CMAK armor

The only units that got the Tiger II were:

Pz.Kp.(FKL) 316

sPzAbt. 501

sPzAbt. 503 (later sPzAbt. Feldherrnhalle)

sPzAbt. 505

sPzAbt. 506

sPzAbt. 507

sPzAbt. 509

3. Kp/ sPzAbt. 510

3. Kp/ sPzAbt. 511 (old sPzAbt. 502)

s.SS.Pz.Abt. 501

s.SS.Pz.Abt. 502

s.SS.Pz.Abt. 503

Some small units raised in training centers (the best known one was Pz.Abt. 500 raised in Padernborn).

VERY FEW Tiger IIs were sent as replacements and the only units which got them were the following ones:

sPzAbt. FHH

sSSPzAbt. 501

sPzAbt. 506

Source: Jentz, T, Doyle, H. et al., "Kingtiger", Osprey ("New Vanguard" collection)

In short, it seems no Tiger unit in Italy (they were sPzAbt 504 and 508 and a "Meyer" Tiger company IIRC) ever got any King Tiger.

[ December 05, 2003, 12:02 PM: Message edited by: Fernando ]

I wrote Battlefront about this subject and here's their response: "Even with patches, there are no plans to add any new vehicles to CMAK. The ability to recreate some CMBO battles in CMAK is not something we specifically coded the game to do, but we knew that people could and would do this so we also did nothing to prevent it either. Think of it as a free bonus, but not something we are going to add on to.

I also do not see anywhere in the official CMAK FAQ that we promised that we would include all the same vehicles. It was never intended to do so, and in fact, as the size of the CD shows, we couldn't have added anything extra even if we wanted to.

There will be no add-on either, as to do so would take time and effort which we do not have. Our next planed CM product will be CMX2 and that alone is going to take at least a year if not more to work on."

Originally posted by mcsquared:

I wrote Battlefront about this subject and here's their response: Our next planed CM product will be CMX2 and that alone is going to take at least a year if not more to work on."

So, we have a firm date now on when CMX2 is going to be released then. Doesn't the above quote promise by December 2004?

;)

Regards

Jim R.

I'll borrow some time on this thread since ground has been plowed open already....

My goal: I'm no modder but will fumble and bumble my way to turn CMAK into the best upgraded CMBO that I can. I'm calling it "CMBO-2".

Why?: Sure, I love CMAK and what it has, just trying to get myself a more editable CMBO long campaign to do North West Europe combat. QB editor of my "CMBO-2" will allow me to adjust ammo levels, casualties, etc. I'm doing a "ROQC" kind of thing...

OK, I understand the playing field.

Vehicles: What we have in CMAK is what he have.

OK, no problem. I'll deal with it.

Uniforms: Messing with this already and asking some uniform modders for advice. Getting rid of GE tan helmets, tan pants, tan shirt collars and bringing in field gray pants, etc. Just grabbing existing files from CMBB/CMBO. Low tech solutions.

Buildings: experimented with swapping BMP file numbers to use CMBO/CMBB buildings to get NWE flavor in and Italian flavor out. So so results.

Looked OK for small buildings, some mismatch with roof angles for big buildings. Floor types are goofy but I can live with that. Of course no damaged versions for old CMBO bldg BMP's.

Far horizon for clear sky: Not a problem for my foggy Bulge scenarios for "CMBO-2" but gotta swap files to get decent Mortain scenarios.

Oh, by the way, I did the experiment to look at the small buildings and shoved in a Kampfgruppe Peiper kind of scenario and the "Stummel" GE half-track had a US 30 cal MG for the graphics down in the unit info box, *not* with the actual vehicle on the battlefield. Bug?

Maybe nobody cares but I'll keep folks posted on my CMBO-2 project/experiment anyway. My appetite is wetted seeing CMAK improvements help me play a better and more enjoyable CMBO.

[ December 14, 2003, 09:15 PM: Message edited by: NavyDiver ]