**** ROW IV (part 2) ****

Kingfish

BTW, would this be the Syrians in the Yom Kippur War or the soon to be held "Operation Revenging Crusader" led by George Dubya (well to the rear of course) with his ass kickin' US Army & Marines. Either way I'm screwed.
Could be worse, you could get the Haitians in the ROW XII scenario: GI Jungle Fever 2004. Or the French, in any scenario, ever.

--gator6

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW, would this be the Syrians in the Yom Kippur War or the soon to be held "Operation Revenging Crusader" led by George Dubya (well to the rear of course) with his ass kickin' US Army & Marines. Either way I'm screwed.
Could be worse, you could get the Haitians in the ROW XII scenario: GI Jungle Fever 2004. Or the French, in any scenario, ever.

--gator6

--gator6

Ohhh ignore KR even when he does get the Americans he still makes a pigs ear of it. (My famous last words as there is still plenty of time to go!!)

;)

Can't even get his 155mm Arty to land on any of my troops.

BTW FFOW not compromised as it is Uncle Toms "Counter Attack at Petrano" scenario. A great two player affair. (Mind you KR might say otherwise at this present moment.)

Geeezhhh he is actually sounding like a Whinggging Pommmie...

smile.gif

H

Ohhh ignore KR even when he does get the Americans he still makes a pigs ear of it. (My famous last words as there is still plenty of time to go!!)

;)

BTW FFOW not compromised as it is Uncle Toms "Counter Attack at Petrano" scenario. A great two player affair. (Mind you KR might say otherwise at this present moment.)

smile.gif

H

;)

smile.gif

H

Originally posted by Scheer:

Hi all,

games up and running with VC, MickOZ and Flammenwerfer. Contacted M.Dorosh and patiently awaiting his first turn.

CptMike has gone for two weeks to Kosovo AFAIK. Did anyone get a game started with him ?

I sent a setup but got no response.

Still working on yours. And trying to figure out which email address is yours...

Hi all,

games up and running with VC, MickOZ and Flammenwerfer. Contacted M.Dorosh and patiently awaiting his first turn.

CptMike has gone for two weeks to Kosovo AFAIK. Did anyone get a game started with him ?

Still working on yours. And trying to figure out which email address is yours...

Hi all,

Dear all RoW IV participants,

Wine prizes and a review of freight methods to possible USA winners:

In the past, I had 3 options of sending wine to the USA, not counting the cheapest per-bottle-freight method of them all, sea freight of 1 shipping cube (420b per pallet). Anyone interested? :D I chose naturally the most economical freight method (US$7.00 p/bottle freight cost) for winners of past RoW’s, namely…

[1] Postage.

Inexpensive. Aye, that it WAS. Transit was sometimes on the wrong side of 3 months to the USA. I think the record was to John Kettler, 6 weeks flat in Carson. But hey…. the liquid sunshine DID arrive in good shape. Now postage is illegal for all states across the USA after a new “prior notice” legislation process, effective also on other methods of freight as from 12 Dec. 2003. In essence, anything consumable imported from abroad (baby milk powder, dog food, wine etc.) has to go through a “prior notice” process on the FDA website, giving the FDA ample time beforehand to inspect consumable consignments when it arrives on USA shores, if they so wish. The side effect: The USA FDA has clamped down on all liquor send via postage with renewed vigour (which was always illegal BTW, but previously not strictly enforced in certain “enlightened” states) in no small part due to the “9/11” disaster and subsequent developments.

Postage was my first choice for obvious reasons. This has left me with the following freight options to the USA…

[2] Airfreight, door-to-airport.

Freight cost is still reasonable @ US$8.00 per-bottle-freighted. I’m happy to pay/send the wines, if you live close to the 37 USA airports that my freight company flies to. Airports we fly to can be supplied on request. The potential problem: The winner receiving wines via this method MIGHT pay - depending on the customs officer mood whether the latter had a morning coffee or not - approximately $25.00 per consignment in clearance fees. (USA duties/taxes are also payable collection of the wine at the airport. USA duties BTW are roughly $0.38 per 750ml wine bottle. Negligible. One advantage is that transit will usually be 10-18 working days. Customs will need your day contact phone number and possibly your social security # too.

The question is if an possible USA RoW IV winner wants to pay an additional $25.00 (this is usually a rough estimate) to receive his 12b winnings? If not, I’m p_r_e_p_a_r_e_d to go the following route for those winners that reckon Mr. WineCape is a rip-off and he should have warned us earlier about the feckin ever changing USA wine laws, not? :rolleyes:

[3] Airfreight, door-to-door courier service.

This will cost me – again, I’m prepared to pay this due to unforseen USA wine law circumstances - about US$24.00 per-bottle-freight to get it to an USA resident. One advantage is that you will not pay the approx. $25.00 clearing charges; it will be on my account. You will still be liable for the small state taxes and duties. Transit time 15-18 days. Given that the most expensive and best SA wine rarely touches a price tag of $24.00 anyway, this seems a waste. But if the winner insist, I’m more than willing to honour my wine pledge to the an USA RoW IV winner.

However, there is one caveat with this courier method: Due to strict(er) importation laws, the following USA states do not even allow door-to-door courier of wine, unless the recipent has a valid import license: Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Maryland, Tennessee, Indiana, North Carolina, Louisiana, North Hampshire, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Nevada.)

