ROW V

Originally posted by Treeburst155:

Combined Arms,

I have changed my mind about using halfsquads due to support from the highest levels regarding my initial position on the tactic (gamey). Treeburst155 out.

What is wrong with using halfsquads? I've been gone for a long time and didn't know about the issue of using halfsquads.

JohnO

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Kingfish:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by the_enigma:

so when it all gets underway, will all info, questions etc be posted in this forum or another one?

Good Question.

The tourney goes into full lockdown mode the moment the first files go out. I will announce it here as a reminder. What this means is that no one will be allowed to discuss anything about the scenarios or game results with anyone else, even those outside of the tournament.

Keep this one thought in mind at all times - if you leak info, even accidently, it may give another player an advantage which they normally wouldn't have, and it may end up costing you a chance at the finals because they ended up scoring higher.

If you have a specific question you can e-mail me directly. I monitor my e-mail from work, so I can get you an answer usually within a couple of hours. </font>

I have changed my mind about using halfsquads due to support from the highest levels regarding my initial position on the tactic (gamey). See my sig. I MAY however fight fire with fire, should I run into the tactic in the finals. :D If I get as far as the finals, my will to win may overcome my dislike for gamey play. That is, if I am up against that sort of thing. I will never be the first to use questionable tactics in a game.

Isn't it RoW tourney policy that you can do whatever the heck the engine allows?

I am not aware of any avoidable CMBB/CMAK gameyness that would actually turn the game (I rate the split squads issue as not game-turning).

Originally posted by JohnO:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Treeburst155:

Combined Arms,

I have changed my mind about using halfsquads due to support from the highest levels regarding my initial position on the tactic (gamey). Treeburst155 out.

What is wrong with using halfsquads? I've been gone for a long time and didn't know about the issue of using halfsquads.

JohnO </font>

Originally posted by JohnO:

Squad-splitting, even large-scale one, offers more benefit than harm because the morale hit is not big enough.

I don't think the improvement is worth breaking into sweat, though smile.gif

Say you were part of a 12-man squad, and were ordered to defend a small hill. Suddenly you were attacked by a thousand Transvestite Flamenco dancers armed with hand grenades hidden underneath their skirts. You would feel relatively secure knowing those 11 other men were there to help you defend that hill, right?

Ok, now think of the same situation, but with only 6 men there to help you.

Originally posted by Kingfish:

Say you were part of a 12-man squad, and were ordered to defend a small hill. Suddenly you were attacked by a thousand Transvestite Flamenco dancers armed with hand grenades hidden underneath their skirts. You would feel relatively secure knowing those 11 other men were there to help you defend that hill, right?

Ok, now think of the same situation, but with only 6 men there to help you.

in that situation, i dont think any of the squad would be on that hill ... they'd all being running the other way tongue.gif

ok so why would/is there morale hit if they spilt up but close enough to give fire support to one another?

Originally posted by Redwolf:

Isn't it RoW tourney policy that you can do whatever the heck the engine allows?

I would think that, in a tournament setting, players should expect anything the engine allows. I will let my opponents decide just how far we twist the game engine by observing their play. If they play straight, I will play straight. If they put a corkscrew to the game engine, I will do likewise.....maybe....if I need to.

Treeburst155 out.

It's good that people know where you stand before a competition begins. This prevents lots of misunderstandings and general hard feelings later on when the intensity of competition is at its peak. I'm not saying I'll play straight. I'm just saying I'll play at least as straight as my opponents choose to play.

Treeburst155 out.

Malakovkski, Redwolf, a1steaks, etc.,

Am frankly touched by the level of support I'm receiving here. It would mean a great deal to me to be able to play in ROW V, would be a marvelous therapy for and distraction from my end of February move stress (house torn apart, freaked relatives leaning on me from afar; may wind up house sitting for a time), and would definitely make my insomnia more bearable.

I live in Carson, California 90745(basically, junction of 405 and 110 freeways) and would welcome the loan for the duration of a CMBB/CMAK capable Mac rig mit separate or integral display (have Mac versions only of both games). Naturally, I'd take great care of the equipment provided (Beatty at Jutland grade understatement!). Please E-mail me privately or call me (Edward W. Kettler, Jr. listing in Carson will find me--even midnight my time's fine) so we can resolve the details and get this ball rolling.

Yours in deep gratitude,

John Kettler

OK, well look: I haven't read the half-squad thread over in the CMBB forum and probably am not gonna.

I led US Infantry squads in the 80's (Mech and Leg). I maneuvered the squad by fire teams in the assault and whenever bounding overwatch was called for, and that's what I'm going to do in the tourney if the situation calls for it.

Gamey, not gamey; you have all been warned. :D

Let's get Kettler a system and get this thing underway!

Mr. Kingfish,

For the good of the tournament, I think I should be sectioned with Walpurgis Nacht. I had a list of reasons why this would be beneficial to the tourney; but, I lost it. So, just take my word for it and put me in Walpurgis Nacht's section. Please. Thank you.

Note: This is not a request for special treatment. I realize you can't do this type of thing for everyone. So, consider it a request for special MIS-treatment, something nobody else wants. :D

Treeburst155 out.

Mr. Kingfish,

For the good of the tournament, I think I should be sectioned with Walpurgis Nacht. I had a list of reasons why this would be beneficial to the tourney; but, I lost it. So, just take my word for it and put me in Walpurgis Nacht's section. Please. Thank you.

Note: This is not a request for special treatment. I realize you can't do this type of thing for everyone. So, consider it a request for special MIS-treatment, something nobody else wants. :D

Fishy,

Can't deny the last wish of a man on death row ...

Sincerely,

Charl

logo.gif

-----------------------------------------------------

Co-creator & Sponsor of the following CM tournaments:

</font>

------------

Pressure makes diamonds - General George Patton Jr.