later, and, after receiving congratulatory and smarmy phone calls from the States of Alaska and Hawaii, reminding me that 'I'm older than either of them', I will probably get on again and get turns and taunts out to many of you.

dancinggnome.gifdancinggnome.gifdancinggnome.gif

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ÃœBERGNOME!!!

[ May 10, 2002, 06:38 PM: Message edited by: Persephone ]

Now, I haven't been around much lately, but part of that's been the Real Worldâ„¢, and the last few days a particularly unpleasant aspect of the Real Worldâ„¢, which is growing old. I've spent several of the last few days being wished well, wined, dined, and tormented by friends who rush to point out that I'm older than two of the American States. There will probably be a bit more of it tonight.

I will come home, later, and, after receiving congratulatory and smarmy phone calls from the States of Alaska and Hawaii, reminding me that 'I'm older than either of them', I will probably get on again and get turns and taunts out to many of you.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ÃœBERGNOME!!!

[ May 10, 2002, 06:38 PM: Message edited by: Persephone ]

Why, I bet you're older than the rest of us, even if you sum all our ages together!

Regardless, I trust you had a Bappy Hirthday!!!

Mace

[edited to make the dig more biting]

[ May 10, 2002, 06:48 PM: Message edited by: Mace ]

Why, I bet you're older than the rest of us, even if you sum all our ages together!

Regardless, I trust you had a Bappy Hirthday!!!

Mace

[edited to make the dig more biting]

[ May 10, 2002, 06:48 PM: Message edited by: Mace ]

Originally posted by Mace:

That would be traumatic!

Psssst. Lorak, where's my turn, mate?

I need to win something to restore my standing.

Mace

BAH!! and FEH!! I say unto you!

Obviously you are only interested in a quick turn around, due to the fact that you sir, are a lier and a cheat!

How you have managed to hack CM and enable all your little allied toadies the ability to see and hit everything with one shot is amazing.

Since I have to suffer through this abomination of what amounts to a shooting range for your troops.

You sir will suffer the slow arsed, snail paced, rambleings and time limits of a drunk Irishman.

You limey rejected, dog-lipped game slut.

Lorak

P.S. Have I mentioned that Morrowind rocks... to bad you live in an upside down country and most likely will not even see it this decade. (oh, and Biowear is going to be offering the Beta-NWN Toolset for download soon.....loser....

[ May 10, 2002, 07:02 PM: Message edited by: Lorak ]

Originally posted by Mace:

That would be traumatic!

Psssst. Lorak, where's my turn, mate?

I need to win something to restore my standing.

Mace

BAH!! and FEH!! I say unto you!

Obviously you are only interested in a quick turn around, due to the fact that you sir, are a lier and a cheat!

How you have managed to hack CM and enable all your little allied toadies the ability to see and hit everything with one shot is amazing.

Since I have to suffer through this abomination of what amounts to a shooting range for your troops.

You sir will suffer the slow arsed, snail paced, rambleings and time limits of a drunk Irishman.

You limey rejected, dog-lipped game slut.

Lorak

P.S. Have I mentioned that Morrowind rocks... to bad you live in an upside down country and most likely will not even see it this decade. (oh, and Biowear is going to be offering the Beta-NWN Toolset for download soon.....loser....

[ May 10, 2002, 07:02 PM: Message edited by: Lorak ]

Originally posted by Lorak:

Lorak

Gods, Lorak, that was lovely. I used to sing the following lullaby to my nieces and nephews, but my sisters made me stop. It's from the Pogues, and it's called "Sit Down By the Fire"

Sit down by the fire

And I'll tell you a story

To send you away to your bed

Of the things you hear creeping

When everyone's sleeping

And you wish you were out here instead

It isn't the mice in the wall

It isn't the wind in the well

But each night they march

Out of that hole in the wall

Passing through on their way

Out of hell

They're the things that you see

When you wake up and scream

The cold things that follow you

Down the Boreen

They live in the small ring of trees on the hill

Up at the top of the field

And they dance on the rain

And they dance on the wind

They tap on the window

When no-one is in

And if ever you see them

Pretend that you're dead

Or they'll bite off your head

They'll rip out your liver

And dance on your neck

They dance on your head

They dance on your chest

They give you the cramp

And the cholic for jest

Down the Boreen

They play on the wind

They sing on the rain

They dance on your eyes

They dance in your brain

Remember this place

It is damp and it's cold

The best place on earth

But it's dark and it's old

So lie near the wall

And cover your head

Good night and God bless,

Now feck off to bed

Oh, and besides welcome back! I'll be sending you my last turn from our game later on. Unless I have already. It all gets so muddled when you grow old, and forgetful, and are almost completely in the bag...

