**** ROW IV (part 2) ****

Kingfish

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AAR UPDATE PLEASE READ ---> IMPORTANT INFORMATION

Great news people are starting to send in their AAR's.

Bad news is that I need you to provide a set header as explained below: -

Please right at the start of the AAR very clearly do the following: -

1. Your Player Name (this is what you signed upto the tourney as.)

2. Your opponents Player Name.

3. Your Group and Section.

4. The name of the Scenario.

5. Your E-mail Address for responses about the AAR.

IF YOU DO NOT DO THIS I will e-mail you and ask you to re submit it. I do not have the time to try and find out who you are. I need to file it as it arrives quickly and with the minimum of bother. There are far too many of you and games to add this potential burden!

;)

Please also send the AAR's direct to me. Do not send it to Kingfish or Spanish Bombs and expect them to send it on. We are trying to keep the flow of work to a minimum.

All AAR's can be sent here: -

Holien(at)9woodford(dot)Clara(Dot)Co.uk

N.B. The AAR prize is open to all players who play the scenarios during the timeframe of ROW and write an AAR and submit it to me using the guidelines above. (It is not eligable to staff).

We will be judging them on style, content and message. It does not have to be perfect English but you need to convey the message and we will try our best to understand you if English is not your first language.

If in doubt please ask friends or native English speakers to check it for Typo's and use of language.

We will not be judging it on spelling but on what it is saying and we need to understand what the author has typed!

UK / US English differences will be tolerated.

smile.gif

Any questions e-mail me.

KF can you cut and paste this into the rules?

H

[ March 09, 2004, 01:47 PM: Message edited by: Holien ]

IF YOU DO NOT DO THIS I will e-mail you and ask you to re submit it. I do not have the time to try and find out who you are. I need to file it as it arrives quickly and with the minimum of bother. There are far too many of you and games to add this potential burden!

;)

Please also send the AAR's direct to me. Do not send it to Kingfish or Spanish Bombs and expect them to send it on. We are trying to keep the flow of work to a minimum.

N.B. The AAR prize is open to all players who play the scenarios during the timeframe of ROW and write an AAR and submit it to me using the guidelines above. (It is not eligable to staff).

We will be judging them on style, content and message. It does not have to be perfect English but you need to convey the message and we will try our best to understand you if English is not your first language.

If in doubt please ask friends or native English speakers to check it for Typo's and use of language.

We will not be judging it on spelling but on what it is saying and we need to understand what the author has typed!

smile.gif

Any questions e-mail me.

H

;)

smile.gif

Any questions e-mail me.

H

Ahhh I forgotten our convict colony....

Mind you yiou chaps are more like Americans now adays so you can use American English....

Except for those down in Adelaide who still pay homage to the Mother Country...

;)

I expect the Kiwis to be correcting the Mother Country as they are more Engliosh than the English.

smile.gif

H

Mind you yiou chaps are more like Americans now adays so you can use American English....

;)

I expect the Kiwis to be correcting the Mother Country as they are more Engliosh than the English.

smile.gif

H

;)

smile.gif

H

Attention troops!

Won't name any names, as will probably be next myself, but it's important to the war effort that you remember to attach the turn. Other than that,

am rolling turns, subject to receiving them. Ace Pilot is on brief standdown caused by work.

Holien,

Please confirm that the AAR prize will be awarded for the goodness of the writeups proper, not for having cool screenshots with annotations and such.

Regards,

John Kettler

Attention troops!

Won't name any names, as will probably be next myself, but it's important to the war effort that you remember to attach the turn. Other than that,

am rolling turns, subject to receiving them. Ace Pilot is on brief standdown caused by work.

Holien,

Please confirm that the AAR prize will be awarded for the goodness of the writeups proper, not for having cool screenshots with annotations and such.

Regards,

John Kettler

Attention troops!

Holien,

Regards,

John Kettler

Hi John,

Graphics are nice but the message is what counts and how it is portrayed can be aided by nice simple screen shots.

Please keep within the size limits set. I have just built (my first attempt) a PC from scratch.

I do not want to have to buy another hard disk just for AAR's.

The slight exception to size is if you provide a link to your web site with the AAR on. Please remember to security control it until after the tourney has finished.

I guess the ultimate guide for the judges is the following. (Talking off the top of my head.)

1. What information does it give the Designer.

2. What information does it give other Players.

Graphics can be vey useful in this but it is the content which will be judged and fluff will be seen as fluff IMO.

;)

Of course all of this is very subjective and will involve strong discussions between the judges. This will arrive at the final three and then it is down to peer assessment.

That way you can not blame the judges. (Not that that ever stops people...)

smile.gif

H

Hi John,

Graphics are nice but the message is what counts and how it is portrayed can be aided by nice simple screen shots.

Please keep within the size limits set. I have just built (my first attempt) a PC from scratch.

The slight exception to size is if you provide a link to your web site with the AAR on. Please remember to security control it until after the tourney has finished.

I guess the ultimate guide for the judges is the following. (Talking off the top of my head.)

Graphics can be vey useful in this but it is the content which will be judged and fluff will be seen as fluff IMO.

;)

Of course all of this is very subjective and will involve strong discussions between the judges. This will arrive at the final three and then it is down to peer assessment.

smile.gif

H

Hi John,

;)

smile.gif

H

Attention RoW IV Mac users (and PC types willing to help)!

I've run into a problem with one PC using foe and need to double check something with you. Am using StuffIt Deluxe to zip turns for foes who otherwise get code gobbledegook from me, and I have been getting zipped turns from at least one foe, turns which automatically unzip as a separate page when clicked. I then simply hit Select All and Save As to send the turn to the PBEM file. Unfortunately, I got a zipped turn which a) didn't automatically unzip, and B) may possibly employ something called Winrar, whatever that is.

Is it more likely that the file is somehow corrupt, or do I need to get the turn again, this time without Winrar, assuming it was even used?

Thanks for any and all help.

Regards,

John Kettler

Attention RoW IV Mac users (and PC types willing to help)!

I've run into a problem with one PC using foe and need to double check something with you. Am using StuffIt Deluxe to zip turns for foes who otherwise get code gobbledegook from me, and I have been getting zipped turns from at least one foe, turns which automatically unzip as a separate page when clicked. I then simply hit Select All and Save As to send the turn to the PBEM file. Unfortunately, I got a zipped turn which a) didn't automatically unzip, and B) may possibly employ something called Winrar, whatever that is.

Is it more likely that the file is somehow corrupt, or do I need to get the turn again, this time without Winrar, assuming it was even used?

Thanks for any and all help.

Regards,

John Kettler