***ROW III Finals***

Guys,

It's time to wrap this one up. I've been buried with real life as of late, and have allowed this to slide off the radar screen. Not anymore.

We now have one month to finish the tourney. Considering that the finals have gone on longer than the actual tourney this should not present a problem to anyone. In fact, I expect everyone to be either finished or very close to it.

Later on tonight I will post the list of games completed. If you do not see your name on it please e-mail me asap, hopefully with the scores, opponents, etc.

We have until the end of October to finish this up. Lets get it done.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the updated list of games completed. Please e-mail me asap if you do not see your game on there. You'll need to provide me with the score, which side you played, and who your opponent was (make sure to CC your opponent as well).

Each scenario is divided into two sections, with the finalists listed first.

The Petroskov River Bridge

Wellsonian vs Lt Bull

Juha vs Holien

Bryce Baker vs Frunze

mPisi vs Pacestick

Wade vs jjelinek

Stoneage vs Kanonier Reichmann

Tweety vs tabpub

Combined arms vs Spanish Bombs

The Koltov Corridor

Holien vs Pacestick

Lt Bull vs Shock Trooper

Deadly 88 vs Wellsonian

Juha vs mPisi

Flammenwerfer vs Tabpub

jjelinek vs Ted

Combined arms vs Stoneage

Kanonier Reichmann vs Spanish Bombs

The High Road

Shock Trooper vs Wellsonian

Pacestick vs Juha

Frunze vs JPS

mPisi vs Holien

Tweety vs Flammenwerfer

Kanonier Reichmann vs Combined arm

Spanish bombs vs Stoneage

Edit: If you have finished all your games, and would like to see the results so far, you can e-mail me and I will send you the spreadsheet. It is in MS Works. This does not mean you can discuss the scenario here on the BBS. As soon as I get 6 scores on any scenario I will start a thread in the scenario forum, and there you can praise & berate the designers to your hearts content. Until then mums the word. tongue.gif

[ September 29, 2003, 10:14 PM: Message edited by: Kingfish ]

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings,

I have just 2 turns left against Lt Bull...and 1 turn remaining against Shocktrooper.

I need some help with AAR's. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to write about. Is their a format? A suggested length to the AAR ie. 1000 words or more?

Maybe someone could send me (nmcentee@vianet.ca) an AAR from the 1st Round and I could use that as an example.

Awesome tournament, Great opponents, scintillating scenarios....Truly amazing.

Thanks to Kingfish for continuing this tournament when all seemed lost.

Thanks to Winecape for the opportunity to Win some fine South African Wine...(note to Winecape, as unlikely as I am to come out on top...do you take requests? Never met a Red that I didn't like ;>)

Thanks to the fella that is sponsoring a prize of "The Band of Brothers DVD collection". Unfortunately, I do not recall who it was.

As most of you...I have played for the love of the game, bragging rights, and Bonus Ladder points...but I have never had the chance to play for something tangible. Yes, an empty wine bottle is still considered tangible...

I look forward to someone sending me a AAR.

Thanks

DEADLY 88

Thanks to Winecape for the opportunity to Win some fine South African Wine...(note to Winecape, as unlikely as I am to come out on top...do you take requests? Never met a Red that I didn't like ;>)
Always. CM is just my excuse to spread the taste of South African wine, haven't you noticed? ;)