Obviously, if an USA RoW IV winner has family living outside the USA, I’m more than willing to send an early Xmas present to them instead, hehe. Call me biased, but I’ll be rooting for a non-USA participant to win the 3 cases on offer. ;)

Sincerely,

Charl Theron

logo.gif

-----------------------------------------------------

Wine donations send to the following for their contributions to CM:

</font>

• Staff @ Battlefront.com</font>
  • Fuerte for his PBEM HELPER</font>
  • Manx (He used to run the “sexiest CMBO modsite on the net”)</font>
  • Boots & Tracks (RoW tournament scenarios)</font>
  • Andrew Fox (modding art)</font>
  • Keith Miller @ Scenario Depot</font>
  • Gordon Molek for his CMMOS utility</font>

Co-creator & Sponsor of the following Combat Mission tournaments:

</font>

[ February 24, 2004, 11:10 AM: Message edited by: WineCape ]

In the past, I had 3 options of sending wine to the USA, not counting the cheapest per-bottle-freight method of them all, sea freight of 1 shipping cube (420b per pallet). Anyone interested? :D I chose naturally the most economical freight method (US$7.00 p/bottle freight cost) for winners of past RoW’s, namely…

[1] Postage.

Inexpensive. Aye, that it WAS. Transit was sometimes on the wrong side of 3 months to the USA. I think the record was to John Kettler, 6 weeks flat in Carson. But hey…. the liquid sunshine DID arrive in good shape. Now postage is illegal for all states across the USA after a new “prior notice” legislation process, effective also on other methods of freight as from 12 Dec. 2003. In essence, anything consumable imported from abroad (baby milk powder, dog food, wine etc.) has to go through a “prior notice” process on the FDA website, giving the FDA ample time beforehand to inspect consumable consignments when it arrives on USA shores, if they so wish. The side effect: The USA FDA has clamped down on all liquor send via postage with renewed vigour (which was always illegal BTW, but previously not strictly enforced in certain “enlightened” states) in no small part due to the “9/11” disaster and subsequent developments.

Postage was my first choice for obvious reasons. This has left me with the following freight options to the USA…

Freight cost is still reasonable @ US$8.00 per-bottle-freighted. I’m happy to pay/send the wines, if you live close to the 37 USA airports that my freight company flies to. Airports we fly to can be supplied on request. The potential problem: The winner receiving wines via this method MIGHT pay - depending on the customs officer mood whether the latter had a morning coffee or not - approximately $25.00 per consignment in clearance fees. (USA duties/taxes are also payable collection of the wine at the airport. USA duties BTW are roughly $0.38 per 750ml wine bottle. Negligible. One advantage is that transit will usually be 10-18 working days. Customs will need your day contact phone number and possibly your social security # too.

The question is if an possible USA RoW IV winner wants to pay an additional $25.00 (this is usually a rough estimate) to receive his 12b winnings? If not, I’m p_r_e_p_a_r_e_d to go the following route for those winners that reckon Mr. WineCape is a rip-off and he should have warned us earlier about the feckin ever changing USA wine laws, not? :rolleyes:

This will cost me – again, I’m prepared to pay this due to unforseen USA wine law circumstances - about US$24.00 per-bottle-freight to get it to an USA resident. One advantage is that you will not pay the approx. $25.00 clearing charges; it will be on my account. You will still be liable for the small state taxes and duties. Transit time 15-18 days. Given that the most expensive and best SA wine rarely touches a price tag of $24.00 anyway, this seems a waste. But if the winner insist, I’m more than willing to honour my wine pledge to the an USA RoW IV winner.

However, there is one caveat with this courier method: Due to strict(er) importation laws, the following USA states do not even allow door-to-door courier of wine, unless the recipent has a valid import license: Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Maryland, Tennessee, Indiana, North Carolina, Louisiana, North Hampshire, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Nevada.)

Obviously, if an USA RoW IV winner has family living outside the USA, I’m more than willing to send an early Xmas present to them instead, hehe. Call me biased, but I’ll be rooting for a non-USA participant to win the 3 cases on offer. ;)

Sincerely,

Charl Theron

logo.gif

</font>

</font>

[1] Postage.

Sincerely,

Charl Theron

logo.gif

</font>

</font>

I would hope, given all that you have done for us, that those who do win the wine would chose option #2, as this is by far the most economical way to ship it.

I can only speak for myself, but if I was playing in the tourney (and you surrender monkeys should feel blessed I'm not) I would gladly pony up the custom fee. If I'm near one of the 37 airports, great. If not, I'd offer it as a gift to someone who is.

I would hope, given all that you have done for us, that those who do win the wine would chose option #2, as this is by far the most economical way to ship it.

I can only speak for myself, but if I was playing in the tourney (and you surrender monkeys should feel blessed I'm not) I would gladly pony up the custom fee. If I'm near one of the 37 airports, great. If not, I'd offer it as a gift to someone who is.

Here are the smart options

a) exclude all Americans from the prizes (but not the tourney)

B) offer Gift Certificates for the winning Yankees with the proviso that the prize is stricly cash (or in this case, certificate" and carry. Imagine how disappointed they will be when they show up at your doorstep only to find you're not thatCharl Theron.... :D

B) offer Gift Certificates for the winning Yankees with the proviso that the prize is stricly cash (or in this case, certificate" and carry. Imagine how disappointed they will be when they show up at your doorstep only to find you're not thatCharl Theron.... :D