ROW III - The Boots and Tracks CMBB tourney (Part 4)

Winecape,

The tourney deadline is May 15th, with the finals starting a few days later, so you'll be well into your third tube of sunblock by the time we announce the winner. I wish you and your family a safe and relaxing vacation.

P.S. make sure to stay away from the cheap European wine. We wouldn't want you to get sick now would we?

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roger. Got your dates. Will sort the winners out then in due course. Ehmm... Sun tanning will NOT be on the agenda. Wife is not too keen spending 1000's just to turn brown. Can get also enough of that when in the Karoo at my parents farm - sometimes reaching 42 Deg. C. in the shade.

What I WILL do is some bull runs in Spain - sober - apart from sampling some old Madeira's at my father-in-laws house. Also taking some SA vino with to convert the Europeans that they have paid too much all these years for decent wine.

Catch all RoW participants on the rebound.

[ April 28, 2003, 05:33 PM: Message edited by: WineCape ]

Knaust,

AFAIK, the Overflow is running smoothly. To date I have received 25% (15 of 60) of the results, although it has been a couple of weeks since I received any new ones.

I have not set a deadline for the Overflow, and won't until I get more results in. Without them I have no real idea of close the tourney is to completion.

Greetings Kingfish,

This is Deadly 88. I am trying to finish my battle with Space Hamster (Christmas Battle). He has not sent me a turn in nearly a month. He replied that he lost his CD...not sure when/how he will replace it.

I also e-mailed this info to you a week ago...along with my last turn to him...but I have not rec'd a reply as yet.

I would like to wrap up my last battle...I don't care who finishes it for Space Hamster...but I just want to finish it soon.

Please provide me with a New Player and I will forward the last turn to him...you can send him the password.

Since I have not looked at the turn in about a month...I think I'm on turn 26 - 28 of 38.

Please reply to nmcentee@vianet.ca as I do not check these forums very often. I was very surprised to see this Forum on Page 4 ??!!?? Guess there isn't much to talk about lately eh?

Thanks....I look forward to resolving this.

Nick DEADLY 88

Originally posted by Deadly 88:

This is Deadly 88. I am trying to finish my battle with Space Hamster (Christmas Battle). He has not sent me a turn in nearly a month. He replied that he lost his CD...not sure when/how he will replace it.

I would like to wrap up my last battle...I don't care who finishes it for Space Hamster...but I just want to finish it soon.

Is he playing Soviets? I would actually like to do it now that my time schedule looks a little better, but obviously I should only play Soviets in that scenario.

Deadly 88,

Check your e-mail. Your new opponent is ready to go but needs to hear from you first.

wadepm,

I'll try to get the new results posted today. I now have all scores divided by sections for easier reading.

Everyone,

I need to know who applied to the ROW BBS under the username "fmeyer". Please let me know what username you use on this BBS so that I can verify that you have finished all of your games.

Guys,

I'm really sorry to have to say this, but I am going to extend the deadline by another month. This is due to reasons beyond my control, and if there were a way that I could keep the May 15th deadline I would, but like I said it is beyond my control. I promise you this is the last time I do this. Again, I'm sorry.

Sincerly,

Kingfish

Gotcha! tongue.gif

******ONE WEEK TO GO!!!!!*********

Well, really little less than a week. The regular tourney will officially end on May 15th, no ifs, ands or buts about it. That is a Thursday. I will then use the weekend to tally up the scores, post them on the BBS, work that Nabla Magic, add the AAR bonuses, announce the winner and launch the finals.

Remember, anyone currently in the tourney can play the finals scenario if they want to, but only the finalists battle for the prize.

***Very Important****

One of the very first things I will do after the regular tourney ends is to post the scores, both here and on the ROW BBS. Please look these over and verify that what I have is correct. If you see any mistakes e-mail me immediately. I will give you until Friday evening to contact me. Otherwise I will assume that what I have is correct. Anyone wishing to verify their scores ahead of time can do so either by checking the ROW BBS, or e-mailing me directly.

***Very important #2****

As I stated earlier, anyone currently in the tourney can play the finals scenarios. The only matchups that I will arrange will be for the finalists. That means that you are free to arrange your own 'cell' of 3 players. Simply contact your 2 favorite opponents, agree to play, and e-mail me the list. I will then send out the files just like the regular tourney, with axis players starting the game. Scores can be submitted, and AARs are always welcomed. Keep in mind that your cell may be broken up due to one of the players moving on to the finals, so you may want a backup just in case. Who will the finalists be? Only Nabla knows for sure ;)

Thats it for now. Hang in there guys, this train is almost at the station.

[ May 09, 2003, 07:04 AM: Message edited by: Kingfish ]

Originally posted by Kanonier Reichmann:

Hi Sergio. Is there any chance you can extend the deadline just to the weekend as Michael D. and myself are almost at the end but we'll probably need the full week to finish our game.

Ack, come on. Go tcp/ip or somfink, just get it done. Some of us were done more than two months ago. Heck, I can't even remember half of the scenarios..!

I will post this one to the bbs if there isn't a clear answer here, or people think this should not be posted.

Is it always assumed that the Axis reinforcements will always come from the West? Or, in all scenarios, is it that nobody knows where reinforcements come in.

See my post on the bbs under Christmas Battle.

SgtAbell