Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

The Peng Challenge Remembers Jim Boggs

Lars

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lads, Ladies, and all:

I have but just returned from Rome, where I was flown on a private jet for a meeting with the Conclave before they convene on Monday. There was some concerns about my candidacy given that I am not, currently, a Cardinal of the Church. This difficulty was overcome in a secret session on Wednesday, when I was elevated to the post in order to clear the way for my almost inevitable elevation to the Papacy.

I also met with many Church leaders in order to garner their support for suppressing the false and heretical bid for the Papacy by the loathsome toad, Dalem.

Now, on to the important stuff.

Jim Boggs was a good man, a great man, and a damn fine 'Pooler. I first met Boggs on the Outerboard, and my first impression was 'damn, I think I'll invite this sucker over to the Peng Challenge Thread. You remember that, Joe, don't you? You remember shrieking like a fishwife about 'Seanachai's recruiting again!'?

Well, I was right. Boggs came over to the Cesspool, and he was a fine addition. He was humourous, but not vulgar. He was a gentle soul, and I remember him remonstrating with me on the GF when I...um...sometimes got a bit above myself. He was well-spoken, and many a time on the General Forum, when things became too heated, he was there with a joke and a good word for all.

He has been missed, and we will continue to miss him. But at least we got the chance to know him, even if it was simply by way of this silly Forum.

As I was being driven in a limo from the Rome airport to the Vatican, I was reminiscing about him with several Cardinals. A number of them asked me for the URL to the Forum so they could check out the words of 'Signor Boggs' for themselves.

I will be adding his name to the candidates for Sainthood upon my Assumption.

I will miss him.

A jolly singsong to his memory:

I had a friend, a friend I could trust

He went into the park and got busted

Doing the ring-a-round-a-rosy rag

Went in the park late at night

And he put a lot of people over eighty up tight

He was doing the ring-a-round-a-rosy rag

Ring around, ring around rose

Touch your nose and blow your toes and mind

Doing the ring-around-a-rosy rag

(It really was a drag)

Ring around, ring-around-a-rose

Touch your nose and blow your toes and mind

Doing the ring-around-a-rosy rag

We ought to send Officer Joe Strange

To some Australian mountain range

So we all can do the ring-around-a-rosy rag

Would you like to put Philidelphia up tight

One mass ring-around-a-rosy

In the middle of the night?

We all should do the ring-around-a-rosy rag

Ring-around-a-rosy Rag

-Arlo Guthrie

Originally posted by Seanachai:

I do not, in fact, remember making Papa Khann a Seniour Knight. On the other hand, I do not remember not making him a Seniour Knight, so he should be regarded as now being a Seniour Knight.

Frankly I'd be shocked if you remember anything other than the fact that sleeping with pharmacists for acid for parachutes leads to running around dressed like French underground agents.

Originally posted by dalem:

Frankly I'd be shocked if you remember anything other than the fact that sleeping with pharmacists for acid for parachutes leads to running around dressed like French underground agents.

Dear God, I'd tried to suppress the memories of that movie.

Was there a point? Did anybody win? And where are my shoes?

The youngest Pope was 11 years old.

Starfish don't have brains.

"Studies show that if a cat falls off the seventh floor of a building it has about thirty percent less chance of surviving than a cat that falls off the twentieth floor. It supposedly takes about eight floors for the cat to realise what is occuring, relax and correct itself. At about that height it hits maximum speed and when it hits the ground it's rib cage absorbs most of the impact. So throw your cat off a building today!"

Spiral staircases in medieval castles are running clockwise. This is because all knights used to be right-handed. When the intruding army would climb the stairs they would not be able to use their right hand which was holding the sword because of the difficulties in climbing the stairs. Left-handed knights would have had no troubles except left-handed people could never become knights because it was assumed that they were descendants of the devil.

I do not, in fact, remember making Papa Khann a Seniour Knight. On the other hand, I do not remember not making him a Seniour Knight, so he should be regarded as now being a Seniour Knight.

What'd he do? Cloud your mind? (Not that it would take much)

Odd, I don't think he qualifies Seanachai... I don't recall him ever posting in the first 20 pages of the original thread

Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

Odd, I don't think he qualifies Seanachai... I don't recall him ever posting in the first 20 pages of the original thread </font>

Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

Odd, I don't think he qualifies Seanachai... I don't recall him ever posting in the first 20 pages of the original thread </font>

Sure, sure. I got it covered.

*evil smirk*

Don't you worry your balding pate over anything, Joe, dear.

I'll take gooood care of the place...very good care, yes.

heheh

By the way...I *do* stand for the Cesspool figuratively, but I prefer to do it while lounging by the regular pool with a cabana boy bringing me MaiTais.

Originally posted by **YK2**:

Starfish don't have brains.

They'd be right at home in this thread then.

"Studies show that if a cat falls off the seventh floor of a building it has about thirty percent less chance of surviving than a cat that falls off the twentieth floor."
I am impressed with the thoroughness of our scientists.

Michael