ROW III - The Boots & Tracks CMBB Tourney (Part 3)

At the moment I am not loosing to Dorosh and Tuomas. And that is because they are not sending turns. How is it? Can I expect some carnage from you two soon?

Bertram

As an edit: even if you send turns, I won't be able to answer, as my outgoing email is down.

BR

[ February 03, 2003, 04:07 PM: Message edited by: Bertram ]

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nolloff,

I'm about two days from finishing the AAR on our battle "The Beast." The long time is not because I have a better product, but because I have been busy dealing with Real Life (and taking Seahawk behind the woodshed, nervously wringing my hands with Ron and Jim, and mildly being rebuked by CDAT).

Sorry Seahawk! Just kidding! Far from over!

Actually, this AAR was very interesting. We both have some unique perspectives, and seem to have both made critical mistakes. Like I've always been taught, it comes down to the training and actions of individual soldiers. I will copy you when I send it of course.

Our section is doing very well. Ron, please respond whenever possible. I'm dying over here!

Update:

King of the Castle - Turn 6? Ryddle is travelling more than playing ;>)

Christmas - Turn 12? He is sending the turns, but I think he forgot to send the troops

Rear Gaurd - Turn 15-18? Moving along

Hossy Possy - Turn 14? Darn Fog

Beast I am - Turn 10? Moving along

Plenty of time till Easter

Great Tournament - First time player in ROW series. Kudos to Treeburst155 & Winecape

Tourney 2, Sec. 3 - Update

Hosszupalyi vs. vallhallan - finished

King of Debrecan vs. a1steaks - finished

Christmas Battle vs. MrSpkr - turn 25 (and yes, merrily rhyming along! Not my eye I'm shooting out either!)

The Beast vs. endit - turn 3 moving along now.

Rear Guard vs. Mikeydz - turn 16 but haven't recieved a turn since the 19th. You still out there Mikeydz??

Originally posted by wellsonian:

Nolloff,

I'm about two days from finishing the AAR on our battle "The Beast." The long time is not because I have a better product, but because I have been busy dealing with Real Life (and taking Seahawk behind the woodshed, nervously wringing my hands with Ron and Jim, and mildly being rebuked by CDAT).

Take your time!

Haven´t heard from Ron in a while too. He seems to be on a business trip or something.

Nolloff

Fellow Opponents Section 3-4. My Mailbox is being bombarded by emails at a rate of 1 a minute from a friend of mine. We believe its a DoS attack originating from his ISP. I am not the only one affected by it.

If you get messages bounced back it's because of this. We are aware of the problem and trying to get it resolved.

Hopefully no game time will be lost.

In the meantime games progressing. Hozzi something battle close to being finished.

Gentlemen,

To date I have received the game results for the following matchups:

King of Debrecen

SlicerW vs Mr Byte

Nolloff vs Seahawk

Sgt CDAT vs Wellsonian

Jaws vs Joakim

Heavy Drop vs Mick_OZ

Scheer vs Wade_PM

The Beast

Mr Byte vs Stoneage

Wellsonian vs Nolloff

Holien vs Bertrtam

Juha Ahoniemi vs Combined Arms

Jon_L vs Jeb

Enoch vs Bimmer

Sripe vs Jaws

Wadepm vs Nidan1

U8led vs TexasToast

Michael Dorosh vs Cpl carrot

Hosszupalyi

Michael Dorosh vs Holien

Combined Arms vs Enoch

Matt Green vs Lord Dragon

Flammenwerfer vs Jaws

Vadr vs Cpt T

Sgt CDAT vs Seahawk

Dirty Mark vs Sripe

Stoneage vs Lt Bull

The Christmas Battle

Rearguard action

Nolloff vs Sgt CDAT

Flammenwerfer vs Dirty Mark

TexasToast vs Vadr

If you've finished a battle, and don't see it here, please let me know.

John, any word on your new rig?

Update...

James Crowley your e-mail is bouncing my response. Send me your back up e-mail address.

Cpl Carrot is now an Honuary Brit as he s moaning more than me. If he continues I shall send him on a posting to Australia where he can put it to good effect.

That canny Australian KR is too busy building snow men to attack me.

T the Finn is too busy to even do turns.

