**** ROW IV (part 2) ****

Kingfish

Originally posted by MrSpkr:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by dangerousdave:

I don't know, here's what I got in my email:

"REMEMBER - full FOW lockdown at all times!"

Seems pretty clear. Don't talk about the composition of your forces, period. Nada, nothing, zip ...

Can I mention I have an infantry squad and a tank? Or a mortar? How about an MG, an FO, and a dirty old SOB?

Not necessarily in the same scenario, of course?

Lighten up, guys. No FOW was harmed.

Steve </font>

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems pretty clear. Don't talk about the composition of your forces, period. Nada, nothing, zip ...

Can I mention I have an infantry squad and a tank? Or a mortar? How about an MG, an FO, and a dirty old SOB?

Steve </font>

Steve </font>

Steve </font>

Steve </font>

GreenAsJade,

Experimental results, as promised! I think I've figured out what's been happening. First, I apparently didn't use all the magnification options (skipped one for sure)in one scenario with a relatively compact map, making myself work much harder than would otherwise have been necessary. But even when I did in another scenario, there's a scale effect which comes into play on big maps. If I zoom out to see the whole map, even +3 magnification gets lost from what seems like 40,000

feet. If I drop down to where the troops show up well, then I can see only a small piece of the map.

No wonder I'm confused!

Regards,

John Kettler

GreenAsJade,

Experimental results, as promised! I think I've figured out what's been happening. First, I apparently didn't use all the magnification options (skipped one for sure)in one scenario with a relatively compact map, making myself work much harder than would otherwise have been necessary. But even when I did in another scenario, there's a scale effect which comes into play on big maps. If I zoom out to see the whole map, even +3 magnification gets lost from what seems like 40,000

feet. If I drop down to where the troops show up well, then I can see only a small piece of the map.

No wonder I'm confused!

Regards,

John Kettler

GreenAsJade,

No wonder I'm confused!

Regards,

John Kettler

Originally posted by John Kettler:

GreenAsJade,

No wonder I'm confused!

Regards,

John Kettler

(I've taken this to email, where all good one-on-one discussions occur)

GreenAsJade,

No wonder I'm confused!

Regards,

John Kettler

GreenAsJade,

No wonder I'm confused!

Regards,

John Kettler

Overkill here(martinoc@adelphia.net). I currently have three games that I will get to tonight. I emailed the players of that. Currently I have the following games going...Frontier, Squeeze, South,Bump, and Retreat. If I'm missing someone please let me know.. One thing you all can do that are in my group, please email me with what game were playing so I can double check with my list....

Overkill here(martinoc@adelphia.net). I currently have three games that I will get to tonight. I emailed the players of that. Currently I have the following games going...Frontier, Squeeze, South,Bump, and Retreat. If I'm missing someone please let me know.. One thing you all can do that are in my group, please email me with what game were playing so I can double check with my list....

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by MrSpkr:

Steve </font>

Steve </font>

Steve </font>

Originally posted by redwolf:

Well, we want to have some fun, too.

See it this way: a good or moderate player will know what kind of info must not be given away. If a bad player gives some info, would you use it?

Doesn't make much difference.

The only reason I'm doing this is to have fun, I assume that's the case for everyone. But for me, what is fun is getting all my intelligence about the opfor on the battlefield. If someone gives away some info on the forum, I wouldn't want to know it, but how do you erase it from your memory? Like a bell, once rung, you can't unring it.

You are always free to chat via email with your opponent about such things if you so choose. Why do it here?

Finally, its part of the deal, the agreement for participating in the tournament. Not only is it a good idea, its the law.

Originally posted by redwolf:

Well, we want to have some fun, too.

See it this way: a good or moderate player will know what kind of info must not be given away. If a bad player gives some info, would you use it?

Doesn't make much difference.

The only reason I'm doing this is to have fun, I assume that's the case for everyone. But for me, what is fun is getting all my intelligence about the opfor on the battlefield. If someone gives away some info on the forum, I wouldn't want to know it, but how do you erase it from your memory? Like a bell, once rung, you can't unring it.

You are always free to chat via email with your opponent about such things if you so choose. Why do it here?

Finally, its part of the deal, the agreement for participating in the tournament. Not only is it a good idea, its the law.