A Peng Challenge Thread Coronation: Film of the Rioting at 11

Originally posted by Egbert:

Here in Richmond we're running 30 degrees colder than average. The heater in this place isn't made for sustained cold.

I'm thinkin' of opening the 'fridge to warm the place up a little.

Always fun to watch a southerner complain about the weather.

Here, it just warmed up enough to snow.

Why don't you go for a drive on the lake ice? Embrace the season, that's the trick.

SSN Hint Of The Day: Leave bureau drawers and file cabinets open.

Now sod off.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Lars:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Egbert:

Here in Richmond we're running 30 degrees colder than average. The heater in this place isn't made for sustained cold.

I'm thinkin' of opening the 'fridge to warm the place up a little.

Always fun to watch a southerner complain about the weather.

Here, it just warmed up enough to snow.

Why don't you go for a drive on the lake ice? Embrace the season, that's the trick.

SSN Hint Of The Day: Leave bureau drawers and file cabinets open.

Now sod off. </font>

...and now for a Gamey Update!

Delta Dalem has the absolute gamiest tank crews I've ever seen. Russians getting off the first shot against veteran Panzer crews? The game is rigged I tell you!

I am about to unveil my nefarious plan against Nidan1 in all it's evil glory. He is toast and does not know it.

Lord Git continues to wage a battle of attrition using German armor. Unortunately, it's worked for him so far. That's OK though, the hammer is about to fall there as well. Hortlund would have loved this one for his quest...

Has anyone seen Die Justicar? His horses are prepared and the stables are ship-shape.

Oh yeah, Sod Off

Edited so I can say: especially you Qbert

[ January 24, 2003, 12:13 PM: Message edited by: Vadr ]

I was hoping some pinhead would volunteer. I see you fit the descritpion. Are you too chicken to cross the road? Well, I guess not, your chicken is just frozen in the ditch. Me thinks you must be more of a standoff and toss snowballs type. All you can safely gloat about is the weather. C'mon, I'll be easy on ya.

Sorry, I shall have to decline. I'm not picking up anymore battles currently and trying to finish others up.

See, unlike you, I was smart enough to book a flight long ago to Cancun in February.

Perhaps when I get back.

P.S. – leave the tap running a trickle to keep the pipes from freezing, but then again, looks like you're off to the hardware store to buy heat tape...

P.S. – leave the tap running a trickle to keep the pipes from freezing, but then again, looks like you're off to the hardware store to buy heat tape... [/QB]

Did that, didn't work, I'm renting as we just moved to this city so I'm not spending anything. Owner pays for the water so I just ran the nearest taps 'til it unfroze.

I have reviewed my tease (couldn't even call it a decent taunt) and note your excuse. I will await your return. In the meantime, I'd like to retract my pansy mention and try again. You see I've been in too good a mood lately to add vinegar.

Ah, so you think the Gentlemen of the South whine? I would expect no less than a complete misread by one who wishes toward yankdom. You pusillanimous twit, I was passing info, not baying for your approval.

Your general attitude of selfish non-emnity is appalling, your words- an affront to the manhood of the South. Draw your pointy things and poke at my clanky things. Since you have so much in common with the communists, choose them as your heroes, make it winter, early in the war, to give yourself the best chances, and attack me once again.

That's if you can push aside enough of the skirts you hide behind to even reach a keyboard. At least your women are hearty, they must be to layer all those clothes with which they stay warm, since their men won't help.

BTW, don't forget the silly little hats with earflaps, I promised my wife I'd capture a dozen or so.

edited because Vadr is so deathly afraid I've forgotten about him.

[ January 24, 2003, 02:52 PM: Message edited by: Egbert ]

Nong, I said ladies, not little girls. Our appeal doesn't kick in so much 'til after they hit the harmonal stages.

Whereas right now is the peak time for you. Keep at it, you'll get one. I'm really optomistic for you.

yeh yeh, we know, mass exodus of Aussie women to... yadda yadda yadda. Female Immigration que's miles long as... yadda yadda yadda.

We don't really mind because it means we spread the Aussie genepool across the world, and we soon will be in the position for our planned globaldomination!

<font size = 4> Muahahahahahahahahahahaha! </font>

Better yet, you got OGSF as part of the deal as well.

