ROW III - The Boots & Tracks CMBB Tourney (Part 3)

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a brief updat for my games in my section

Tourney II, Section 3

Hosszupalyi --- Completed

Christmas Battle --- A little slow but almost halfway now.

Debrecen --- About 95% Done

Rear Guard --- 2/3rd's Finished

Beast --- Also 2/3rd's Complete

The only one I might worry about would be Xmas. AT the rate that turns have been exchanged the last couple of weeks, I'd say a few days for Debrecen is left, and maybe between a week or two for Rear Guard and Beast. Hard to judge Xmas since it's been moving in fits and spurts, but I have confidence we should still be good to go.

Rescue from page 3...

Regarding the issue of different scores from different patches, I think the best way to handle it is to use the score that was generated by the 1.01 patch, since this is the version we all started out with.

E-mail me directly if you want to discuss this

Status Report ROW III 3-4

# Rear_Guard_Action

Frenchy vs Space_Hamster

- Progressing - slowly.

# Hosszupalyi

SuperSlug vs Frenchy

- Complete.

# The_Beast

Deadly 88 vs Frenchy

- Complete.

# The_Christmas_Battle

Frenchy vs Ryddle

- nearing end.

# King_Of_Debrecen

Joe_Cz vs Frenchy

- Close to completion.

Oh well.

My rear guard action didn't see a single move until now (only setup). Myself I am swamped by real world stuff and slight unsatisfaction with some CMBB issues.

I would like to call for an extension of the deadline.

Otherwise I have to think whether I have to ask for a replacement for myself. I am positive that my issues with CMBB are only emphasized by the real world pressure. I would much prefer to fight under less pressure.

And as I said, rear guard action, a very long game, has only seen announcements of turns for now, I am waiting. Even if we insert a replacement and hurry up this game will not make the deadline, independently of my slack in the other games.

[ March 04, 2003, 11:33 AM: Message edited by: redwolf ]

Rear Guard has been finished and while it was not quite the way I would have wanted it I respect the wishes of the Cpl.

:(

Thxs Cpl. We will wait until we can discuss this in the open.

As for T, if you are out there we really need an indication that you will complete the games?

MD / Bertram are you still engaged with T?

I do hope he has not gone AWOL and require a Replacement.

:(

KR is still keeping the turns comming so I have no fear about not finishing that game.

Tuomas are you out there???

H

Status Report ROW III 3-4

# Rear_Guard_Action

Frenchy vs Space_Hamster

- Progressing - slowly.

# Hosszupalyi

SuperSlug vs Frenchy

- Complete.

# The_Beast

Deadly 88 vs Frenchy

- Complete.

# The_Christmas_Battle

Frenchy vs Ryddle

- nearing end.

# King_Of_Debrecen

Joe_Cz vs Frenchy

- Complete.

I'm getting a bit worried myself. Michael Dorosh hasn't sent a turn for over 2 weeks due to his computer failure but hopefully that will be fixed very soon as we're only one third the way through KoD at best. Time is a running out!

Bertram is sending turns pretty regularly and expect to be able to finish Rearguard within the stipulated time limit at the current rate of file turnover.

I'm pretty concerned about my game with Tuomas however as we're only averaging 2 turns per week at best in The Beast and still have about half of the turns yet to complete. It seems he just dissappears off the radar for days on end then suddenly re-appears for a couple of days then dissappears again. :(

My game with the Corporal has been copmpleted so at least that one is in the bag. As for H, if it wasn't for his constant whinging I'd be enjoying that game as well. ;) {Note- only kidding}

If any of my opponents feel that there may be a problem completing their game with me within the deadline, please drop me a line via email or post here so I know what's going on.

Thanks

Jim R.

What was the original deadline for the 1st round? Considering the delays caused when the tourney went into limbo for a week or so, I'd be in favaor of adding an extension for some of the games, if needed. I know that I'll possibly need it for one of my games.

Guys,

Effective immediately the tourney deadline is extended by one month. The new deadline is now May 20th. Please pass this on to your section opponents.

Attention Section 1-4

I still do not have any of you in my address book. Please e-mail me your addresses & BBS usernames.

I believe section 1-1 (Wreck's Survivors) may be finished, or nearly finished, with all battles--so we've got a little lull ahead of us before the finals and it would be nice to be able to discuss the scenarios with others in the section to pass the time.

So, two queries:

1. Is section 1-1 now absolutely finished. If not, who's finished with all battles in the section?

2. Is it OK to discuss scenarios and results with others in tourney who've completed all battles, if we've completed them ourselves?

:D

Fellow section 1-1'er here. I'm done with all battles and I think you are right CA that most everyone else in the section has completed every battle. There might be one or two left outstanding. If we did discuss the battles then I would suggest we keep those conversations private in order to maintain FoW for everyone else.

Originally posted by Holien:

Hmmm an extension.

I know Kingfish did this with the best intention and thankyou.

I also do not think this will help for people who should have been working to completing by the original deadline.

Actually in my case I have reason to believe my realworld load in the last four weeks was unusual and it will be better in time for the new deadline.

As for my Rear Guard Action opponent, still no word :(

Hi Redwolf,

My point is that some players might not have the intention or ability to complete no matter what the deadline.

By extending it we might be in the same position at the next deadline.

I was not "having a go" at any player just making an observation.

H

Short update:

Rear Guard Action against Kannonier is about halfway, will be finished on time.

Hosszu against Tuomas is also a bit beyond halfway, but as others noted Tuomas is MIA again. If he turns up soon we should have no problem though.

Xmass against Dorosh is in the last minute, but it has been there for about 3 weeks now, hardwar problems seem to have stuck the jinglebells.

King of .. and The Beast are finished.

Bertram

Originally posted by Juha Ahoniemi:

section 1-1 :

I'm done too. I'd like to discuss about the results privately.

-Juha

We're all done then. SB just told me he's done and Enoch announced his completion on p. 9. With me, Juha, Bimmer and tabpub, that makes everybody. Let the private discussions proceed! And congrats to all my worthy opponents on their promptness and fighting skills. We could actually stage another informal mini-tourney while we're waiting for this one to end.

Originally posted by Holien:

My point is that some players might not have the intention or ability to complete no matter what the deadline.

Yes, I have to agree. I was just pointing out that for me personally the extended deadline kept me in the tourney. And in any case, these somebody else in our section who wouldn't make the deadline no matter what.

My rear guard action partner (Frontovik) didn't react to my latest reminder mails. Kingfish, I hereby declare him as missing and I think we might need a replacement.

Is Frontovik doing business with other people in my section?