The Peng Challenge Remembers Jim Boggs

Lars

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried to add a Newsletter to the website yesterday, but not sure what happened to it.

Makes me even more sad seeing that Jim's last couple of posts were just trying to make sure Joe didn't forsake me on his website. I hadn't even been to the 'Pool that day to notice Joe's announcement, and already Jim was here looking out for someone else...

*sigh*

This is the second "online" friend I've lost this year. Think I'm gonna go outside for a while...

As drooled by Joe "I'm getting better" Shaw in the last incarnation of the MBT: "Luckily we ALWAYS have Boo Radley to remind us that retrograde evolution is a scientific fact."

You are of course referring to the series of articles I've penned for Scientific 'Merican; entitled: "Justicariot of the Peng Challenge Thread; Unintelligent Design Made Manifest?"

I must say, the series is rivetting. I did catch some flack over the artist's renditions of you and Emrys surviving the Chixalub Meteor Impact, but we have no proof that you DIDN'T survive it... I mean, you're evidently HERE (more's the pity), and I hate to leave gaps in the record, filling them in with something akin to ;"Here there be monsters", except in this case I would have to say, "Here there be idiots".

Know what I mean, Sparky?

LMAO@Lars... yeah...

I had dial up at the time and was sitting here watching that pic D/L ever so slowly thinking to myself.

Hmmm looks like some kind of "squishy fruit! a peach maybe ...

Hell it was soooooooo funny, Poor Iskander... I miss him posting, but great to see him playing the fief..

*Twitch*

I've never laid claim to being a website expert, I find that being a SUPERB Justicar takes my every waking moment and I haven't the time to fritter away on such trivial, geekish pursuits as web design.

I did, it appears, use my photo both for my personal profile AND for the home page and what of it if I did? The important thing is that Jim Boggs was remembered properly (a tip of the hat to Lady Moraine Sedai for suggesting it) and from there ... well the important thing is that he was memorialized properly, damnit.

I note with interest that his last post was one to ME and that in it he stated the obvious, that I was RIGHT!

Joe

p.s. Lady Sedai I shall go to the site and see what I can do about the newsletter article.

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

I've never laid claim to being a website expert, I find that being a SUPERB Justicar takes my every waking moment and I haven't the time to fritter away on such trivial, geekish pursuits as web design.

I did, it appears, use my photo both for my personal profile AND for the home page and what of it if I did? The important thing is that Jim Boggs was remembered properly (a tip of the hat to Lady Moraine Sedai for suggesting it) and from there ... well the important thing is that he was memorialized propertly, damnit.

I note with interest that his last post was one to ME and that in it he stated the obvious, that I was RIGHT!

Joe

p.s. Lady Sedai I shall go to the site and see what I can do about the newsletter article.

I think, that at that point in his struggle with cancer the effects of chemotherapy may have made him delirious.

I was by no means criticising your web skills Joe I just felt it looked a bit spooky seeing Jims memorial posted on that thread dated before his death.. I expect his family are still grieving, but who knows.. maybe sometime in the future they will stumble across that.. Just a thought...

Originally posted by **YK2**:

I was by no means criticising your web skills Joe I just felt it looked a bit spooky seeing Jims memorial posted on that thread dated before his death.. I expect his family are still grieving, but who knows.. maybe sometime in the future they will stumble across that.. Just a thought...

Oh you're talking about the memorial candle photos. The photo I linked to, and the one that was repeatedly shown in replys, was of ME. That's the one that I used for both my profile and the home page. When I added the memorial photo I apparently deleted my own and substituted the candle pic. The BFC page went to the linked photo.

Lady Moraine Sedai, your article has been posted to the Newsletter on the site, well done.

Joe

I didn't like Boggs initially but he did make me think. I'll take challenge over slapstick any day. I dismissed him at first as a mere forum jester, but he proved himself to be more than that and certainly gained my respect. His posts outside the Challenge and PF were rare in the last months so I don't recall interacting all that terribly much with him; our last exchanges seem to me to have exceeded mere civility - his probably more than mine. I guess he saw his own mortality more clearly than the rest of us have reason to.

The only good thing to come out of this tragedy is the possibility that two more Pengers will be going to join him soon, these things happening in threes and all. I sincerely hope for your demise to be quick and merciful. Given his three month posting sabbatical, I fear that his may not have been.

Of course, it now being April, you buggers may have just squeaked outside the three month statute of limitations afforded by The Reaper.

Keep taking the heart medicine Emrys, one of these ordeals in a calendar year is more than enough. :mad:

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

I dismissed him at first as a mere forum jester, but he proved himself to be more than that and certainly gained my respect.

Hmmph. As usual, you prove yourself to have been thick as a brick. Very early on he showed himself to be a man of shrewd judgement and quick intelligence by apprenticing himself to me. I was still proud of him on those few occasions when he turned his wit on me, his former mentor, since it was always clear that he was a gentleman acting without the petty vitriol that some members stoop to. I won't mention names here, but have faith that a day of reckoning is not far off.

Michael

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

I dismissed him at first as a mere forum jester, but he proved himself to be more than that and certainly gained my respect.

Hmmph. As usual, you prove yourself to have been thick as a brick. Very early on he showed himself to be a man of shrewd judgement and quick intelligence by apprenticing himself to me. </font>

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Sir 37mm:

*A slightly manic voice echoes out of the cave*

Will someone please tighten the garrot on that one? It seems to be getting air still.

Michael </font>

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Hmmph. As usual, you prove yourself to have been thick as a brick. Very early on he showed himself to be a man of shrewd judgement and quick intelligence by apprenticing himself to me. </font>

Originally posted by MrSpkr:

Joe, in all seriousness, thanks for putting an outdated location and email address as my contacts on your website.

Makes it harder for you lot to track me down, and that's just hte way I like it.

Is CMX2 out yet?

Steve

Well ... we can't have THAT, how would the would be "accident victims" here know how to find you, eh? Send it forthwith Sir, or know the wrath of the Justicariate.

And I, in all seriousness, want YOU to know that I had the chance to take Dallas / Ft. Worth as the Region I'd be aligned with for various things. Despite my nearly forty years of devotion to the Dallas Cowboys I dismissed it without a thought ... oh say, YOU live in Dallas, pity ... wish I'd thought of that, we could have met, don't know why I didn't think of that, hmmmm.

Joe

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Lady Moraine Sedai, your article has been posted to the Newsletter on the site, well done.

Joe

Thanks, Joe. Your dedication is wonderful, really. I just felt the need to write something. *shrugs* Wasn't sure how it sounded, but if it sounded okay to you, then I guess it'll do.

Originally posted by MrSpkr:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Sir 37mm:

*A slightly manic voice echoes out of the cave*

Will someone please tighten the garrot on that one? It seems to be getting air still.

Michael </font>

Originally posted by Moraine Sedai:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Joe

Thanks, Joe. Your dedication is wonderful, really. I just felt the need to write something. *shrugs* Wasn't sure how it sounded, but if it sounded okay to you, then I guess it'll do. </font>