NEW pics of my " 1941 - Blitz over Greece " mod project

Just to proof I wasn´t lazy over the last few days :D

Greece10.jpg

Greek troops defend a cemetary ( the french forces will be modded as Greek troops. I found some nice references about Greek early WWII uniforms. Also all french voice files will be replaced by Greek ones ). The concrete wall on the pic is one of several to choose from in the final version.

Greece11.jpg

Just started to replace the Afrika Korps tanks with Panzergrau versions. Seems to be a lot of work...

Greece12.jpg

Close up on a PzKw III. The background shows my cheap trick to make the CM skyboxes seamless.

Greece13.jpg

German tanks in front of a Greek fortress. You can also see a new modded fence and replacement bitmaps for the soft ground ( looks like deep mud in the game ).

Greece14.jpg

Another shot of the fortress. It`s just an early sketch... the final version will look much more convincing. BTW: I have some nice ideas for special "fortress house rules" when playing human opponents ;)

As you can see , there´s much work left to be done.Finally: the new mod will not only work for pure "Greece" scenarios: I´ll try to keep the graphics as generic as possible , so you can also play " Malta " , " Crete " and even " Gibraltar " scenarios.

Cheers

Tom

• 4 weeks later...

Good people and bad people

The 845th was a Battalion raised by the Germans out of various Arab groups, Iraqis, Palestinians, Algerians and Tunisians. It fought in Tunisia, Russia, Greece and at Berlin. I came across its story while researching AIW scenarios. Many of the Arab leaders in the 1948/56 wars had been in this unit.

The ELAS were the Greek Communists, they would later fight the EDES in a civil war until 1949 - and yes a scenario is forth coming on that.

Also in it are the Laocoon, pro-nazi Greeks and Italians fascists + a British SOE operative with a radio....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Originally posted by Sequoia:

Operation MARITA

12th Armee :Generalfeldmarshall List :

2th PzDiv and 9th PzDiv

Panzergruppe 1 : 5th and 11 PzDiv,

and 73 Inf Div invaded Greece too,

It's seems, 8 PzDIv, 14 PzDiv have been in the Balkans parts of 2th Armee Generalfeldmarshall von Weichs.