Peng Challenge Telethon a Success – Australia Saved

Guest PondScum
Originally posted by dalem:

<font size=-1>And yeah, Joe still has all his ears.</font>

Never mind Joe's ears, where did you pick up that fetching below-the-knee skirt?

Image70.jpg

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Seanachai:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by dalem:

Right now my Earless Dog is Very Mad at me because I just got a Cat. See Joe the Cat

Joe the cat?

Um, Dalem, you named your cat Joe Shaw, didn't you? </font>

In response to Boo's tasking of Jim Boggs on the issue of 'obscenely prolonged games', I feel the need to make a few observations, and pass along some remarks on my current game with the inimitable Boo.

First off, why would anyone have an issue with Boggs and Moraine Sedai being locked together for the foreseeable future in a life and death struggle to establish a 'dominance heirarchy' of the baboon troop commonly refered to as 'the American South'? The longer they're kept busy with each other, the longer the rest of us can forego the need to sleep in shifts for fear of being crept up on and subjected to some interminable monologue on 'the War'. By which, of course, any Southerner means 'the American Civil War', the losing of which no Southerner ever gets tired of discussing.

If possible, I'd extend their game to 100 turns.

Now, as for Mr. Radley.

I am currently enduring a game with Boo, that he set up. It is a 35 turn game with variable ending, which means it will most likely go to 40 turns. I am having difficulty with the idea that Boo fears 'running out of ammo', given that he has spent about 30 turns of this game barely moving forward to the edge of my original setup zone.

If I were to give a name to Boo's tactical style, it would have to be the 'Continental Drift' approach. I'm sure that, on the last turn of the game when he finally gets close enough to one of the VLs to determine that it's location is marked by a 'flag', the overall effect will be 'impressive'.

In the interim, however, and after watching Boo 'command' his troops, I've decided that my best response is to simply sit quietly and wait for climate change to kill him off, leaving his troops leaderless, and so, finally, in a position to pose a threat to me.

Then I will have to act.

No, I would never embarrass a lesser mammal with the moniker of a failed human experiment like Joe Shaw.

It is not permissible for you to use the term 'lesser mammals'.

Thrown into a holding pen with cats, squirrels, dingoes, tree shrews and rats, you would, at best, be entitled to use the term 'first amongst equals'. And the dingoes could probably bring a defamation suit.

It is not permissible for you to use the term 'lesser mammals'.

What was that? You wanted a versification? From me? Awwwwww....

Ahem.

A one two three o'clock - four o'clock rock!

A five six seven o'clock - eight o'clock rock!

A nine ten eleven o'clock, twelve o'clock rock!

We're gonna rock

around the clock tonight!

Then the clock falls off

the mantlepiece!

And hits Seanachai on the head just NOT like

a bag of fleece!

CHORUS

Loch agamen frie blegel toot toot

Aye, loch agamen frie blegel toot toot

Whether you're a mother or whether you're Doctor Joyce Brothers, you're

Stayin' alive, stayin' alive

Feel the city shakin' and feel her water breakin', you're

Stayin alive, stayin' alive

Ah, ah, ah ah stayin' alive, stayin' alive

Ah, ah, ah ah stayin aliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiive!

[ July 21, 2003, 06:38 PM: Message edited by: dalem ]

Now, as for Mr. Radley.

I am currently enduring a game with Boo, that he set up. It is a 35 turn game with variable ending, which means it will most likely go to 40 turns. I am having difficulty with the idea that Boo fears 'running out of ammo', given that he has spent about 30 turns of this game barely moving forward to the edge of my original setup zone.

If I were to give a name to Boo's tactical style, it would have to be the 'Continental Drift' approach. I'm sure that, on the last turn of the game when he finally gets close enough to one of the VLs to determine that it's location is marked by a 'flag', the overall effect will be 'impressive'.

In the interim, however, and after watching Boo 'command' his troops, I've decided that my best response is to simply sit quietly and wait for climate change to kill him off, leaving his troops leaderless, and so, finally, in a position to pose a threat to me.

Then I will have to act.

Oh, stop it Seanachai! Just STOP IT!!!

You had me with Mr. Radley, you big lug!

Boggs smiled to himself, the deed was done and soon his quest would be complete. It had taken precise planning and split-second timing to pull it off, but everything had gone like clockwork.

Vinnie and Guido, two hired thugs that had been more than willing to take on this job for a mere $20, were on their way back with The Prize.

Boggs laughed out loud as he thought back to how he had tricked Seanachai into going downtown to await a phone call at the payphone on 1st and Main. Boggs had called the number and was delighted to hear his victim answer.

Then came the sound of a struggle, a couple of shouts, then silence. Vinnie and Guido had been waiting in a van opposite the phone and had precise instructions to move at exactly midnight. Now they were pulling up outside the motel room.

Boggs walked out and waited impatiently as the two oafs unlocked the back of the van. Opening the door Boggs peered inside and received quite a shock. Inside the van was the payphone and no sign of Seanachai. He looked again with the same result.

Stunned he faced Vinnie, the intelligent one, "What happened?"

"Well boss, it went just like you said, except there was this old guy using it so we had to toss him into the bushes"

Boggs was enraged, "YOU IDIOTS, I said Grab the Gnome!!!"

Updates (since I know it will make my liege happy...)

Things progressing slowly and painfully with Elvis. I've given it a good go, but my guys napped a bit long in the first few turns, so making up ground will be most difficult. However, it's been an interesting battle and well worth the experience.

Poor Boo's computer woes have us ground to a halt and the game is in limbo. Too bad as we'd just started some firefight on one end of the field of battle and things were just starting to get interesting. Hopefully, we can pick up where we left off after he gets things back in order. Otherwise, we'll have to start all over again.

lenakonrad and I are on 'indefinite' hold for now until he gets settled.

