**** ROW IV (part 2) ****

Kingfish

I was amazed to find that none of my opponents use

Fuerte's PBEM Helper .

It is a must have for playing CM by email. A turn arrives (from someone using it) ... double click and you are _in the game_: turn file saved in the right place, CM fired up and password entered. A button press and a click at the end of the game and the turn is sent back to the opponent: no messing around with saving and attaching etc.

It is true that it's a bit fiddly to set up, but it is really worth it.

Here is what PBEMH looks like for me, just after I receive a turn for the game called 2-Hill...

I'm ready to play that game and waiting for all the others (hint hint).

Click here if you didn't see it yet.

GaJ.

[ February 29, 2004, 05:14 AM: Message edited by: GreenAsJade ]

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuerte's PBEM Helper .

It is a must have for playing CM by email. A turn arrives (from someone using it) ... double click and you are _in the game_: turn file saved in the right place, CM fired up and password entered. A button press and a click at the end of the game and the turn is sent back to the opponent: no messing around with saving and attaching etc.

Here is what PBEMH looks like for me, just after I receive a turn for the game called 2-Hill...

GaJ.

Fuerte's PBEM Helper .

GaJ.

Turns in from and back to all but KR, who hasn't been heard from today. Have found a kluge to read Londoner's x-zip-compressed format but am still seeking a better way. Foes! Be advised that I'm on an article deadline of 5 p.m. PST tomorrow, so you'll have to pray I get done early if you want turns before then. Have cleared my entire turn backlog.

GreenAsJade, is PBEM Helper for PCs only or for PCs

and Macs?

Regards,

John Kettler

Turns in from and back to all but KR, who hasn't been heard from today. Have found a kluge to read Londoner's x-zip-compressed format but am still seeking a better way. Foes! Be advised that I'm on an article deadline of 5 p.m. PST tomorrow, so you'll have to pray I get done early if you want turns before then. Have cleared my entire turn backlog.

and Macs?

Regards,

John Kettler

and Macs?

Regards,

John Kettler

John,

AFAIK it is only for the PC. See the link in my signature for PBEM Helper.

Sincerely,

Charl Theron

logo.gif

-----------------------------------------------------

Wine donations send to the following for their contributions to CM:

</font>

• Staff @ Battlefront.com</font>
  • Fuerte for his PBEM HELPER</font>
  • Manx (He used to run the “sexiest CMBO modsite on the net”)</font>
  • Boots & Tracks (RoW tournament scenarios)</font>
  • Andrew Fox (modding art)</font>
  • Keith Miller @ Scenario Depot</font>
  • Gordon Molek for his CMMOS utility</font>

Co-creator & Sponsor of the following Combat Mission tournaments:

</font>

"An army is a team. It lives, eats, sleeps, fights as a team. This individuality stuff is a bunch of bull****."

General George Patton Jnr.

John,

Sincerely,

Charl Theron

logo.gif

</font>

</font>

"An army is a team. It lives, eats, sleeps, fights as a team. This individuality stuff is a bunch of bull****."

John,

Sincerely,

Charl Theron

logo.gif

</font>

</font>

Troops!

I apparently lost track of when the leap year occurred and in fact have one more day than previously stated to finish my magazine article, since the end of the month is Sunday, not Saturday. Am still aiming for Saturday completion, though.

Makes for a great deal less drama on my end! Since I'm presently digesting a stupendous amount of research information and am not yet able to get the new info to gel, I shall be happy to receive and respond to at least one more cycle of turns today (already Saturday, 3:24 a.m. PST here), maybe more.

Charl (or do you prefer WineCape?),

I'm going to do my damnedest to win the wine (score better in every Tournament), despite nasty, hard to read terrain, and I'll come up with some approach we both can live with (in spite of insane authorities!) in that happy event, but meanwhile, would you please add me to your list of the blessed (wine donative recipients) for what I believe you termed "excellent AARs"? I know I made the list, for I've drunk quite a bit of the wine and enjoyed it thoroughly with my friends. Still have a couple of the reds left, since my friends are fans of white wines and the wine is invariably served with dinner. I believe someone has posted at least a few of my AARs by now, probably in conjunction with the various RoW Tournament Scenario Packs, giving you something to hyperlink to, if desired. Thanks also for the PBEM Helper info. Will check the link as soon as this post is done. Am thrilled and delighted to be in RoW IV, especially after the misery and embarrassment of having to drop out of RoW III because the promised CMBB capable Mac didn't show up and I had no means to get one any other way then. Thank you for again co-creating and sponsoring my favorite uncontrolled, still legal substance! The wine, wonderful as it is, is merely the gravy on a superb cut of meat. I marvel that with a few mouse clicks, I am bloodlessly matching martial wits against people all over the world, people whom I feel I'd be happy to have come visit me.

Regards,

John Kettler

Troops!

I apparently lost track of when the leap year occurred and in fact have one more day than previously stated to finish my magazine article, since the end of the month is Sunday, not Saturday. Am still aiming for Saturday completion, though.

Makes for a great deal less drama on my end! Since I'm presently digesting a stupendous amount of research information and am not yet able to get the new info to gel, I shall be happy to receive and respond to at least one more cycle of turns today (already Saturday, 3:24 a.m. PST here), maybe more.

I'm going to do my damnedest to win the wine (score better in every Tournament), despite nasty, hard to read terrain, and I'll come up with some approach we both can live with (in spite of insane authorities!) in that happy event, but meanwhile, would you please add me to your list of the blessed (wine donative recipients) for what I believe you termed "excellent AARs"? I know I made the list, for I've drunk quite a bit of the wine and enjoyed it thoroughly with my friends. Still have a couple of the reds left, since my friends are fans of white wines and the wine is invariably served with dinner. I believe someone has posted at least a few of my AARs by now, probably in conjunction with the various RoW Tournament Scenario Packs, giving you something to hyperlink to, if desired. Thanks also for the PBEM Helper info. Will check the link as soon as this post is done. Am thrilled and delighted to be in RoW IV, especially after the misery and embarrassment of having to drop out of RoW III because the promised CMBB capable Mac didn't show up and I had no means to get one any other way then. Thank you for again co-creating and sponsoring my favorite uncontrolled, still legal substance! The wine, wonderful as it is, is merely the gravy on a superb cut of meat. I marvel that with a few mouse clicks, I am bloodlessly matching martial wits against people all over the world, people whom I feel I'd be happy to have come visit me.

Regards,

John Kettler

Troops!

Regards,

John Kettler