The Panther gun's incredible ability to penetrate armor

JonS, not that I'm trying to validate Nazi saucers and the like, but you really should just ask Kettler out and be done with all of this posturing.

I'm having trouble with the physics(heh) of that grenade ritual. A soldier had to pull the bead at the base of the stick, place the grenade(which would be top-heavy because of the wider, encased charge) on top of his rounded helmet and quickly sweep his hands down to his sides to get them "clear" of the blast area. All of this would have to be done in about 3 seconds. Maybe if the soldier placed the base of the grenade on his helmet with the grenade at a slight tilt...but then he wouldn't be able to see what he was doing, and it might be difficult to apply the proper amount of force to charge the grenade and keep it in position atop the helmet, depending on how hard one had to pull that bead. Bah.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a video compilation (mit throbbing Rammstein track) showing, inter alia, some of the German saucer designs as renderings and others as what look like wartime photos. The aforementioned Belluzzo-Miethe-Schriever disk is the one shown hovering over the runway early in the video. Found this, believe it or not, while trying to find the Manner gegen Panzer vids.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7f6ZBxeb8Wk&mode=related&search=

The Farrell books are based on a wealth of material from U.S., British, and former East German archives declassified from as high as Top Secret as recently as the 1990s and was thus unavailable when the standard accounts were written. Much is still on security hold, though. The U-977 book, with its Death Beam

mention, was first published in paperback in the 1960s.

Regards,

John Kettler

Originally posted by John Kettler:

Only slightly less crazy than takio binta, a harrowing toughness building "game" played by Japanese aviation cadets using hobnailed boots as boxing gloves for blows to the face of an opponent at rigid attention. Blows were exchanged from alternating facing ranks until the DI called a halt. See Saburo Sakai, SAMURAI.

When i was younger and use to play OFP and visit the ofp forums alot there was a story going round that during the cold war at some training camp in the USSR, that they had a trench which was spike lined.

The trench got wider as it ran down the field and the troops use to leg it and jump of it ... :eek:

Anyhoo on the subject of all the UFOs, what about the "Foo Fighter" or the Battle of LA?

[ May 24, 2007, 10:56 AM: Message edited by: the_enigma ]

Originally posted by the_enigma:

Jason has no free time since its taken up researching his long posts :D

Originally posted by JasonC:

Spare time ha ha ha. You are funny...

At least after six years he's finished researching laughing at self ! :D

Poor old Mr Kettler......no there's no punch line.

Despite the 75mm armed flying saucers, not sure if it's fun to watch a good natured, articulate if misguided long time community member being tarred and feathered.

the_enigma,

You can read all about that diabolical diverging trench in Suvorov's SPETSNAZ, a fascinating look at a most peculiar Russian military subculture. Some of the training exercises are positively hair raising, too. As for the Eytie UFO, I wish I knew.

I speak fluent Rendlesham (have a copy of Colonel Halt's tape) but don't grok Hopeh.

Cabe Booth,

A true CM classic post!

thewood,

Oho! A conoisseur of CM prose!

Broompatrol,

Between postings here! Just played two PBEM movies (CMBB and CMAK), issued orders, then sent out the turns.

Londoner,

As the recipient of the aforementioned abuse, I can assure you it isn't fun. Would ask you to withhold judgment on the German saucer issue until you've looked at the astounding information now available, much readily so and free on the Internet. Try phrases such as Nazi UFOs, German flying saucers and the like.

JasonC,

Given the length and intellectual depth of your posts, it's just as well you type fast. You must,

since otherwise you'd still be typing the first exegesis. Still think you should write a book!

the_enigma,

Nice to be appreciated!

Regards,

John Kettler

Remember JK is always trying to flog a pig-in-a-poke to whoever will buy into his latest rehashed 'research'.

Atlantis Rising = $14.95

Norwegian based Nazi Atomic bombers, spectroscopic 'proof' of 9/11 thermite, Nazi atomic rocket silos in Cherbourg , shapeshifting reptoid aliens/Gaiean volcanoes are interfering with his home computer to name but a few of his favourites worries which keep him entertained since laid off as his military marketing job description was made redundant.

Multlple GF threads are there to see JK's delusions repeatedly beaten to eventual submission by mere "fools" who have the audacity to counter JK with evidence based research.

Wicky, Wicky, Wicky,

Are you feeling unappreciated and ignored? Is that why yet again you're going after me when I have done nothing to you? You have repeatedly asserted that I make additional money when people buy my articles in the magazine, undeterred by the fact that I have no profit participation in the magazine whatsoever and merely freelance for it. I get so much an article, and that's it. Your understanding of my former aerospace job is laughable. Besides, I quit and wasn't laid off.

Have I made mistakes? Yes, I have, and I have even arranged to print corrections to such mistakes, unlike those of you who seem convinced that you are beyond even papal infallibility in your ongoing, perpetual correctness. You and you alone know exactly what's real and true. Yeah, right. You utterly ignore anything contrary to your model of reality and are prone to argumentum ad hominem at the drop of a hat. As for the latest AR mention, I brought it up not to promote myself, but because there was an important article that someone else wrote, based on recently obtained documentation. In your desperate effort to demean and discredit me, though, you seek to use that mention as further evidence, IYO, of my self-promotion. Odd, considering I didn't even mention what I wrote! Please find a new hobby. If you wish to put someone under a microscope, reveal all the supposed flaws, then rip the person to shreds, then charity begins at home. Flog and dissect yourself! I'm tired of your abuse!

Regards,

John Kettler

Befor WW2, The Portugese military was investing a great deal in the military application of obese nuns as an offensive weapon.

As war itself became inevitable, they switched over to a program of breeding super agressive pixies. After everal tragic incidents of pixies escaping containment and killing their handlers, It was decided to suspend the program.

Later they joined a pan allied project to drop vast ammounts of beer behind enemy lines, and just point the Canadians at the beer. This has been found to be the best way to win a war, as nothing is stupid enough to stand between a Canadian and beer.

"Later they joined a pan allied project to drop vast ammounts of beer behind enemy lines, and just point the Canadians at the beer. This has been found to be the best way to win a war, as nothing is stupid enough to stand between a Canadian and beer."

Are you certain? Wouldn't the Germans be drawn towards the beer and set up strong positions there? Why didn't Ireland declare war on everyone and go after the beer themselves too? It seems I am confused...

Wouldn't the Germans be drawn towards the beer and set up strong positions there? Why didn't Ireland declare war on everyone and go after the beer themselves too? It seems I am confused...
I think I can help out here. The beer they dropped behind German lines was that bland infusion known as 'labatts' that is and can only be drunk by Canadians. It is not pure enough for Germans since it contains all sorts of chemical nasties that only Canadians have built up resistance to. Indeed the mere act of dropping them caused untold damage to German heavy industry in the Ruhr area as vast tracts of land became usable only by beer-swilling pot-bellied Canadians until the clear up at the end of the war.

This also explains why the Irish did not enter the war to claim the beer: it was not dark enough to fool them into thinking it was guinness or murphy's .

The Ozzies would have gone for it, but they were too busy setting up Fosters factories in England for post war occupation of their former colonial masters.

Hope this clears things up.