ROW III - The Boots and Tracks CMBB tourney (Part 4)

SgtAbell: In any CM scenario, the scenario designer decides where the reinforcements will appear by creating setup zones for them. The designer can put the setup zones anywhere he/she chooses. Does that answer your question?

Seems like there are a lot of games not finished, at least in my sections...but I wonder if that's just because the game results haven't been reported to Kingfish in some of them, or not correctly reported? There's a number of people playing in their first tournament, and even people who started in the middle.

So, maybe it'd be useful to repaste the rules on reporting game results, from the beginning of the thread? The deadline for reporting results would be May 15, too, right?

Here it is:

The LOSER reports game results. If you end up being on the weak side of a few unbalanced scenarios you will find yourself having to report most of your games. This is, as they say, tough luck.

Game Report email needs to have the subject, "Game Report". The body of the email must contain the following information:

Tourney Number (1-3), Scenario Title, Your username on this forum, the side you played, your score, your opponent's username and his score. The body of the email should then look like this if you are Fred:

Tourney 1, The Ambush, Fred (Axis) 37, Joe 43

Reporting games in this manner will save me a great deal of time. With 72 people I NEED to have games reported this way. Do not send me final game files. Keep these in a safe place in case of disputes.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Frunze.

Guys,

I'll make one change to Treeburst's rules for reporting, and that is I would like both players to report their results. During the course of this tourney I've received at least a dozen e-mails from the winner, who upon reading the latest list of games reported, found out his opponent didn't e-mail me the results.

Replacement players automatically inherit all the points from the player they replaced, and that includes bonus points for AARs written by the original player.

So, even though you only played one game, you still have as much chance as anyone else at making the finals. Therefore, being you have some time on your hands, I would recommend you write up an AAR. Those extra points might just be the difference needed to get you into the finals.

Originally posted by Joques:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Kanonier Reichmann:

Hi Sergio. Is there any chance you can extend the deadline just to the weekend as Michael D. and myself are almost at the end but we'll probably need the full week to finish our game.

Ack, come on. Go tcp/ip or somfink, just get it done. Some of us were done more than two months ago. Heck, I can't even remember half of the scenarios..! </font>

Originally posted by Bertram:

Kingfish,

Dorosh is stil missing, no turns since 19 feb.

Bertram

I thought we finished this??? My computer was in the shop for a month during which time no CM. If we still need to finish this, resend me your last file.

EDIT - we did finish this, I have the final score on the last turn on file. There was nothing to send back to you.

Sorry, I don't check this thread at all; got boring reading "I just did something I can't tell you about in X scenario, boy, can't wait til it's over and we can talk about it" posts.

[ May 13, 2003, 10:45 AM: Message edited by: Michael Dorosh ]

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

I have not finished my game with Tuomas since he bailed out, and I had no interest in reviving the game with a replacement player weeks after the last turn has elapsed. So hopefully all those originals in my section will not be affected by my not finishing the one game.

Unfortunately, it will have an affect, as I now have 7 players instead of 6 in section 2-1.

Originally posted by Cpl Carrot:

Kingfish - are the AAR's due on the 15th as well or do we have a little longer?

Cpl Carrot

IIRC, Sergio said in a previous post that participants have 1 week after the 15 May deadline to submit AAR's. I'll need all of it to complete mine!

BTW, King of Debrecen is now finished so I'm all done. Thanks to Treeburst and then Kingfish and to all my opponents for very enjoyable and challenging games. I'm sure I'm going to have to put in all 5 AAR's to have even the faintest chance of advancing to the next round.

Regards

Jim R.

*****NEWS FLASH!!!!*****

I'd like everyone to know that the creator of the Nabla scoring system, none other other Jarmo Hurri himself, has volunteered to crunch the numbers for us when it comes time to determine the winners. This guarantees that we will have as accurate a score as possible.

