Find yourself doing this?

Hello all,

Well just wanted to say hello to everyone, I'm new around here. Just purchased CMBB and I'm absolutely loving it, although with not much past wargaming exp. I'm getting my but handed to me quite often. Now to the subject of my post. Funny thing happened while I was driving to work last night. As I'm driving looking at the terrainI frightingly starting thinking to myself "hmmm, that hill would be good for an 88, those trees over there would be great for an MG42" Well I quickly snapped back to reality. Don't think I can ever look at a walk in the park the same again smile.gif Great game, keep up the good work!

After a very immersive TacOps multiplayer session on map 541c I went shopping with a girl. Clothes. Tightly packed women's clothes department. I kept walking and waiting on the walkways, not following her to the sides, until she asked what the hell was wrong with me.

"Bad tank country" sounded like a totally appropriate answer to me smile.gif

[ March 02, 2003, 09:47 PM: Message edited by: redwolf ]

It's one thing to muse over terrain, it's another to have instinctive reactions...

I was walking down the sidewalk, turned a corner onto my street, facing oncoming traffic. Just at the moment I came around, a car which was parked by the curb, facing me, started backing up, and although it was clearly unrelated, I had the feeling that my "sudden" appearance, which one might think oh-so-slightly threatening, was what caused him to backup. (Remind you of anything?)

I *almost* yelled at him to "Quit Chickening Out, you B*st*rd!!".

Not a good thing to yell, in my "hood".

Eden

I live near the Dutch border (near the area where Operation Market Garden took place, Arnhem) and once visited the Netherlands with my girlfriend telling her how flat the country was and where one could setup an ambush with an AT-Gun. Can´t say that she was very interested :D .

Originally posted by Mid_Knight:

Don't think I can ever look at a walk in the park the same again smile.gif

Yeah, avoid the paths and use the terrain to skirt the obvious fire lanes, sprinting to cover. Oh, never forget to low crawl along the gutter through open areas or you may be ambush meat.

Others may laugh and point, but once that '42 does open up, who's the genius? :D

oh yes

When I was first introduced to CMBO I had a few days with it and then (unfortunately) I had to go on a two week vacation....to France. One of the weirdest feelings I ever had was when we drove into a small French village and I had an overwhelming feeling of Deja Vu and misgivings. It was only later that I realized the village looked like one I'd had a tough (level 1) tank vs infantry fight in CMBO...chilling.

HA! Yea, I do that all the time now.

My wife does not find it amusing.

I always tell her where the commanding ground is.

Just today I was watching Gettysburg before we drove to the in-laws house.

I noticed a hill and turned to my wife and said "General, give me one regiment and I will take that hill."

smile.gif

What it's NOT normal to do this?? :eek:

I do this all the time I'm afraid :rolleyes:

I do a lot of hillwalking and often scan the landscape with my binoculars to see kout possible vantage points and possible enemy positions. My wife thinks (and I completely agree with her) that I have finally "lost the plot"

Kindest Regards

MG

It's not just CM players, a few years ago I read the memoirs of a guy who as a young man drove a tank in the 7th Armoured Division in North West Europe. 40 years after the war, when he was successful antiques dealer, he bought a house in the Cotswolds and invited a wartime friend to visit. They took a walk in the hills and stopping to admire the view his friend remarked 'You could find some pretty good hull down positions around here.'

Originally posted by depawel:

When CMBO first came out, there were several threads which said the same.

Welcome to the community.

It's funny to notice that many forums about CM have this kind of threads ;)

Continue that way, it's a very good method, in my opinion, to create good maps and correctly have in mind the topography of the battlefield.

Welcome ! smile.gif

Originally posted by Hawk:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by V:

I noticed a hill and turned to my wife and said "General, give me one regiment and I will take that hill."

And still she said nothing? :D </font>

Whenever I play Golden Tee Golf, as I do a flyby to check out the fairway, I'm always on the lookout for hull down StuGs.

And whenever anyone posts a picture from

CMBB or CMBO in one of the threads, I'm always moving my mouse around, trying to change the perspective.

[ March 03, 2003, 01:13 PM: Message edited by: Boo_Radley ]

Hehe, i do the same damn thing. Got 15 acres out in the country and ive scoped out every inch. I think to myself "ok, now, mg42 position right here will have great field of fire, supporting infantry on right and left flank, 75mm AT gun over there in woods, ok, everybody hide for ambush, rgr that." :rolleyes:

How bout this, just yesterday i was working on the shed and a plane flew over, i immediatly stopped and was thinking what would be a good position for a flak gun. :rolleyes: Thank god im not the only one. ;)