Sincerely,

Charl Theron

logo.gif

-----------------------------------------------------

</font>

• Wine donation send to Fuerte for his PBEM HELPER, an excellent tool - it even lets you play 2 PBEM turns per e-mail exhange - if you play more than one PBEM at a time and have a Windows OS</font>
  • Sponsor of the (now infamous) Invitational (Ari Maenpaa)</font>
  • Sponsor of the 2 WineCape Tourneys (Fangorn’s Brazilian customs drank the wine prize up! + KiwiJoe)</font>
  • Sponsor of the Nordic Championships in honor of Nabla (His scoring system revolutionized CM tourney play)</font>
  • Rumblings of War, aka RoW I/II/III and beyond tourney sponsor (Wreck/Ali+Kanonier+Jon_L/~)</font>
  • Grateful donateur to the drinking habits of Battlefront.com (Baldy received the Fat Bastard Chardonnay)</font>
  • Thank You donation send to Manx (He used to run the “sexiest CMBO modsite on the net”)</font>
  • Wine donation send to Boots & Tracks for their scenarios created specifically for RoW tournaments</font>
  • Wine donation send to Gordon Molek for his CMMOS utility (Thereby making the installing of CM mods a breeze)</font>
  • Wine donation send to Andrew Fox for his CM modding work</font>
  • Wine donation send to Keith Miller @ Scenario Depot for his dedication in hosting CM scenarios</font>
  • Sponsor-to-be of Pengville’s “Gamey Bastard” tourney (In honor of Seanachai + Lars for showing an act of kindness to an outerboarder - Well, bribery does pay.)</font>

tick tock tick tock...

Time is wonding down, Gentlemen. We have a little over a week left, so get those turns cranking!

Here is the current list of games completed. As before, it is broken down into finalists and non-finalists for each scenario:

Wellsonian vs Lt Bull

Juha vs Holien

Bryce Baker vs Frunze

mPisi vs Pacestick

Wade vs jjelinek

Tweety vs tabpub

The Koltov Corridor

Holien vs Pacestick

Lt Bull vs Shock Trooper

Deadly 88 vs Wellsonian

Juha vs mPisi

Flammenwerfer vs Tabpub

jjelinek vs Ted

The High Road

Pacestick vs Juha

Frunze vs JPS

mPisi vs Holien

Tweety vs Flammenwerfer

Please note that this list is no different than the previous one, which means I have not received any new scores since then. Do not assume that your opponent has turned in the results. If you know your score then please e-mail them to me, regardless of who won. Also make sure to 'cc your opponent in the e-mail

*****Very Important******

I have switched ISPs, and no longer have AOL. Please take note of my new address:

sc112265@bellsouth.net

Send (or resend if need be) all scores, questions, etc. to this new address

Tick tock tick.....Brrrrrrinnnngggg!!!!

Time is up guys. Today is the last day to get your scores submitted. Tomorrow morning before I go to work I will scan my inbox one more time, and any last minute entries will be accepted, but that's it.

Here is the latest list of games completed:

Wellsonian vs Lt Bull

Juha vs Holien

Bryce Baker vs Frunze

mPisi vs Pacestick

Shock Trooper vs Deadly 88

MikeyDz vd JPS

Wade vs jjelinek

Tweety vs tabpub

The Koltov Corridor

Holien vs Pacestick

Lt Bull vs Shock Trooper

Deadly 88 vs Wellsonian

Juha vs mPisi

Frunze vs MikeyDz

Flammenwerfer vs Tabpub

jjelinek vs Ted

The High Road

Pacestick vs Juha

Frunze vs JPS

mPisi vs Holien

Lt Bull vs Deadly 88

MikeyDz vs Bryce Baker

Tweety vs Flammenwerfer

Note that I now have 6 entries for both Petroskov and High Road, meaning that these scenarios are now completed and thus open for discussion. (Bryce Baker / JPS, yours is the last score I need from the finalists. Crank out those turns and get it done!)

You may freely discuss the scenarios, either here or you can start a thread at the scenario forum (please hold off for one more day on Koltov so as to let the last 2 finalists complete their game in EFOW).

Also, to date I have received the following AARs:

Pacestick

The Koltov Corridor

The High Road

Pacestick

If you have submitted a game score, or an AAR, and do not see it here, then you will need to resend it. Please send to this address:

sc112265@bellsouth.net

The same goes for any errors in scores, matchups, etc. If you see something that isn't right please let me know right away.

[ November 02, 2003, 11:00 AM: Message edited by: Kingfish ]