Peng Challenge Telethon a Success – Australia Saved

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by urefinger:

true,

v42 shall we consider assault on moon as our first PBEM game>? i.e. the one map I have played no less than 36 times....(6 total victories, 2 major defeats, 2 ****ty draws and a partridge in a pear tree)

As per my earlier e-mails to you and the information provided in the last paragraph of my post at the top of page 3 of this thread:

1. Unless that is a CMBO scenario, <font size=5>Sod Off</font>.

2. If it is a CMBO scenario, send me a setup.

3. If you're just pissing around and actually have no intention of playing me, see bold text in 1.

no way mate, im not gonna take a stroll down memory lane when I've got cmbb...hold on (starts turn) when you get cmbb i would thoroughly enjoy beating you at "see above"

Now if BFC did a remake of cmbo with the same stuff thats in cmbb THEN i'd play it again.

Originally posted by urefinger:

no way mate, im not gonna take a stroll down memory lane when I've got cmbb...hold on (starts turn) when you get cmbb i would thoroughly enjoy beating you at "see above"

Now if BFC did a remake of cmbo with the same stuff thats in cmbb THEN i'd play it again.

Originally posted by v42below:

As per my earlier e-mails to you and the information provided in the last paragraph of my post at the top of page 3 of this thread:

1. Unless that is a CMBO scenario, Sod Off.

2. If it is a CMBO scenario, send me a setup.

3. If you're just pissing around and actually have no intention of playing me, see bold text in 1.

Please let me know which specific aspect of my instructions you did not understand and I will endeavour to express it in simpler terms.

[ July 18, 2003, 10:32 AM: Message edited by: v42below ]

OK i got confused about cmbo and cmbb and cmqfio (quest for iraqi oil) also sod off does not register, possible options:

dolphin

DOS

offal

DOS offal

dolphin DOS offal

C:/ DOS

C:/ DOS RUN

RUN DOS RUN

small non-descript mining tool

(absoloutly shameless)

If your absoloutly ITCHING for a game I will go on my quest for the legendery lost CMBO (ahhhhh you got proper maunals in those days!) install it and then be promptly whooped for having not played it in a year....

Ladies and gentlemen of the CessPool, it falls to me to perform a sad duty. I am made of stern stuff, as you know, but a tear glistens in my eye and I feel a sob forcing it's way out. Nonetheless I steel myself to this repugnant task.

Boo_Radley is a gamey bastiche!

There ... I said it. It wasn't easy and I didn't want to even think that it might be true but it IS and there's no use in denying it.

A QB, in the fog, armor only and he buys ... FLAMMPANZERS! That's right, that's right you read it correctly ... MORE THAN ONE! AND IN THE FOG!

I was so shocked by my discovery that I fear my normal tactical acumen was stunned like a beef steer struck down by a mallet. I may actually lose this match as a result of my inability to believe that he would stoop so low.

Oh yes, he IS from OHIO and that explains much and perhaps I was too trusting, too naive, too ... well too honorable to believe that HE would act so DIShonorably.

I'm sorry to ruin your evening this way but ... I ... I thought you'd want to know.

Joe

Guest PondScum
Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

<font size=-1>I was so shocked by my discovery that I fear my normal tactical acumen was stunned like a beef steer struck down by a mallet.</font>

No change there then.

Well, today is one for the record books. Someone actually got banned for their behavior in the Cess Pool! Amazing. I never thought it would ever happen in my life time, but someone finally came around who thinks this is just some sort of lowbrown swearing flamefest. Even after specific warnings to the contrary. This might not be the most intelligent or polite collection of lunatic ramblings ever seen, but they are civilized in their own twisted way smile.gif And because urefinger couldn't figure that out (did I mention he was warned more than once?), he has been excused from class for the rest of the term.

Move along... nothing to see here!

Steve

Mace,

My point exactly, Joebob would have been killed twice by now, fastly approaching a third time.

Rune

Originally posted by Mace:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by rune:

"The Reason the Movie Logan's Run was correct"

Rune, you nong, the use by date in that movie was 30!!!!

Mace </font>

Life at the Front,or how SirReal learned the lesson of false Pride (Finis)

The exhausted Landers wipe the sweat and rain from their brows, as they peer through the trees at the carnage of the battlefield in front of them. Smoking tanks and half tracks stopped just meters in front of their positions, and the bodies of Russian infantrymen, cut down as they attempted to make the dash across open terrain.

The Hauptmann makes the rounds of the hasty defense perimeter, attempting to calculate the losses taken in this, short but intense encounter.

The Landsers police up the battlefield, taking as many PPSh submachineguns as they can find strewn around the area.

The Ivans have melted back into the rainy forest, after taking a pounding they will not soon forget.

Because of their herioc stand, the Landsers of Three Company have allowed the rest of the battalion to slip back west to better defensive positions. They gather up their dead and wounded, and turn to the west, withdrawing quietly from the field, which just minutes ago was a hell on earth.

SirReal has learned the error of false pride, me lads, a MAJOR VICTORY, by the pixeltruppen of yours truly, has sent him packing back to the sauna from whence he came. He made some noises about not having enough turns, but how many turns do you need, with three battalions of infantry supported by tanks and HTs to eventually overwhelm a hastily defended position, manned by two understrength infantry companies and a couple of AT guns?

[ July 18, 2003, 08:14 AM: Message edited by: Nidan1 ]

Originally posted by Nestor:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Nidan1:

....now that you have the bridge, what do you intend to do with it?

ponte_vecchio04.jpg

What do you think? Too much? </font>