Will CMBB properly model thrown bones? Better check inside!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Madmatt,

thanks for the replies.

just wanted to reaffirm that fire right now in CMBO does *not* hurt the soldiers.

You can try this by making a map full of burning tiles and put a unit right into the middle.

they will run out of the vast fire to any map edge, but without taking casualties.

Now, this wasn't a big issue in CMBO, where fires do not spread. Because squads will simply refse to enter burning tiles.

However, imagine in CMBB a fire is spreading, and you have an infantry squad being encircled by the flames, wouldn't it be strange to see them running out of the burning wheat field without taking any harm from the fire?

Well, after reconsideration,. it isn't much of an issue really.

Looking forward to the trees swaying in the wind!

True, true it does, but you see in CMBB fires now have this habit of starting rather small and innocent (similar to how Mace approaches a sheep) but after some time they grow in size to become these all consuming conflagrations (much like Rune at a dinner table!). Small fires don't force troops to run away but once they grow in size your troops will hightail outa there...Oh one other thing, fires now SPREAD! On a dry and hot day a small brush fire can easily grow to consume an entire Wheatfield.

With this new option I guess we will see more flamethrower purchases as people attempt to "smoke out" their opponents. Hopefully, we won't see all wheatfield custom maps with nothing but flamers smile.gif loaded up on an unsuspecting victim.

[ February 01, 2002, 07:11 PM: Message edited by: rucrazee ]

First off....LOVELY LOVELY LOVELY!!! I am warming up the credit card as we speak.

I am looking and looking at that picture however, and let me just begin with saying what a lovely picture that is. Then I scroll up again and read "blizzard", I look at the picture again and go..Hmmmmmm, what do you mean blizzard???? Looks like a cozy winternight to me.

Before the flamebois warm up their flamethrowers let me just say in my pitiful defense that I grew up on the NORTH side of the polar circle and I know what a blizzard is. And that definitly isn't what I remember a blizzard being like. But then again, I live in the South these days so what do I know? tongue.gif

Sorry about the nitpicking.. Just couldn't help myself... :D

I'll be moving along now,

Winter

Originally posted by MrWinterbottom:

I am looking and looking at that picture however, and let me just begin with saying what a lovely picture that is. Then I scroll up again and read "blizzard", I look at the picture again and go..Hmmmmmm, what do you mean blizzard???? Looks like a cozy winternight to me.

I believe yr right --- you can tell the Extreme Blizzard setting by all the snowman Doodads...

Love it - can't wait. I think BTS are the greatest, I want to have your babies ;) . One think though. If you put less exclamation marks in your post Madmatt, YOU'D HAVE MORE TIME TO WORK ON CMBB!!!!!! smile.gif

From an adoring fan...

(Do extra !!! increase your chance to hit or summit?) :D

[ February 02, 2002, 09:39 AM: Message edited by: Sailor Malan ]

You can't tell in a still picture but the smoke in the background and snow flakes ARE being blown to a great degree. Also if we filled up the screen with snowflakes not only would it kill framerate but it wouldn't be too fun to play the game when all you could see on your monitor would be white out condiditions.

Madmatt

Originally posted by Eric Alkema:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Lawyer:

I want the AI to pick units for ready maps. The big problem now with QB is the limitations on creating really nice maps.

What makes a map good or bad?

I always thought that having a never before seen map was a good thing.</font>