Peng Challenge Telethon a Success – Australia Saved

Australia primed to be yanked into US

Advantages of American statehood for Australia:

*Access to the world's best higher education system – {God knows they need that}.

THE RULES then, short and sweet:

S) Go away.

O) Go even further away.

D) {***sigh***} If you’re still reading this, you’re still too close. But if you insist, PAY ATTENTION!, or go away.

O) This is the Peng Challenge. Challenge someone SPECIFIC, just make sure it’s not Peng. Try a newbie SSN such as yourself, not a Knigget or an Old One. If you don’t know what a SSN, Knigget, or Old One is, go away.

F) The key word being CHALLENGE, sound off like you have inherited a pair from someone other than your pet hamster. If you can’t manage this, go away.

F) Do not sound off about your pair. Try to act like you have a modicum of wit, style and panache OR Half of a Brain. If you won’t keep this thought in your Half of a Brain, we will boot it to the other Half, and you will go away.

!) If you have any questions at all, post absolutely NOTHING! We will get back to you at our earliest inconvenience. And go away (are you starting to see a trend here?).

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

* Fielding teams in the US national basketball, baseball and gridiron competitions.

The entertainment factor of just seeing an Aussie basketball team would alone be worth it.

Not to mention that it would by default become the largest state, shutting up those snooty Alaskans and dropping Texas to a dismal third. No downside there.

Originally posted by Lars:

It would be like adding ten new Ohio's.

I don't think the universe is ready for such a huge amount of wonderfulness. I think it would go into diabetic shock unless it were balanced by maybe adding a couple of Minnesota's to the mix. Sort of a Yin to our Yang (Nudge, nudge)

Originally posted by Boo_Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Lars:

I don't think the universe is ready for such a huge amount of wonderfulness. I think it would go into diabetic shock unless it were balanced by maybe adding a couple of Minnesota's to the mix. Sort of a Yin to our Yang (Nudge, nudge) </font>

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Lars:

I don't think the universe is ready for such a huge amount of wonderfulness. </font>

Originally posted by Jim Boggs:

10 Ohios + 2 Minnesotas = 1 Florida

And what criteria of measurement are you using, my pointy headed little bean counter? What methodology are you employing in your assigning of values, oh denizen of the wrinkled lands?

Is it a per capita assessment of old farts to young and lithsome babes? Is it size of Palmetto bugs? Number of trailer parks? Hmmmm, little gadfly?

Who does this one belong to, anyway? I know he shucked and jived his way out of becoming a squire to kornpone, thereby dodging one massive bullet, unfortunately, but does anyone claim responsibility now?

Is he a stray?

Was anyone else stupid enough to actually run that idiotic program that Geier sent to some of us?

My GAWD that thing is worse than watching paint dry ... worse because at the end of the paint drying you have a painted surface that serves a PURPOSE!

That damn thing has been running for a couple of hours now and is still on the PROLOGUE!

Joe

Originally posted by v42below:

I assume, by the very existence of your response, that I am not yet on the list. I look forward to being put on the list in the near future.

[scribbles something in the Paddock Book of Listless Plonkers... ]

Yer on me list... under...

[scribble, scribble, scribble]

...hmmmm

[scribble]

Kokos

[... and with a *honk* and at a trot something does several turns around the Paddock to a croaky Sullivan, nostrils vibrato forte]

As some day it may happen that a victim must be found,

I've got a little list--I've got a little list

Of society offenders who might well be underground,

And who never would be missed--who never would be missed!

There's the pestilential nuisances who write for autographs--

All people who have flabby hands and irritating laughs--

All children who are up in dates, and floor you with 'em flat--

All persons who in shaking hands, shake hands with you like _that_--

And all third persons who on spoiling tete-a-tetes insist--

They'd none of 'em be missed--they'd none of 'em be missed!

CHORUS. He's got 'em on the list--he's got 'em on the list;

And they'll none of 'em be missed--they'll none of

'em be missed

*sniff* thrilling, bleedin' thrilling... one just can't get enough of existence... assumed or otherwise (which isn't a lot)... its all just too dreadful and weary when one has to compile a list of one.

Yeknod

[ July 16, 2003, 02:37 PM: Message edited by: Yeknodathon ]

Is he a stray?

Ah yes, one can always count on the good Radley to filter through the sewage to find the golden ring.

Alas, I had hoped to be squired to someone from Ohio that had absolutely no comprehension or literary ability.

Someone who on the IQ scale would register below belly-button lint.

Someone whose postings gave the same emotion that comes from seeing your dog unload his Alpo on the carpet.

Someone whose name rhymes with YOU

Did it happen? NO

Comparing the two scenarios, I am reminded of poker:

A stray beats a flush

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Was anyone else stupid enough to actually run that idiotic program that Geier sent to some of us?

Joe

Uh, Joe, apparently you were the only one.

[edited to remove redundancy]

[ July 16, 2003, 02:13 PM: Message edited by: Jim Boggs ]

I don't know, the more I think about this game the more I think that Geier may actually be onto something.

Tired of click fest games, then Progress Quest is for you.

Annoyed with having to micro-manage your characters, then Progress Quest is for you.

Testy from trying to remember complicated rulesets, then Progress Quest is for you.

Here's a segment of the rules:

Game controls

Progress Quest belongs to a new breed of "fire and forget" RPG's. There is no need to interact with Progress Quest at all; it will make progress with you or without you.

You can quit Progress Quest by using the window close box, or by hitting <Alt>-<F4> (hold down the <Alt> key while hitting <F4>), but there is really little need to ever do so. Please note that your character will not make any progress except when Progress Quest is running. Your character will make no progress once you quit the program, until you start Progress Quest again.

Keyboard quick reference

Key Description

Alt-F4 Exit Progress Quest

As you can see ... it's the PERFECT game for Australians.

Progress Quest

Joe

Originally posted by Jim Boggs:

Alas, I had hoped to be squired to someone from Ohio that had absolutely no comprehension or literary ability.

Someone who on the IQ scale would register below belly-button lint.

Someone whose postings gave the same emotion that comes from seeing your dog unload his Alpo on the carpet.

Someone whose name rhymes with YOU

Did it happen? NO

Comparing the two scenarios, I am reminded of poker:

A stray beats a flush

Ooooh, is it a teaser. Precious? Is the Boggsssss a teasing little minx, Precious? Does it try to flatter usss, Precious, with it's batting eyelashesss and it's forelock tugging?

Should we takes it in, Precious? Should we takes it in someplace dark...and ssssscary? Takes it in and teach it to be a good little Squire? Hmmmmm, Precious?

Darkness falls across the board

the posting hour is near our horde

letters crawl in search of you

to show the wit of Boo

and whosoever shall not be ground

into ashes, to never be found

must stand and face the Olde of Peng

or stay in Coventry to eat ginseng*.

* Ok. Now you try to find a good rhyme for Peng! Pillock. Eater of horse dung. Picker of nits.

Originally posted by Lars:

And just think what it would do to Seanachai to have to call them fellow countrymen.

Should about finish the poor gnome off, I'd imagine.

Why would this be upsetting? They're talking about absorbing them into America, not Minnesota.

You don't think I regard Ohioans and Illinoisans as Landsmann, do you, let alone the bloody Texans and Floridians?