Why Does It Always Rain On Me, Is it Because I'm In The Peng Challenge Thread..

**YK2**

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ohh... a jolly sing-a-long... How about gnome songs?

me and your garden gnome

have set up shop outside your home

and we've watched you come and go

but you wouldn't notice us here down below

me and your garden gnome

we made friends a long time ago

and we soak up the sun, we chill out in the snow

we're sitting in your garden like a murder of crows

and at the break of dawn

if we could trouble you for just a moment

if you'd leave your clock radio on

he and I could dance a jig

halfway across your lawn

neither one of us likes your new guy

and we couldn't really tell you why

maybe it's because we don't stand as high

or maybe it's because you quit noticing us when he walks by

so I guess it seems a little bizarre

that we poured sugar in the tank of his car

we set off his antitheft

and we smiled when you left

because we knew you'd only get so far

and at the break of dawn . . .

envy and regret are ghosts

that go together like tea and toast

and the gnome and I debate

that if we both suffocate

which one of us you'd miss the most

and this morning I was out of your sight

and I smashed the gnome with all my might

and it was hard to decide

if those were tears in his eyes

because someone had left your sprinklers on all night

and at the break of dawn

if we could trouble you for just a moment

if you could leave your clock radio on

he and I could dance one last jig

halfway across your lawn

and at the break of dawn

you'll find me singing to the morning sun

digging up your lawn

trying to find where you've hid your secrets

like a leprechaun

Lorak

front.gif

Oh, and I can't forget the most famous of Gnome songs.

I want to tell you a story

About a little man

If I can.

A gnome named Steven Pemble.

And little gnomes stay in their homes.

Eating, sleeping, drinking their wine.

He wore a scarlet tunic,

A blue green hood,

It looked quite good.

He had a big adventure

Amidst the grass

Fresh air at last.

Wining, dining, biding his time.

And then one day - hooray!

Another way for gnomes to say

Oooooooooomray.

Look at the sky, look at the river

Isn't it good?

Look at the sky, look at the river

Isn't it good?

Winding, finding places to go.

And then one day - hooray!

Another way for gnomes to say

Oooooooooomray.

Ooooooooooooooomray

Lorak

Originally posted by dalem:

Ohh, Sky Kitty isn't a smoldering brunette?

Smoldering brunettes with guns are yummy.

I am naturally but I've dyed my hair yellow all my life. I guess the color in my pictures isn't up to par. He did get my lovely dark roots though. =)

Kitty

Originally posted by dalem:

Smoldering brunettes with guns are yummy.

1 x Armalite AR18

1x Colt AR15

3x SKS

3x Mossberg 500A 12 gauge shotguns

1xWinchester .20 gauge auto

1x Custom 30-06 rifle w/scope rebored from mauser

2 x Beretta 92FS

1 x S&W Sigma 9mm

1 x S&W Sigma .40

1 x Ruger .44 Magnum Blackhawk Stainless

1 x Walther PPKS .380

1 x Colt Python .357

1 x Colt Trooper II .357

1 x Colt Cobra .38

1 x 2nd Generation .45 Colt SAA

1 x Ruger Mk II BBL .22

3 x M1 Carbine (2 WW2 vintage, 1 commercial)

1 Colt SAA Sesquincentennial .45 SAA unfired

1 Colt .45 SAA "Sherrif's Model" unfired (with extra cylinder for .44-40)

1 Colt Presentation Cased .44 Walker unfired

1 Wilkerson-Terry 9mm

1 Remington 870 12 gauge

. . . this is about half of what I have. Shall I go on or is this enough? Starting to get arthritis typing all this. =(

Kitty

Originally posted by YK2:

And your point is?

The point is that Peng thread is more than one person, in fact it's more than even all the people I can think of (in my limited mind) to list here:

Berli, Mace, Elvis, dalem, Peng, Joe Shaw, Lorak, Noba, Aces and Eights, Persephone, Stuka, Boo, Croda, MrSpkr, Aqua Perdido, AussieJeff, Babra, Bastables, Bauhaus, David Aitkin, Goanna, Hiram, Moraine, Lars, Leeo, Moriarty, OGSF, Speedy, Yeknodathon, Von Shrad, StevetheRat, Priest, Armornut, Harpooner, Juardis, CMPlayer, Harv, Diceman, Sledge59, Noba, R_Leete, Lurker and me and YOU . . . and anyone else I may have forgotten (not my intention) all of whom at one time or another have professed to be your friends and all of whom look to you as their Queen.

Please don't say none of us matter anymore. I don't think any of us really deserve it.

