Bad news for modders and mod sluts from www.cmmods.com (Monday, Oct. 6th Update)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ugh! I'm so sorry to hear about all the troubles.

I love cmmods and have downloaded tons of great mods from your site.

I have everything I have downloaded backed up, I think my raw CM game mods are over 2 gigs in size.

So, if the drive is really out just let me know if you need any mods to be re-uploaded and I'll see if I can help.

Best of luck with everything!

Jordan "AstroCat"

[ October 02, 2003, 03:33 PM: Message edited by: AstroCat ]

COG;

Fingers crossed for everything, wife, job and server, in that order.

I too have a rather embarassingly large collection of mods mostly downloaded off your site so if there's anything missing once you get going again, just put out the word.

Once you're back in action I for one will put in a few bucks, I'm just ashamed I haven't done so earlier.

Sincerely,

Derfel

Originally posted by ColumbusOHGamer:

...here's how my life has been the past week.

1. Found out my wife has Rheumatoid Lung (bronciectisys(sp?)) and must be on Prednisone (powerful steroid) for 3-12 months which will cause things like 30#-40# weight gain, cataracts, permanent bone denisty loss, etc, etc, etc. (This may be considered GOOD news since it could have been bronciectitis and that would have killed her in 5-10 years).

2. Found out that my job (Lotus Notes consulting) is being eliminated Nov. 14. Ever try to find an IT job in Nov-Dec?? They don't exist...

3. cmmods, et. al., crashes and I MAY (fingers still crossed) lose 500-700 hours worth of work, not to mention all the graphics/pics I created or saved on the drive. AND, I actually have to pay someone to fix my server. I have *NEVER*, in my entire life, let the computer beat me, but yesterday I finally gave in to it. ;)

It's all my fault really. I told my wife after I found out about my job and her health that IT CAN'T GET WORSE, ONLY BETTER. That was probably the dumbest thing I've ever done. :rolleyes:

Aw, man. I used to think I was the only one who had that kind of bad luck. I think I'm going to cry. You've taken away my reason for feeling sorry for myself and I think I'm going to miss it.

:(

Michael

It's a drag for sure as this has happened to me twice. I think I have most of the mods that were on your site, 1.57 gigabytes of vehicles alone, they are mostly from your site a few are mods of my own, (mostly subdued & lightened versions of existing mods), 312 MBs of terrain files, 203 MBs of uniforms, plus various interface files. Again, mostly from your site. Email me if you need help & I'll burn some CDs & mail them to you

Sometimes life sucks and it sounds like it's your turn. I am not making light of your situation at all by the way. I know all too well myself, believe me. Here's wishing your wife all my best wishes and to you too my friend. Hang in there and good luck. Also I've learned that things do normally get better although when you hit rock bottom there really is no other way to go but up. Now back to your site. Although I myself never use mods ;) I will contribute some cash for those that do. :D I think my wife knows how to do that paypal thing so will get her help. Keep us posted and good luck on all three things. Sincerely.

So sorry to hear about all the troubles that piled up on you this week. I wish you and your wife the best. I'll keep both of you in my prayers.

I a "mod slut addict" #1 and have most of your stuff in my HD. If I can be of help... just let me know.

Your site is the best and will surely come back even better !!!

Cheers !!! smile.gif

WOW! You guys are terrific! Your support is VERY much appreciated right now. It's been a long week and I'm thankful it's Friday. ;)

UPDATE ON CMMODS:

Good news and bad news. Good news is that it looks like most my other databases can be recovered as they were not damaged. Bad news is that the CMMODS database had bad sectors in it. I don't know how much data will be lost or (maybe more importantly) if the design is still intact yet. I should have an answer today.

It sounds like even if the mods are lost, most of them can be recovered. I know I still have >300 .zip files that I just downloaded last week, so I think we'll be OK, although it may take little effort to rebuild it.

UPDATE ON WIFE:

More good and bad news. Good news is that the Prednisone seems to be working she's gone from a 0, on a scale of 1-10, to a 1 or 2. It's going to be a slow process. Bad news is that the weight gain is already starting. She's having a hard time with that.

UPDATE ON JOB:

No change...maybe I'll just take 2 month vacation. ;)

The outpouring of support was been overwhelming. I can not thank everyone enough for letting me know that your rooting for my wife, me and CMMODS. Saying 'Thanks!' isn't enough, but it's all I can give you right now.

Cross your fingers and have happy thoughts of CMMODS and, with good luck, maybe I'll be able to get it back up and running this weekend.

Thanks again to everyone for your support.

COG

big bummer about the site, COG.

Im keeping my fingers crossed for u on that.

Although its really stupid to go into details about that when u know about someone being sick;

I especially keep my fingers crossed for her.

...and just hope some things will turn out for the better.

Have a gooooooood weekend.

Best wishes for your wife, that alone must be some strain.

As for the job, perhaps we can gather all the unemployed or unhappily employed IT/Web/Graphic/Database designer's and form our own corporation. I have until the end of the month to make my decision on what to do next.

CMMODS will be back, I'm confident. If there's any backend work that you need help with, let me know!

Originally posted by GJK:

As for the job, perhaps we can gather all the unemployed or unhappily employed IT/Web/Graphic/Database designer's and form our own corporation. I have until the end of the month to make my decision on what to do next.

Click here to tell us your unemployment story:

The Great Unemployment Thread of 2003

COG

COG

Very sorry to hear about your troubles. I've "lurked" for a long while now and respect all the work and effort you put into your product.

I work in HR in Atlanta and would like to see if I can help find you something in IT. Do you have a resume you can shoot me? Even if you're not looking to relocate some of the headhunters I know do placements all over the country. Just let me know.

All the best.

[ October 03, 2003, 02:36 PM: Message edited by: Major Minor ]

Originally posted by Major Minor:

I work in HR in Atlanta and would like to see if I can help find you something in IT. Do you have a resume you can shoot me? Even if you're not looking to relocate some of the headhunters I know do placements all over the country. Just let me know.

I will do that just as soon as I get the server up and running. Gotta have an email addy to send from... ;)

Thanks!

COG