Originally posted by Lorak:

Lorak

Gods, Lorak, that was lovely. I used to sing the following lullaby to my nieces and nephews, but my sisters made me stop. It's from the Pogues, and it's called "Sit Down By the Fire"

Sit down by the fire

And I'll tell you a story

To send you away to your bed

Of the things you hear creeping

When everyone's sleeping

And you wish you were out here instead

It isn't the mice in the wall

It isn't the wind in the well

But each night they march

Out of that hole in the wall

Passing through on their way

Out of hell

Down the Boreen

And they dance on the rain

And they dance on the wind

They tap on the window

When no-one is in

And if ever you see them

Pretend that you're dead

Or they'll bite off your head

They'll rip out your liver

And dance on your neck

They dance on your head

They dance on your chest

They give you the cramp

And the cholic for jest

Down the Boreen

They play on the wind

They sing on the rain

They dance on your eyes

They dance in your brain

Remember this place

It is damp and it's cold

The best place on earth

But it's dark and it's old

So lie near the wall

And cover your head

Good night and God bless,

Now feck off to bed

Oh, and besides welcome back! I'll be sending you my last turn from our game later on. Unless I have already. It all gets so muddled when you grow old, and forgetful, and are almost completely in the bag...

So now, Boo, you're a Knight. I'm so proud of you. And I was right, you never will amount to anything. And the pit-bulls would have yacked you up again, in any case.

Shiny-Key! What can I say? It's like what my dear old departed Great Aunt Ruth used to say, "You can achieve all your goals if you set your standards low enough." She was also the person who gave me this other most valuable piece of advice. "Know what to kiss, and when." Wise words to live by indeed.

I realize that by being one of the the newest members of the 'Pool and being lowered to the depth of Kanigget-hood in such short order that not only is the weight on my shoulders both onerous and odiferous, but also that for the most part, you people are drain bamaged.

Also, good call on the Firesign Theatre bit. It's always good to meet a fellow "Bozo on the bus".

Finally, my most sincere condolences on your birthday. Go punch out a Vikings fan for me.

So now, Boo, you're a Knight. I'm so proud of you. And I was right, you never will amount to anything. And the pit-bulls would have yacked you up again, in any case.

Shiny-Key! What can I say? It's like what my dear old departed Great Aunt Ruth used to say, "You can achieve all your goals if you set your standards low enough." She was also the person who gave me this other most valuable piece of advice. "Know what to kiss, and when." Wise words to live by indeed.

I realize that by being one of the the newest members of the 'Pool and being lowered to the depth of Kanigget-hood in such short order that not only is the weight on my shoulders both onerous and odiferous, but also that for the most part, you people are drain bamaged.

Also, good call on the Firesign Theatre bit. It's always good to meet a fellow "Bozo on the bus".

Finally, my most sincere condolences on your birthday. Go punch out a Vikings fan for me.

Originally posted by Lars:

And now, before I go and partake in the annual psychosis that is known as "The Minnesota Fishing Opener", which begins here tomorrow in the land of the perpetually frozen,

sti.txt

Umm... looks like someone got started a little early?

Or is this how yinz test to see if "fishing" season has arrived yet?

Lars.. " Damn bubba! I just caught me one of them dang jap-o-nese STI things!"

Lorak

[ May 10, 2002, 11:07 PM: Message edited by: Lorak ]

Originally posted by Lars:

And now, before I go and partake in the annual psychosis that is known as "The Minnesota Fishing Opener", which begins here tomorrow in the land of the perpetually frozen,

sti.txt

Umm... looks like someone got started a little early?

Or is this how yinz test to see if "fishing" season has arrived yet?

Lars.. " Damn bubba! I just caught me one of them dang jap-o-nese STI things!"

Lorak

[ May 10, 2002, 11:07 PM: Message edited by: Lorak ]

Originally posted by Leeo:

All right, all and sundry flotsam, jetsam, and floaty bits.

I have now successfully killed my home computer. The evil that was within exists no more. I am, however, still in the process of gathering all the drivers, signalers, pilots, protocols, back-seat drivers, and programs necessary for me to revive the Combat Mission processing beast. It is nearly godlike, I tell ya, to be able to turn a smoothly operating logic device into a silicon paper-weight.

Any-who, I will hopefully have effected complete repairs after this weekend, at which point I will post to ask all my (tardily)current opponents (OGSF, Moriarty, Wildman, MrSpkr, others?) to send their last turns.

You may all now return to your back-biting, crotch-sniffing, glad-handed posturing.

I finally get around to opening that stinking, festering sore of an email from you and actually SEND YOU A FECKING TURN and you pull this "my computer is busted" shat!

Bah, you shall wait until Monday. Monday in the land of the free that is, not in any country that is rapidly sliding toward Frenchdom and socalism.

Originally posted by Leeo:

All right, all and sundry flotsam, jetsam, and floaty bits.

I have now successfully killed my home computer. The evil that was within exists no more. I am, however, still in the process of gathering all the drivers, signalers, pilots, protocols, back-seat drivers, and programs necessary for me to revive the Combat Mission processing beast. It is nearly godlike, I tell ya, to be able to turn a smoothly operating logic device into a silicon paper-weight.

Any-who, I will hopefully have effected complete repairs after this weekend, at which point I will post to ask all my (tardily)current opponents (OGSF, Moriarty, Wildman, MrSpkr, others?) to send their last turns.

You may all now return to your back-biting, crotch-sniffing, glad-handed posturing.

I finally get around to opening that stinking, festering sore of an email from you and actually SEND YOU A FECKING TURN and you pull this "my computer is busted" shat!

Bah, you shall wait until Monday. Monday in the land of the free that is, not in any country that is rapidly sliding toward Frenchdom and socalism.