**** ROW IV (part 4) ****

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Enoch:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Kingfish:

Wonder no more.

The 'No AAR - No play in the finals as a finalist' rule is in effect.

So when will we since the final list of finalist? Sorry for being a bit pushy, just curious? </font>

Wonder no more.

So when will we since the final list of finalist? Sorry for being a bit pushy, just curious? </font>

Wonder no more.

Originally posted by WWB:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by mPisi:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by WWB:

Working on some plans for this now. Real trick with hosting the AARs is not so much building the app (at heart a simple categorized download list, pretty much back of the hand) but securing bandwith. They are not light.

Might we ask CMMods for help with this? Seems like it would be a drop in the bucket compared to his standard load. </font>

Working on some plans for this now. Real trick with hosting the AARs is not so much building the app (at heart a simple categorized download list, pretty much back of the hand) but securing bandwith. They are not light.

Might we ask CMMods for help with this? Seems like it would be a drop in the bucket compared to his standard load. </font>

I am honored to have been one of the lucky few to have been schooled by Walpurgis Night. Congrats, Walpurgis Night! Note: I managed to do as well as you on Vevi and Melon. (ok, not quite as well on Melon, but damn close enough!) :cool:

[ June 26, 2004, 11:02 PM: Message edited by: dangerousdave ]

I am honored to have been one of the lucky few to have been schooled by Walpurgis Night. Congrats, Walpurgis Night! Note: I managed to do as well as you on Vevi and Melon. (ok, not quite as well on Melon, but damn close enough!) :cool:

The Nabla scoring method does include how good your opponents were, on average.

However, unlike the BoB scoring system, your own average score is not directly dependent on your specific opponent's.

Instead of being rewarded by increased score yourself because you defeated opponent has a high score (like in BoB), Nabla reflects your prowess because that high scoring opponent will now be placing less well.

You could ask a different question: "does the system take into account how hard the scenario I had to play was for the side I had to play on?"

The answer (unlike BoB) is "absolutely yes".

GaJ.

However, unlike the BoB scoring system, your own average score is not directly dependent on your specific opponent's.

Instead of being rewarded by increased score yourself because you defeated opponent has a high score (like in BoB), Nabla reflects your prowess because that high scoring opponent will now be placing less well.

You could ask a different question: "does the system take into account how hard the scenario I had to play was for the side I had to play on?"

GaJ.

GaJ.

What say we announce the finalist, shall we?

First, we need to award the AAR bonuses. I will only post those players who have submitted all 5 of their AARs. They are as follows (bonuses in parenthesis)

mPisi (.198)

redwolf (.198)

jbertles (.198)

Slawreg (.198)

Steve McClaire (.198)

The Capt (.198)

Vadr (.198)

Sgt Kelly (.198)

Enoch (.198)

Capt T (.198)

Londoner (.198)

John Kettler (.198)

Ace Pilot (.198)

JPS (.198)

Malakovski (.198)

SlicerW (.198)

Melnibone (.198)

Green as Jade (.198)

MickOZ (.198)

Michael Dorosh (.1188)

Pacestick (.198)

Heavy Drop (.198)

Ted (.198)

Jaws (.198)

Deadly 88 (.198)

MrSpkr (.198)

Strider (.1584)

Brent Pollack (.198)

Panther Commander (.198)

Combined Arms (.198)

Bryce Baker (.198)

Death Dealer (.198)

dalem (.1386)

Walpurgis Night (.198)

Dangerous Dave (.198)

OWL (.198)

Nidan1 (.198)

Larsen (.198)

I now refer back to the list I posted back on June 23rd. By eliminating the players that did not submit all 5 AARs, and replacing them with those who did, I now have the official finalist list:

G1/S1 - mPisi

G1/S2 - The Capt

G1/S3 - Enoch

G1/S4 - Capt T

G2/S1 - Londoner

G2/S2 - Melnibone

G2/S3 - MickOZ

G2/S4 - Heavy Drop

G3/S1 - Deadly 88

G3/S2 - Bryce Baker

G3/S3 - Walpurgis Night

G3/S4 - Larsen

Tomorrow I will arrange the 3 finals sections, and send out the first scenario. The other 2 will follow in a day or two.

Remember, all the rules that applied in the regular tourney also apply in the finals. That means full FOW lockdown at all times.

OK, I must get some sleep, as I am due in court tomorrow. Asta Manyana.