Kitty

Originally posted by Kitty:

The point is that Peng thread is more than one person, in fact it's more than even all the people I can think of (in my limited mind) to list here:

Berli, Mace, Elvis, dalem, Peng, Joe Shaw, Lorak, Noba, Aces and Eights, Persephone, Stuka, Boo, Croda, MrSpkr, Aqua Perdido, AussieJeff, Babra, Bastables, Bauhaus, David Aitkin, Goanna, Hiram, Moraine, Lars, Leeo, Moriarty, OGSF, Speedy, Yeknodathon, Von Shrad, StevetheRat, Priest, Armornut, Harpooner, Juardis, CMPlayer, Harv, Diceman, Sledge59, Noba, R_Leete, Lurker and me and YOU . . . and anyone else I may have forgotten (not my intention) all of whom at one time or another have professed to be your friends and all of whom look to you as their Queen.

Bravo for kitty... I'm a fickle bitch, I only really remember the people whom I actually have spoken to.. half the names on your list I have never heard of never mind spoken to...So I can't for the life of me understand why they would have professed ANYTHING to me.. if they did then I would have NO DOUBT returned the compliment..

Please don't say none of us matter anymore. I don't think any of us really deserve it.
I didn't say that...it was you who said it..

What I ACTUALLY said before you snipped it to feed you bitter mind was this....

but I want to say .. I shall miss this forum and all of you guys... Most of all though.. I shall miss you Steven Pemble... Cos without you this thread (for me) ceases to exist..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are people in your list of names whom I speak to almost every day.. So of course I wouldn't miss them... They know who they are.. I don't see any of them taking my post in the way you did? Which then makes me wonder.. Why did my post result in an attack from you?

Anyone but ANYONE who has ever taken the time to speak with me or post something that has made me smile or laugh has always had my attention... nothing to do with the fact someone decided to make me Queen more to do with the fact that I appreciated it... Of course there are some who post things I may not like reading.. and I usually ignore such posts... Until.. that is.. now..

So once again.... Bravo Kitty...

The reasoning behind my post was to nuture a friend whom I felt was in need of it... Persephone got the very same vibes from Steves posts as I did... Hell she went a step further than me and gave Dan a kick.. at 5am in the morning to call Steve.. just to make sure he was ok..

Of course I wouldn't stop posting (forever) if Steve does... It was my feeble attempt of trying to get across to him that some people DO CARE...

I would have (and have done) the same for anyone I consider a friend... Which is most of the current people who post here...I say most because I don't see you as a friend... You never have been.. and I don't see you ever will be.. I've tried... but It's like walking on eggshells conversing with you and well..that's just not me... I don't dislike you or hate you.. I just don't see you as a friend... I also don't read from your post. "Don't leave, cos Seanachai is one too many"...Can you point me in the right direction? for as hard as I try I can't for the life of me read that from what you posted...I suggest..that from now on you ignore my posts..as I NORMALLY do yours... I didn't do so this time because quite frankly.. you just pushed once too often.. I have no intention of EVER leaving the PENG thread forever....and I'm pretty sure Steve hasn't either...It's just that sometimes current events make you feel you want to..

ditto *shivers*...btw I got a brand spankin new wireless keyboard. I can now sit across the room in front of the fireplace with my bathrobe on and type, surf the web, etc to my little hearts content. Course, I cant see what the hell I'm doing, but just having the ability is strangly satisfying.

BTW Mace what do you know of metallizers and reasons for them going awry?

Originally posted by Herr Oberst:

... and in your little picture, the Gnome is too tall...

I took some artistic license so the Mask of Shame No. 15...for Men would show up better. Besides, you know how touchy certain Olde Ones are on the whole issue of "size."

<font size=2>No gnomes were killed or injured in the making of this image. Can't say the same for Mace.</font>

Persephone Berli? BERLI?! BERLI!

Berli huh?... wha?... fire?

Persephone Emmaandkittyarefighting! There'sbloodeverywhereandbodyparsareflying! YougottadoSOMEFINK!

Berli fire? please?

Persephone EMMA! KITTY! FIGHTING! DO SOME FINK!

Berli *gazing upward* Ok God, you were saving this on weren't you? Wasn't enough to just cast me out was it? You really are a rat bastard, you know. *turns bleary eyed gaze back to Persephone* I really, and I do mean really, hope there is a real reason you woke me up...

If I didn’t have a brain

from what could I refrain?

If I didn’t have a smile,

would the world become more vile?

If I didn’t have a heart,

how could love I impart?

If I didn’t have my skin,

what would keep the ickies in?

If I didn’t have some eyes

could I envision my demise?

If I didn’t have my throat,

down what would the booze float?

If I didn’t have this thread.

then it’s time to meet Great Fred.

This doggerel brought to you by the letters S and G, and the number 42.