Why Does It Always Rain On Me, Is it Because I'm In The Peng Challenge Thread..

**YK2**

So how did the Cheerleader thing work out, Boo? Those young and nubile girls overly impressed that you work with Photoshop? Yeah, I get that all the time too.

Some lovely young thing says, "Oh, you're an Illustrator? Let me sit on your lap while you tell me all about it!"

And that doesn't take into account the many times I've been in public and some desperate soul shouts, "Is there an Illustrator or a Retoucher in the house?!" To manfully walk forward, all eyes on you, and capture the moment in a true yet aethstetically pleasing manner. The gratitude of the people, the "Well dones" and shouts of "Huzzah!"; those are the things that make all those years of doodling in class seem worth it.

Yep, the Illustrator. The Art Grunt. The Draw Boy. It's a high and rewarding calling...

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Lurkur:

So how did the Cheerleader thing work out, Boo? Those young and nubile girls overly impressed that you work with Photoshop? Yeah, I get that all the time too.

Some lovely young thing says, "Oh, you're an Illustrator? Let me sit on your lap while you tell me all about it!"

And that doesn't take into account the many times I've been in public and some desperate soul shouts, "Is there an Illustrator or a Retoucher in the house?!" To manfully walk forward, all eyes on you, and capture the moment in a true yet aethstetically pleasing manner. The gratitude of the people, the "Well dones" and shouts of "Huzzah!"; those are the things that make all those years of doodling in class seem worth it.

Yep, the Illustrator. The Art Grunt. The Draw Boy. It's a high and rewarding calling...

Ahh. The dreams of those inadequates........Sad.

Noba.

Ah...Maryland, my Maryland...a forsaken land with a fosaken people. Currently Ground Zero for the

<Font size =+5> FINGER OF GOD! <Font>

I think I shall put on my wet suit, flippers, snorkel, and mask, then go forth and chip a hole in the 4 foot high ice ring surrounding my Mustang, before it fills and drowns my baby.

Song or poetry?

He was too old for that bar

but it was the only one around

And he needed a beer

So that's where he was found

He took an empty stool

amid the jocks and punks

He could take them all to school

when it came to being drunks

Miles from home again

He was overdrawn on luck

Hoping that tomorrow

they'd find that part for his truck

So he drank a beer, then two

as a rock band hit the stage

When all he wanted to do

was have a drink with folks his age

Then the beer it turned to whisky

The barmaid ran a tab

You can hit freefall until last call

when you're traveling by cab

There were young girls in the mirror

with no trouble on their minds

As the picture became clearer

he stared ahead just to look behind

Then the band kicked off their first set

They wore their guitars well

There was anger, light and speed,

every whistle, every bell

They had smoke bombs, they had lasers

The singer banged his tambourine

But it's hard to play the music

when you're a pinball machine

Then the drummer took a lighter

and set fire to his sticks

as the barmaid squealed with laughter

and said, "That's one of my favorite tricks."

As the whisky took the driver's seat

he touched his wedding ring

He kept thinking of Chuck Berry,

Howlin' Wolf and B.B. King

Then the band it took a break

and it was possible to talk

As the barmaid poured a free one

she said, "Don't they really rock?"

At first he had no words

so he drank his whisky down

Then he slid off his barstool

and stood on shaky ground.

He said, "That ain't rock'n'roll.

That's just Vaudeville plugging in."

And she looked up and said,

"Ain't that the way it's always been?"

The beer will turn to whisky

The barmaid runs a tab

The years spin by in a free fall

Till you're traveling by cab

So how did the Cheerleader thing work out, Boo?

It all went well except for one young, svelte, alluring, smokey-eyed 17 year old vixen...

where was I again?

Oh! Yes, as she walked into the studio, said of the jazz I had on the stereo, "Well, someone likes Easy Listening music."

I made sure that all the shots I did of her were when she was not looking at the camera, blinking or with her mouth open.

They never learn that pissing off the photographer is just like pissing off a waiter.

Power is such a heady thing.

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Lurkur:

I made sure that all the shots I did of her were when she was not looking at the camera, blinking or with her mouth open.</font>

Originally posted by MrSpkr:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Boo Radley:

I made sure that all the shots I did of her were when she was not looking at the camera, blinking or with her mouth open.</font>

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by MrSpkr:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Boo Radley:

Well, it's Saturday morning and it's snowing...again. Not sure why but it makes me hate you all even more*— especially the Australians, not that one needs a reason to pile a little extra hate on your average Aussie. Now I think I'm going to go over the the Go-to-hale thread and kick someone inna fork.

*ladies excepted, naturally

Well, it's Saturday morning and it's snowing...again. Not sure why but it makes me hate you all even more*— especially the Australians, not that one needs a reason to pile a little extra hate on your average Aussie. Now I think I'm going to go over the the Go-to-hale thread and kick someone inna fork.

*ladies excepted, naturally

You useless pile of sheep dags. Make sure you stay over there.

Noba.

I would, but the fact that my presence here annoys you is so gratifying.

Noba...Noba... That name is familiar. I seem to recall playing someone with that name...crushing his elite germans with my green americans...good times.

Pah. I have no such recollection, but you are welcome to try and repeat your dreams. Send a set-up. Not too large, no snow, no night either.

We shall see if you are still hanging around like the dags on a flyblown sheep after my troops have ground your poor pixels to a pulp.

Noba.

Ultra Gamey UPDATES!!

Berli has chosen the Italian unterwunderkind in a Germanboy monstrousity called Into the Wadi of Death. Thus far, he has managed to crunch a minor scouting vehicle. Since that time, however, he has cowered in his foxholes awaiting the approach of my mighty LRRF. He owes me a turn.

dalem is helping to playtest a new scenario based on the German attacks against the Hussars in 1942's Gazala battles. I hates his Grants, they kill me more than I want them to. Fortunately, since I designed the scenario, I decided to take the side with reinforcements. He owes me a turn.

Seanachai asked for a setup (with a very limpwristed taunt, not that there's anything wrong with that), so, being the masochist that I am, I sent him a short operation (The Omars). He is the Allied attacker.

With his rate of returning files, I suspect we'll be finished around 2026 (just in time for my retirement party). He owes me a turn (there's a surprise).

Leeo and I are still engaged in a deathmatch in Russia. If blood makes the grass grow, this place will be fertile for decades. In any event, both of us are flailing ineptly at one another, making lots of dead bodies and splodey things to acheive a tie game with three turns left. In other words, it's the epitomy of a Cesspuddlian matchup. He owes me a turn.

Yeknod is helping playtest another scenario, this one set in Sicily. He owes me a turn.

Boo is playing with his usual forgettable style. He owes me a turn. He smells like an oyster that's been sitting all weekend in the hot sun, too, but we won't talk about that.

Oh yeah, his "I have this huge ice puddle at the base of my driveway, just down the hill from the outhouse" inspired the latest Ker Dessel* release, a high-res snow grid.

Steve

*Ker Dessel -- when you want to play CM in the WORST way