OFFICIAL PATCH REQUESTS AND BUG THREAD V1.01

Has anyone had a bug where tanks were "bailing out" for multiple turns, or stuck forever in that mode? I am playing desobry operation now and I have a PZ IV that has been bailing out for 1 1/2 turns. Will continue to monitor this. Also had this behavior for Knife fight at Cucina. I apologize if someone has already mentioned this I tried to go through all the threads but there are a lot of them....

Sorry for the post my guy did finally bail out 2 minutes later. They were permanently in bailout for Cucina (many turns) but this was with the 1.0 version.

[ April 25, 2004, 01:08 PM: Message edited by: Carl Puppchen ]

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If memory serves, I believe bailout time for tank crews is linked to fog-of-war and observer experience. At extreme FOW a veteran enemy may know immediately when a tanks been abandoned or conscripts could remain unsure about the tanks' status for quite awhile (rarely making it to 1 1/2 turns, I'll admit). So the time it take for your guys to bail out is entirely a function of the enemy's ability to tell if the tank's been killed or not.

At least that's what I recall from ancient 'death clock' postings.

Okay, further experiments show that a tank really has no more statistical likelihood of bogging or immobilizing when traveling across or along a trench. It would appear there is no additional check for immobilization OR there is no greater chance of immobilizing in these situations. It would seem logical to me that the game should check when a tank crosses a trench, and perform multiple checks when a tank travels along a trench for any distance. The chance of immobilization should be much higher than for a tank traveling through the same ground without a trench obstacle, and should be modified by such factors as the tank's size, weight, ground pressure, length, width, and speed.

Thoughts?

Steve

Don't know whether this is patchable or requires drastic recoding, but in preparing AARs it has become glaringly apparent that there's no easy way to hop from viewing a turn to getting back to the PBEM folder. Unless I'm somehow missing a trick, to do so requires Command Q (quit the program), which means that viewing part of any other battle necessitates restarting the game, to include the several minutes for the game graphics to load. This is both inefficient and annoying. I believe we ought to be able to toggle out of a given movie and go directly to the PBEM folder--without having to first exit the game. What do the rest of you think?

Regards,

John Kettler

Jons,

I did. After viewing a movie, I hit that combination. Other than that the screen moved forward in small increments, nothing happened. This was for a turn in which you first have to watch the movie, then issue orders.

flamingknives,

I did. Nothing happened.

I wonder whether any of this may be tied to fact that I'm running on a Mac under OS 9.2? Do certain of the game controls work differently on a PC?

Just so we're clear, though, I want to be able to watch a movie for one battle, then, without having to completely quit the game, I want to be able to

jump back to the open PBEM folder and select a new turn to view, in that battle or any other battle there.

Regards,

John Kettler

FK - that's fine, but he doesn't want to switch between programmes.

John - yes, the alt+a is for a PC. Basically it quits the current game (or PBEM file) and allows you to start (or pick) another. I don't know what the combo is for the Mac, but I assume there is one. Try the manual or the hotkeys page in-game.

Regards

Jon

• 4 weeks later...
Originally posted by Herr Kruger:

I assume this is a bug. SPW 251/1 can carry two guns simultaneously. I tried it with a 75mm Infantry Gun and a 28mm Heavy Antitank Rifle. Bug or not?

- J Kruger -

Whoa --- never seen this one before!

Happens with the SdKfz 7 and Truck as well. (Can't do it with the Kubelwagen or 250/1 though).

Seems it's only those vehicles that can carry a full squad --- or a gun and a team. Perhaps it's a function of the squeeze-gun being considered an anti-tank rifle team?

CM: Afrika Korps has been licensed by the Australian Government, Department of Defence to aid Officers in historical education!

Besides a number of changes to mainly the Australian Order of Battles (ORBAT), Greece will be added as a playable theater. Projected delivery of the final milestone for this special Australian DoD version is June.

The Australian DoD version will not be available commercially.

So I guess that means while we were beating our gums foolishly discussing the patch, they were busy working on adding in the Greek theatre for a version which none of us will get a chance to even see.

Or am I being unduly cynical?

• 3 weeks later...

You have to understand the two different cover concepts of cover in CM:

1) cover by terrain a unit is in

2) cover by terrain features in the life of fire, such as walls and sandbags, that a unit is behind

Number 2) is not recognized at all by the TacAI when it searches for cover. Another reason that always leads me to preach that the top half of all TacAI movements ordered should just be dropped, they make things worse realism-wise. Let broken troops run, leave the rest alone.

[ June 11, 2004, 02:57 AM: Message edited by: redwolf ]

• 1 month later...