**** ROW IV (part 4) ****

Update again,

Jarmo has responded. Can't really go into detail, but it may be that the regular tourney will be scored very soon, perhaps as early as tonight.

As for signing up for ROW V, Waaaaaay too early for that, but when the time comes it will be posted on this forum in the usual manner. Judging by the news on how far away the new engine is it is more than likely that ROW V will be in CMAK (and hopefully in 1.02).

I want to personally thank all those who took the time to write AARs for this tournament. That is a very impressive list.

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update again,

Jarmo has responded. Can't really go into detail, but it may be that the regular tourney will be scored very soon, perhaps as early as tonight.

As for signing up for ROW V, Waaaaaay too early for that, but when the time comes it will be posted on this forum in the usual manner. Judging by the news on how far away the new engine is it is more than likely that ROW V will be in CMAK (and hopefully in 1.02).

I want to personally thank all those who took the time to write AARs for this tournament. That is a very impressive list.

Update again,

Somewhere (I can't find it) Holien asked how we'd like to have the AARs available.

What I'd really love is to have a list like the one that I published (with the contestants in score-order for each battle) and have each contestant name be a link to their AAR for that battle.

Then one would be able to read each AAR in the immediate knowledge of how the author performed.

I suppose this might be asking a bit much? I'd be quite happy to help set up such a site...

GaJ.

Somewhere (I can't find it) Holien asked how we'd like to have the AARs available.

What I'd really love is to have a list like the one that I published (with the contestants in score-order for each battle) and have each contestant name be a link to their AAR for that battle.

Then one would be able to read each AAR in the immediate knowledge of how the author performed.

I suppose this might be asking a bit much? I'd be quite happy to help set up such a site...

GaJ.

GaJ.

How about making it a combined CMBB/CMAK tournament? The war could rumble all the way from Algeria to the Caucasus :cool:

Originally posted by Kingfish:

Update again,

How about making it a combined CMBB/CMAK tournament? The war could rumble all the way from Algeria to the Caucasus :cool:

Update again,

Update again,

Holien,

In response to your request for suggestions on how to arrange the AAR’s, I believe it would be beneficial to everyone, if you could link the AAR’s using the tournament pairings. This would allow the reader to examine a particular scenario from both sides and see how each contestant’s plans played out against his opponent. This looking at both sides of the battle may provide a valuable learning tool for the reader. Enabling him/her to observe and gain insight into overall deployment planning for defense and attack. Seeing what worked, or did not in a scenario and why is a great way to improve your game play. This education might also carry over to the tactical portion of the game, if the AAR’s were written giving turn synopsis.

Hope this suggestion helps.

Holien,

In response to your request for suggestions on how to arrange the AAR’s, I believe it would be beneficial to everyone, if you could link the AAR’s using the tournament pairings. This would allow the reader to examine a particular scenario from both sides and see how each contestant’s plans played out against his opponent. This looking at both sides of the battle may provide a valuable learning tool for the reader. Enabling him/her to observe and gain insight into overall deployment planning for defense and attack. Seeing what worked, or did not in a scenario and why is a great way to improve your game play. This education might also carry over to the tactical portion of the game, if the AAR’s were written giving turn synopsis.

Holien,

Originally posted by GreenAsJade:

GaJ.

Hi, an excellent idea and you seemed to have volunteered to help?

smile.gif

We need somewhere to host the files as the AAR's are inexcess of 200Meg. I have not done a final size check but it is certainly larger than the 50Meg I get from my ISP.

I can prep the files in an agreed naming convention but would need you to do the design work on site.

This is obviously something for after the judging phase.

IMPORTANT UPDATE

The deadline for the AAR's for the AAR prize is Sunday Night. This allows people who have rushed their work in for the Wine prize to tweak their entry. Spell check it and refine content.

After Sunday I will not be taking any changes in the AAR's.

H

P.s. Slicer, I agree and again if that can be done that is a very good idea.

[ June 22, 2004, 09:49 AM: Message edited by: Holien ]

GaJ.

smile.gif

We need somewhere to host the files as the AAR's are inexcess of 200Meg. I have not done a final size check but it is certainly larger than the 50Meg I get from my ISP.

I can prep the files in an agreed naming convention but would need you to do the design work on site.

IMPORTANT UPDATE

The deadline for the AAR's for the AAR prize is Sunday Night. This allows people who have rushed their work in for the Wine prize to tweak their entry. Spell check it and refine content.

H

GaJ.

smile.gif

IMPORTANT UPDATE

H

Hi Nice Site Sgt_Kelly.

I have just sent KF the final sheet on who has submitted what for the points for the finals. I.e. Wine prize.

If anyone has any issues and can persuade KF of the validity then please get in touch with him ASAP, as he will now be acting on the what I have sent him.

I will be off line soon until Sunday night, bar a quick peek from work on Wednesday morning.

Good luck with the final games and I think you will enjoy the scenarios even more than those in the first round.

;)

(Heh Heh Heh....)

H

Hi Nice Site Sgt_Kelly.

I have just sent KF the final sheet on who has submitted what for the points for the finals. I.e. Wine prize.

If anyone has any issues and can persuade KF of the validity then please get in touch with him ASAP, as he will now be acting on the what I have sent him.

I will be off line soon until Sunday night, bar a quick peek from work on Wednesday morning.

Good luck with the final games and I think you will enjoy the scenarios even more than those in the first round.

;)

(Heh Heh Heh....)

H

Hi Nice Site Sgt_Kelly.

;)

(Heh Heh Heh....)

H

WineCape,

Just had an idea. Concerning wine winners here in the States, and assuming, for the first idea, they don't live a) in the hinterland or B) in "dry" counties, may I suggest either that they identify a local wine merchant who would supply the needed bottles, then be shipped replacements by you through normal mercantile channels OR that you seriously consider making arrangements (gift certificate?) with Wines.com or similar U.S. based Internet retail distributor to provide the prize wines? I see no reason why you should have to endure a huge financial hit when there may be a much better and cheaper way to deliver the prize.

Regards,

John Kettler

[ June 22, 2004, 04:39 PM: Message edited by: John Kettler ]