However, there is one condition, and this is very important: I must have all the scores no later than Thursday evening. Seems our Jarmo is getting hitched in June, and his friends are treating him to one final night of decadence and triple Ds before his incarceration. That night falls somewhere duing that weekend (He thinks Saturday) so I must get these scores to him earlier than that. Otherwises it will be more like Monday before we announce the winners.

As for the AARs, yes I said earlier that I was granting a little more time after the deadline for the purposes of submitting the AARs. While I will still honor that I will ask that those who are planning on submitting AARs please contact me personally. We need to wrap this up quickly, and get cranking on the finals.

Hi,

KR & the Cpl you both need to write those AAR's as it is a close call and you are both in with a chance.

smile.gif

You will kick yourself if you don't.

Of course if you write them as you play the game then you would not be in the position you are now.

tongue.gif

Cpl just type a few words for RearGuard, there is no stipulation that an AAR should be X Length etc...

You can nick my text if you want and change a few words...

;)

Good luck Gents and may the best player win through to the finals, failing that the luckiest SOB.

:D

H

[ May 14, 2003, 08:34 AM: Message edited by: Holien ]

Originally posted by Holien:

Hi,

KR & the Cpl you both need to write those AAR's as it is a close call and you are both in with a chance.

smile.gif

You will kick yourself if you don't.

G'day H. From what I've seen on Kingfish's special BBS site I'd say you have it in the bag, put down your glasses, all over red rover etc, etc, etc. That huge win in Rearguard Action will earn you mega points and all your other games bar just the one were very handy victories for you as well. You'll romp it in so my hearty congratulations.

It still wont stop me from doing AAR's mind you, just not quite as long as the one I did for Emilville Exit. smile.gif

Regards

Jim R.

Originally posted by Kingfish:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

I have not finished my game with Tuomas since he bailed out, and I had no interest in reviving the game with a replacement player weeks after the last turn has elapsed. So hopefully all those originals in my section will not be affected by my not finishing the one game.

Unfortunately, it will have an affect, as I now have 7 players instead of 6 in section 2-1. </font>

KR I beg to differ, I am not so sure it is as clear cut as you think.

You certainly took the shine off my averages.

:(

I am ready when you are to play something more balanced (IMO).

Fancy something rated in the Scenario Depot? I have reviewed all those I have played.

H

Last chance at Romance, ladies....

Time to get those games finished, because the regular tourney will officially end at midnight tonight. Later this evening I will post the latest scores both here and on the ROW BBS. Please look them over and verify that what I have is correct. If by Friday afternoon I do not hear from anyone then I will assume that the scores are correct, and will then send them to Jarmo.

In addition, I will also posts the latest AAR list. Again, please verify that my list is correct. I understand that a few of you are working on some at this moment, so the list I post tonight will not be the final one.

Regarding what AARs are acceptable, Every AAR received will be awarded bonus points, so no one will experience what wadepm did it the first ROW, that of taking the time to write one and getting nothing in return. The way I see it, if you take the time to write one you should be rewarded.

Having said that, what points you do get awarded depends on the quality of the AAR. How do I define quality? I guess the best examples would be what is posted on the Boots and Tracks site in the ROW sections. One particularly good example would be John Kettler's AARs, both for ROW I and II. They are not super long, and do not contain screenshots (although adding your own are a plus), but they do give the reader a very good idea of how the player (John) sees the scenario, what battle plan he chose, how it played out, and most importantly, he added a small review of the scenario itself.

I hope you find this helpful. Feel free to e-mail me if you have any questions.

Here are the latest scores for King of Debrecen.

King of Debrecen

1-1

tabpub 38 - Combined arms 62

Juha Ahoniemi 66 - Enoch 34

Bimmer 41 - Spanish Bombs 59

1-2

Toumas 33 - Holien 67

Bertram 22 - Cpl Carrot 78

Michael Dorosh 38 - Kanonier Reichman 62

1-3

jjelinek 40 - Ted 60

Chris Martino 30 - Gunnersman 70