CMAK armor

Recently, in FAQ, someone asked if CMBO was going to be upgraded. You answered no, but that CMAK had all that was necessary to remake CMBO battles minus the bocades. I just received my copy of CMAK and though it is excellent, I notice that there are no King Tigers, Jadtigers, Pershing tanks, etc. I realize that these may not have been present in Italy. But a lot of CMBO battles, therefore, cannot be edited for CMAK. Am I wrong?

"some" CMBO battles can't be updated if you insist upon using the vehicles that are not in CMAK.

so here's the challenge - what battles can you update with CMAK that do NOT use super-rare-super tanks??

Mike: Just some of the good ones that are NOT capable of being reworked for CMAK: Clash of the Titans, The King's Charge, August Bank Holiday, The Last Battle, The Battle of the Bulge, and Beast At Bay, and plenty more. Maybe Pershings were, but King Tigers were not that rare in the add-on battles for CMBO. I wish Battlefront had included them, after all, they can't be as rare as the Stummorser Tiger in CMBB.

There is so much more to explore and enjoy here, and some of you guys are worrying about re-creating cmbo battles,this is not cmbo,in alot of ways this cmak game is so much more diverse than cmbo,enjoy it.No Pershings or King Tigers,I guess you'll just have to learn tactics on how to kill armor without them.You really dont have a choice , do you?

Originally posted by mcsquared:

Mike: Just some of the good ones that are NOT capable of being reworked for CMAK: Clash of the Titans, The King's Charge, August Bank Holiday, The Last Battle, The Battle of the Bulge, and Beast At Bay, and plenty more. Maybe Pershings were, but King Tigers were not that rare in the add-on battles for CMBO. I wish Battlefront had included them, after all, they can't be as rare as the Stummorser Tiger in CMBB.

A couple or 3 hundred Tiger 2's were made I believe, maybe 500 - and you've listed half a dozen battles that include one or soemthgin similar.

Here's an idea - there were lots of battles in the Battle of the Bulge that did NOT involve King Tigers, IIRC "Clash of the Titans" is fantasy anyway, so that leaves 4 that you can name off hand.

Given that htere are HUNDREDS of battles for CMBO I feel pretty confident you'll find yourself some that don't require the mega-panzers.

Or indeed you could modify those that do have them to be a little different ......

they ain't in CMAK - learn to live with it!!

This is not about learning new tactics or enjoying the better effects, etc. of CMAK. It's about having the capability to take some older interesting, challenging scenarios, and play them with all the improvements CMAK has to offer.

How much effort would it have taken to include ALL the German armor from CMBB and ALL the Allied armor from CMBO? After all the CMBB and CMAK use the same game engine.

No Cromwells at all. Particular pitty about the Cromwells, they were a nice change from the eternal Sherman wich now dominates Allied play in Italy. And now the only 95mm goodness comes in the form of a Churchill, wich lacks the speed to properly spring a surprise upon Panthers.

But who wants to play with late war Cromwells when you can romp around the desert sands in A13s and Crusaders? ;)

cd's are cheap. use 2 or 3 if u have to. dvd's will be next. read only drives are cheap in the u.s.

why not make a pay for download available? like an add on. $10-20 for all the stuff some people want. others can buy later as funds allow if they have to have it. lack of time is the only excuse for not including things that already exist.

JMHO

According to the unit list for Italy... compared to CMBO

CW. No Cromwells :( , Comets or Challengers. Get lots of Churchill flavours

But oodles of AC's, including 6pdr and 75mm versions. Shame no Puma's to show who really has Uber AC...

US. No Pershing/ Jackson/ Jumbo. But get the M16MGMC "meat chopper"

Germans: Don't get Jagdtiger/ King Tiger/ Puma. DO get Elefant, Nashorn, Brummbar, PzIII's, and lots of Stug versions.

I can see US forces "borrowing" Fireflys extensively in Italy!

Well according to BFC they didn't want to put vehicles in to CMAK that weren't used in NA/Italy because they might stand accused of producing a game that was not entirely historically accurate.

I can understand some people wanting to recreate those good old CMBO battles but, speaking as somebody who has been playing the full version for a few days, CMAK has lots to offer on it's own merits. I'm having so much fun in NA and Italy that I'm not really bothered about old CMBO battles.

Well, as far as I am concerned I would love to see all this left out CM:BO stuff included in a bonus patch which makes the units available in CM:AK to scenario editor use only. That way BFC won´t get possible complains about ahistorical troop composition in QBs.

I especially miss the Cromwells for doing NWE-stuff.

We will see if BFC may have mercy.

cheers

Helge

Well, as far as I am concerned I would love to see all this left out CM:BO stuff included in a bonus patch which makes the units available in CM:AK to scenario editor use only. That way BFC won´t get possible complains about ahistorical troop composition in QBs.
I've got to admit that I really like the idea of a patch that we could pay for and d/l to expand CMAK into CMBO territory but from BFCs perspective that would just mean spending yet more time working on old CM instead of the new game engine, and from what I understand they're pretty keen to get on with the new game.

Maybe if we just sit patiently playing CMAK for a couple of years we get some sparkling new Cromwells in CMX2 ;)

CD are by far not cheap, in particular not for a game whihc is half price to start from.

But I really hope that BFC can give some vehicles in a patch, that wouldn't make them "lose face" because the bozo reviewers who don't read explanations install no patches anyway.

My list of dears missed:

- King Tiger for some Budapest or Bulge recreation.

- Cromwell, mostly for gameplay variance reasons, there's just a Sherman overload here but also for tactics, the faster but thinner Cromwell plays differently, in particular with the low-velocity 95mm

- 234/2 and 234/4 - fast armored cars with serious AT guns are a significant part of agressive German recon, which makes for interesting battles

I would rather have liked to see the M8 HMC go, if there's ever an abused vehicle it is this one.

sPzAbt 504 spent the rest of the war in Italy. The battalion was rebuilt with a full three company organization, wit additional personnel from PzAbt. 18. The unit trained in Germany, and when returned to Italy, it was assigned to support 17th SS PzGren. Div. Goetz Von Berlichingen. Its first action in Italy was in support of the 362nd Inf. Div. in the containment of the Allied advance up the Italian coast following the Anzio landing. sPzAbt 504 saw a great deal of action in the Italian campaign, including the Arno river campaign and the defense of northern Italy. In 1944, in the Vienna area, sPzAbt 504 was partly re-equipped with Tiger II Ausf Bs. The battalion surrendered at the end of the war, along with other German units in Italy.

I just did a little test of 'tall hedges' and they will stop a tank just like bocage in CMBO. No Culin hedgerow cutters to work with on our Shermans, though.

Minor bummer. BFC was too clever in designing their tall hedges to look more hedge-like. I'm not sure they'll be moddable into tall walls or wire fencing, like I had hoped to do.

From Jentz Panzertruppen 2,

Pg 143 Organization and Strenght of Panzer Units sent as Reinforcements to Italy.

sPz.Abt.504, June 1944, had a whopping 45 Panzer VI, and no King Tigers.

Pg 147, The 3.Kompanie received four of the latest pattern Tigers during May 1944. [Tiger VI Late in game terms] and was 2 tanks over the authorized limit of 14.

Pg 149, S.Pz.Abt 504 aalready under orders to go to the Eastern Front had its orders rescinded and was shipped to Italy in June 1944. Note, it was with the Tiger Is mentioned above.

There is no record of them getting Tiger IIs.

Rune