Exclusive CMAK screenshot feature at IGN.COM today

Sweet looking screenies, that's the pics I'd been waiting for, some Brits in shorts. And some nice looking Crusaders. I can't wait.

One question though, how long have you guys been working on these beauties? 11 sept 1970? wow!

EDIT

date on the "Tank Trio" has been fixed.

[ September 11, 2003, 06:41 PM: Message edited by: Tweety ]

Yay, shorts!

Now put puttees instead of web anklets on them, and No. 1 Mk III Enfields instead of No. 4 Mk I and they will be set!

I like the shadow effect cast by the brim of the helmet, too.

All the British vehicles seem to have non-reversed numbers on hull sides; like the Shermans at B&T, and a lot of the ones in these screenies too....hmm, new technology?

[ September 11, 2003, 11:58 PM: Message edited by: Michael Dorosh ]

Luvverly!

Surely there should be a enamel tin cup, white, for the drinking of tea attached to the belts? As well as the water bottle? Do officers get swagger sticks?

Maybe it is just wishful thinking, but I think CW in N Africa are going to surprise people, especially in QB's. Once you take away driving unsupported tanks into Pakfronts, or scenarios where German tanks sit 1500m away from an infantry box with only 2pdrs & 25 pdrs watching arty strikes land, the CW forces are better equipped than the myth.

At least, my "training" in CMBB with 2 pdr Valentines, Matildas & Honeys shows they can be competitive against MkIII and short MkIV. Just need plenty of mortars to take care of the ATGs. Give a big welcome back to the 3"!

There's no doubt these are spectacular.

Ironically, each time the realism of the pictures gets better, more nitty little things stand out.

Here's a couple:

- The tanks appear to be driving above the sand instead of in it.

- No tracks in the sand?

How impressed would you be if you came over the crest of a dune and saw a pile of tracks that could only mean "the enemy is just round there"...

Hehe. Just noticed. Something Awful has IGN listed as their awful link of the day.

Posted on www.somethingawful.com

Gaming websites have been in a steady decline since the dot com implosion a few years ago, yet a tenacious few like Game Spy and IGN have managed to cling onto life by filling their sites with outrageous numbers of full screen animated ads and text overlays. Few would begrudge them their right to make money from their content, but the escalation of advertising on these sites was so bad that it seemed it could not possibly get any worse. I was proven wrong a few days ago when IGN unleashed their McDonald's McGriddle site design. Imagine McGriddles mother****ing everywhere, the McDonalds logo all over their menu and completely integrated into the site design. Even the color scheme had been changed. It was like IGN had suddenly changed into a McDonald's web site. Attention getting? Absolutely. ****ing retarded? Even more absolutely.

WWB

They seem to be playing with the ads/layout.

When I first visited, I got straight to the screens. This morning, I had to go through two indirects.

Try this link ... maybe it will get you straight there...

Edit:

... NOPE! Looks like cookies at work: you have to go through the couple of ads pages :mad:

Still, if you have banners, popups and animation blocked, its not that bad smile.gif

[ September 12, 2003, 07:58 PM: Message edited by: GreenAsJade ]

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Not so keen on the pointy effect at the top of the helmet thoug.

All the British vehicles seem to have non-reversed numbers on hull sides; like the Shermans at B&T, and a lot of the ones in these screenies too....hmm, new technology?
Huh? Where did you get that from? All the numbers I saw were variations on "T1018T", which is of course reversible without hickup.

Nice pics smile.gif

[ September 13, 2003, 04:18 PM: Message edited by: JonS ]

Originally posted by JonS:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Not so keen on the pointy effect at the top of the helmet thoug.

Huh? Where did you get that from? All the numbers I saw were variations on "T1018T", which is of course reversible without hickup.

Nice pics smile.gif </font>

Originally posted by wwb_99:

Hehe. Just noticed. Something Awful has IGN listed as their awful link of the day.

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Posted on www.somethingawful.com

Gaming websites have been in a steady decline since the dot com implosion a few years ago, yet a tenacious few like Game Spy and IGN have managed to cling onto life by filling their sites with outrageous numbers of full screen animated ads and text overlays. Few would begrudge them their right to make money from their content, but the escalation of advertising on these sites was so bad that it seemed it could not possibly get any worse. I was proven wrong a few days ago when IGN unleashed their McDonald's McGriddle site design. Imagine McGriddles mother****ing everywhere, the McDonalds logo all over their menu and completely integrated into the site design. Even the color scheme had been changed. It was like IGN had suddenly changed into a McDonald's web site. Attention getting? Absolutely. ****ing retarded? Even more absolutely.

WWB </font>