JimBoggs has decided to restart our game so that I could at least know the parameters of the game for proper unit purchase. Which I wholeheartedly appreciate. This will be an intriguing battle to say the least.

Too early to say how the battle will go with NG cavscout as this one just started as well, but it looks to be a goodly engagement with much entertainment.

Lurkur and I are still battering each other with tanks v. guns at the moment, but I'm wearing him down. *evil laughter*

And kind (did I really say that???) MrSpkr has consented to have a go at a new game since neither of us can seem to open the files from our previous game since we've both upgraded. More news on this one once the game's officially under way...

And now...back to your regularly scheduled programming. This has been a test. This was only a test. If there had actually been an emergency, you would have been instructed to stick your head between your knees and...well - you know the rest...

[ July 22, 2003, 01:46 AM: Message edited by: Moraine Sedai ]

No, something more appropriate for our Australian cousins.

You mean....

us lot is related to you lot?!!!

*gack*

*gulp*

*ggggggaaaAAAAAAAaaaaack*

*gulp*

Sorry, just trying to swallow the bile that keeps repeating on me.

Mace

Originally posted by Mace:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by dalem:

No, something more appropriate for our Australian cousins.

You mean....

us lot is related to you lot?!!!

*gack*

*gulp*

*ggggggaaaAAAAAAAaaaaack*

*gulp*

Sorry, just trying to swallow the bile that keeps repeating on me.

Mace </font>

Originally posted by Nidan1:

Scary ain't it mate? Who's ya Daddy?

I didn't do it, nobody saw me do it, there's no way you can prove anything.

SSN Hint Of The Day: When you’re done with your gum, stick it under the chair.

Now sod off.

Estimated days to completion listing

This list uses the average number of turns set per day, against an estimated 33 turns to completion.

</font>

• Boo Radley - 3 tpd - 14 days</font>
  • NG Cavscout - 28 tpd - 1 day</font>
  • Lurkur - 4 tpd - 1 day</font>
  • Mace - 0.6 tpd - 139 days</font>

Exluded from the list are battles-in-setup with Lt Hortlund and Nidan.

This has been a public service announcement from the SirRealius Cybernetics Corporation. Have a nice day.

/SirReal

As the central Cess Pool Board meets, in what they think is a private meeting, unbeknownst to them, the intercom button has been left open. Let's listen in:

Lars NO WAY, I started the last one and I am sick and tired of always having to start a new thread!"

Boo I'd do it, but that Boggs guy will just make fun of me again, and frankly I have enough problems dealing with my hardware issues

Mace *Burp* Zzzzzzzzzz

MrSpkr There's a conspiracy I tell you. Every time I try to get that Website up and running, I forget what it's supposed to be about.

So I certainly don't have the time to.....what was it we were discussing?

Seanachai There you go again, always going on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on........

Persephone Enough, Gnome, we haven't got weeks you know. I have new pictures to post.

dalem Well I like to garden and burn weeds.

Joe Shaw My Coalition of the Swilling was the best ever Thread title, if I do say so myself.

Berli Idiot!

Hiram Hey guys, I think the intercom is on!

All in unison OH NO! People will think we're clueless!!

*CLICK*

Dear Everyonewhodoesntcare,

Ms. Sedai is correct. The battle is the classic one VL in the middle first one to it gets to defend it. She has no shot at it as were are in turn 31 of a 30+ game and she ain't even close.

After my draw with Nobo in his gamily purchased units battle we have begun anew. He was so frightened by the first few turns he has scampered off to meet up with Mace and will be gone for another 2 weeks. That should be enough time to get his nerve back up.

Hiram, you ask? I forget. I'm probably beating him.

Peng is about to be shocked when he loses our current big of nastiness. Huge thing in the snow with me trying to move lots of slow moving vehicles and exhausted troops to within eyesight of him so that I might kill him.

Love,

Elvis

Originally posted by v42below:

Have YOU posted on the Peng thread?

Not that I'd care to admit.

To those I'm currently playing: I upgraded to ver1.03, and forgot to save out the turns, first. Then I discovered that I no longer had the first patches. Must have been having a Seanachai moment. 56K DL is sloooow. Bear with my old cranky (Joe Shaw) machine.

Originally posted by v42below:

RUL09933s.jpg

Have YOU posted on the Peng thread?

Uncle Samovich?

[edit]-Hey, why don't one of you Aussies start a new Thread for a change? Are you exempt? Inept?

[ July 22, 2003, 09:27 PM: Message edited by: Jim Boggs ]

Originally posted by R_Leete:

To those I'm currently playing: I upgraded to ver1.03, and forgot to save out the turns, first. Then I discovered that I no longer had the first patches. Must have been having a Seanachai moment. 56K DL is sloooow. Bear with my old cranky (Joe Shaw) machine.

Jeez... R_Leete, they say the nut never falls far from the tree and seeing as how you're Seanachai's whelp, I'm not at all surprised.

But now for a bit of a sing-song.

Ahem...

Lars and Leeeeo,

Lars and Leeeeo,

are sorry that they ever tangled with me

Oh!

All their tanks, are smokin'

Lars and Leeeeo

I aint jokin'.

Sorry there's not more, but there's more enemies to crush within my mighty fist. I must be off!

(I must be off to hang around with you bunch of gandy dancers.)

Originally posted by SirReal:

This list uses the average number of turns set per day, against an estimated 33 turns to completion.

</font>

/SirReal

You're forgetting he is a government employee, send the turn to his work email address.

Originally posted by Speedy:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by SirReal:

</font>

What are you saying? That he works all the time, and is never home, or that when at work, he's got all the time in the world to play CM?

/SirReal

/SirReal

You're forgetting he is a government employee, send the turn to his work email address. </font>