:(

H

Originally posted by Sgt CDAT:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Game update for the 1st week.

King of Debrecen vs Wellsonian is completed

Rear Guard Action vs Nolloff is on turn 12

The Beast vs Ron A is on turn 11

Hosszupalyi vs Seahawk is on turn 10

The Christmas Battle vs Cyrano is on turn 9

Game update for the 2nd week.

Rear Guard Action vs Nolloff is on turn 23

The Beast vs Ron A is on turn 13

Hosszupalyi vs Seahawk is on turn 17

The Christmas Battle vs Cyrano is on turn 17

The Beast is bogged down due to work issues for Ron the rest of the games moving along well.

Game update for the 3rd week.

Rear Guard Action vs Nolloff is completed

The Beast vs Ron A is on turn 14 of 24

Hosszupalyi vs Seahawk is on turn 22 of 25

The Christmas Battle vs Cyrano is on turn 23 of 38

</font>

Hey all,

My opponents and I are at about turn 12. (I am writing this from work, so I don't remember everyone's handle and the section I am in).

However, John Kettler, I am waiting for our first round, so please let me know if you are still waiting on anything from me.

In addition, now that Treeburst is MIA, is there someone that we should be reporting to for anything.

I am requesting that whoever "owns" the tourney, please put together some semblance of what is going on now with it in a single spot.

By the way,,,,can particular threads be "tacked/stuck" to the top of a forum?

Thanks all, having a great time. To my opponents, sorry I don't have more time to chat in emails, and am glad to get to know you through your tactics.

To Treeburst, if you are watching...

Please come back. Don't isolate. This is one of the few honorable groups I get to interact with, we need people of your passion.

SgtAbell/CoFRArchangel

In addition, now that Treeburst is MIA, is there someone that we should be reporting to for anything.
Please send all game results and AARs to me. My address is: sc112565@aol.com

I am requesting that whoever "owns" the tourney, please put together some semblance of what is going on now with it in a single spot.
This thread is the single spot. I post all news and updates here.

By the way,,,,can particular threads be "tacked/stuck" to the top of a forum?

Unfortunately, no it cannot (at least by anyone other than the admins)

Originally posted by Nolloff:

When the patch comes out, everybody patches immediately, right?

I feel my question might sound a bit stupid but I´m a bit worried some of us might run into compatibility problems, especially in games with people who are currently MIA.

Cheers!

Nolloff

I would strongly disagree with that. The patch could change how the game plays and therefore make one scenario or another slightly more favorable for one side or another. If the changes favor one side, it is not fair to the people who have already completed the scenario; if the changes make it harder for one side, then it is not fair to those who have not yet finished the scenario. This can throw off the NABLA system because you will have two different source groups, those who finished (or substantially finished) various scenarios, and those who have not.

I think we should agree not to patch until the tournament is completed.

Steve

So who shot who in the what now?!

Jeez ya go away for a few weeks and look what happens.

Well it looks like this popsicle stand is still running albeit under new management.

I am back after a bit more than estimated delay. We are moved into our new location and should be back up and running by the weekend.

Kingfish, I guess you are running things now. Am I still in, if so does my section still look the same as it did a month ago. I will be shifting into high gear next week to get caught up if everyone is still on.

So I guess I will sum up by asking "What the hell is going on?!"

I said it earlier in this thread, but apparently the message didn't register the first time. Everyone who owes me a setup has sent me one, and I have received it. No one owed a setup by me has been sent one, for the usual reason.

Kingfish, I'm told that later this evening I should have some sort of semidefinitive answer on the new rig and its arrival date. We've been waiting for the vital funding check to appear, you see, and my friend is meeting with one of his partners who has the latest info. My friend thinks the shopping expedition will be in a few days. He says this because money has already shown up in the coffers of one of the other businesses involved. His firm gets a percentage of that amount, and part of those funds are designated for computer purchases.

I note that I've had only two responses so far in my foe survey regarding continuing with me or having a replacement step in.

Regards,

John Kettler

Originally posted by MrSpkr:

... This can throw off the NABLA system because you will have two different source groups, those who finished (or substantially finished) various scenarios, and those who have not.

I think we should agree not to patch until the tournament is completed.

Steve

I see you point and I agree. So is there an official word about patching?

Nolloff