Now who will join with me in a Chorus of

uber uber tie me kangaroo down sport?

Mace

Originally posted by Boo_Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Snarker:

Oh... A Pennsyltoonian...I knew I loathed and detested you for a reason.

Stealer's fan.

Person who says "Y'ins" because the plural of "you" is too difficult is too difficult to pronounce.

An entire state where the Amish are the more technically advanced.

I really wish we could just give you guys to France and be done with it. </font>

Give us to France? They won't have us, for we smell worse than they do. And we won't have you, for you have Cleveland.

Expect a setup shortly, for you have finally crossed the line with the ultimate insult. Never call a Cowboy fan a Steelers fan. Sacrilege, by god!!!!

Originally posted by Lars :

No, they screw up good bourbon by putting mint leaves in it.

... snipped to save the children

I am impressed, seems there is hope for you. But, when done correctly, it is heavenly. Unfortunately the masses cannot produce the elixor. Stay far away from the souvenir stands on this matter, leave that to the NewJ Orkers.

Since you've redeemed yourself a bit and at least stand up for a good bourbon, if you ever get the chance to visit the region on a hot sunny day (no other will do), I will break out the silver (The recipe absolutely requires silver) and display why it is not blasphemous when done properly. Even then, a prayer to the whisky gods is in order.

'Til then, you're still a pretender, your trip to Cancun a massive mistake, none and yet again, none of the charm shall be yours. As well, you've missed the mark and are traveling too far south. Not that I'm surprised, mind you, just concerned. I am afraid you'll come back and consider yourself a gentleman, then, you'll give as a bad name.

Then again, with a name like Lars you won't be fooling anyone.

Originally posted by Gaylord Focker:

My T-34 was just char broilled by a very rude Soviet unit, kids these days...smashing mail boxes and lighting tanks on fire, on top of all that we don't even have any marshmellows, nothing but turnips on a stick to roast.

Well if they toasted the T-34 I assume they were upset 'cause you stole it from them.

Geez, it's like getting upset 'cause the cops took back the money you stole.

Originally posted by Snarker:

Expect a setup shortly, for you have finally crossed the line with the ultimate insult. Never call a Cowboy fan a Steelers fan. Sacrilege, by god!!!!

Yeah, it's like calling a moron an idiot. They can be so touchy at times.

Oh, and I just chewed up and spat out LEEEEO! in a little ME I devised. Now he's got us blundering through the landscape at night with fog. Imagine his distress when I pluck his cabbage leaves again, one by one.

Feel the pain.

See, unlike you, I was smart enough to book a flight long ago to Cancun in February.

Perhaps when I get back.

Lars, I believe that going to places like this is inherently wrong. I have a simple scale by which I determine whether I will actually visit a place:

If they speak English, and have very small vermin, I can visit there.

It they speak English, and have large insects, than other factors will come into play, but they remain in consideration.

If they do not speak English, but the vermin are small, then they are very likely. The determining factor will be their beer or wine.

If they do not speak English, and the vermin are very large, then I will not go there.

An example: Germany is not an English speaking nation, but the vermin are very small. The beer is good. I would visit Germany.

By this scale, as another example, I would not visit Brazil, because they have very large insects, and they do not speak English.

Finally, I would not visit Texas because the inhabitants are non-English speaking large vermin, making them the most horrible place on earth.

As you can see, by this simple but elegant method of determination, you are making a serious error.

Reconsider.

...your words- an affront to the manhood of the South.

No doubt. Things like clean underwear and personal hygiene probably are, as well.

If you lot decide to attempt to Secede again, we've all reconsidered and you have our blessing. Wished we'd thought the whole thing through more clearly the first time.

Originally posted by Seanachai :

No doubt. Things like clean underwear and personal hygiene probably are, as well.

If you lot decide to attempt to Secede again, we've all reconsidered and you have our blessing. Wished we'd thought the whole thing through more clearly the first time.

My good man, all hygene is personal.

As for the rest, feel free to kick us out, by force if necessary.

Originally posted by Boo_Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Croda:

THIS JUST IN:

I may (or may not - my preference you slack-ass) be requesting games and doling out bushels of misery in the very near future.

The line to begin larnin' yer lessins begins here:

<---------------------------------------------->

And the line forms right behind me. </font>