Next Combat Mission game

I have to say, that I was a bit disappointed, when I heard about this "D-Day Dodgers", which should be the next Combat Mission.

I now want to ask from you guys, what war would you like to see with next CM?

Here's my list (the first one is most important)

1. Pacific - USA vs. Japan

2. North Africa - Rommel vs. Monty

After these 2 we might advance to even Korean War and Vietnam.

Oh! Does anybody know anything about the CMBB patch release date?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont' really understand whats wrong with Eastern front? Well since I would obviously be lynched for voting it or western front, my vote goes to.....Lappland war, here in finland.

oh I can see it allready: mines of Kirkenes and burning the Rovaniemi. Who knows maybe some shoothing too.

Originally posted by Kaiser Soze 71:

I have to say, that I was a bit disappointed, when I heard about this "D-Day Dodgers", which should be the next Combat Mission.

CM:D-Day Dodgers ( CMDD ) may include Africa as it is part of the Mediterranean Theatre.

I now want to ask from you guys, what war would you like to see with next CM?

Anything that can be tactical and balanced.

Here's my list (the first one is most important)

1. Pacific - USA vs. Japan

2. North Africa - Rommel vs. Monty

After these 2 we might advance to even Korean War and Vietnam.

Vietnam will not work. Walking through the Jungle and then 'Ambush' is to childish, people will not buy it!

Pacific Theatre is not being considered as the the owners do not feel comfortable with their knowledge level about this Theatre of operations.

Myself personally, I think Korea could be a great theatre for CM, lots of countries involved with lots of various equipment. I think it would be a nice addition to CM. However, I do not think it will happen for at least several years.

Oh! Does anybody know anything about the CMBB patch release date?

Nobody knows, perhaps even BTS does not know!

Cordially,

Voxman

[ November 11, 2002, 07:58 AM: Message edited by: Voxman ]

I'll second France 1940. They already have the terrain and French/Brit/German voices from CMBO and the Italian Voices plus a good amount of vechical Data for German/French/Brit forces in 1940. Lets not forget the Spanish civil war either.

I wouldn't mind a late war WWI game either. You want to talk about crappy tanks with long command delays...

"Sargent Gudarian"

+2 Moral

+1 Pigon Handling

Or how about the early and late WWII Soviet/Japanese Border skirmishes. I remember a battle in Steel Panthers that mentioned how Zhukov gained valubale experense in these early fights.

Japanese Tankettes, proof positive that Japan has an obcession with smaller and smaller cars.

Originally posted by Sgt. Steiner:

The next game is supposed to be the Med, which will include Italy and North Africa. What could be better than that? Tobruk, El Alamein, Anzio, Salerno, Monte Cassino, Crete 1941. Mmm, lots of gaming goodness there.. smile.gif

Greece, Yugoslavia and Somalia/Ethiopa too I hope smile.gif . If they stretch it to include Iraq we can have Russians too.

Lili Marlene as the theme tune too with a bit of luck.

Hey I want the Chaco war!

Seriously I think after they do the engine rewrite they should do a 1939-1945 World War II, they have the East, 44+ in the West just need to add in the early war and Med.

Too bad the far east, Okinawa or Saipan would have been interesting, not to mention Bataan, Imphal and the Malaysian campaigns.

Small add ins for the Spanish civil war and the winter war too

I've been away from the board for a while. Where is the new info on CM III posted? I think the Italian theater, if my interpretation is correct, would be an excellent third release. However, what I'd really like to see is a full game - I've seen some fantastic mod programs on many sites. I'd like to see Battlefront release a mod program that would allow the user to change the theater accordinly. In my opinion, that would really bring the game to a whole new level. Trust me, I'm not complaining. I just received my CMBB and it's phenomenal. I just took a glimpse at "To the Volga" and was thrown back by the scale of the battle. Like one of the chaps said, whatever Battlefront chooses to release, I will follow.

Jim.

I think the next game should be CM:CW Combat Mission Cold War. It would be great you could play as either Russian or Americans and all you would be able to do is setup and then eye each other menacingly. Sure BFC would have to add orders like scowl and rev tank loudly but that would be easy enough. Then you could have new units like harassing border guards and the giant wall.

The Pacific war (1942+) has a problem, it is always the same. No terraine variations, Japanese with unbreakable moral, but always bad equipment - especially tanks, and US with endless heavy support and equipment.

If we go to Asia, then I would favor Korea. Great varitions in equipment and terraine. And it was one of the last 'real' wars, where both sides were at least to some degree equalized.

Vietnam is BS. How should this work in CM? There were nearly no open battles. Even Tet was not much more then a giant guerilla attack. Or should I have missed the great NVA vs US tank battles?

I guess the next one will be early war with Poland, France, Norway etc or Mediterraine with Greece, North Africa & Italy. However, much more important is a complete new engine.