CMHQ: There are Updates, and then there are UPDATES

Manx

CMMOS V3.0 anyone? And how about 116 (yeah, you read that right - 116!) CMMOS mods, many of which have never been released previously, including Marco Bergmans latest Shermans.

Thanks as always to Gordon for bringing us CMMOS, and to all the rest of the Mod Crew for making it neccessary for us to need it.

ENJOY!

Oh boy, I must of been on CMHQ while you were loading up the page because when I pressed refresh on my browser,....IT WAS ALL THERE! I just downloaded it and came back to the forum to see if you had posted anything yet and wow I find this....Oh boy I have to put the coffee down now, I have to stop .....OH BOY thank you soooo very much Manx!!!!!!! Thank you very much Gordon and all you Modders!!!

BTW, Do I download everything on the list,...because I thought I had a few of the mods which were there. Anywho, I'll be giving my hard drive quite a work out tonite!

Thank you so much!

Dave

[ 12-12-2001: Message edited by: Capt Canuck ]</p>

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Capt Canuck:

BTW, Do I download everything on the list,...because I thought I had a few of the mods which were there.

Dave

[ 12-12-2001: Message edited by: Capt Canuck ]<hr></blockquote>

A very good question. I'm not entirely sure. smile.gif

Here is the file list and descriptions that Gordon sent me -- it must have got jumbled up or something, because this is how it was formatted and how it appeared in the email -

Bergman_Stuarts_CMMOS_hr.zip - Updates and coallesces Marco's original (batch file) M5A1/M8/T8/Stuart/StuRoo mods and includes the "missing" textures (includes "new-style" documentation). Bergman_Stuarts_CMMOS_lr.zip Buildings_Gunslinger_v1.1_CMMOS_lr.zip - Update: includes some missing textures from original CMMOS compilation. Buildings_Richard_Tremblett_v1.1_CMMOS_lr.zip - Update: includes some missing textures from original CMMOS compilation. GEM_Assault_Boat_CMM_hr.zip - My smallest mod. :) GEM_Camo_Churchills_v2.0_CMMOS_hr.zip - Black camo version of Shane's new Churchills. GEM_Camo_M4_CMMOS_hr.zip - With CMMOS v3.00 supports both Black/Olive Drab and Field Drab/Olive Drab simultaneously and includes aerial recognition panels. GEM_Camo_M4_CMMOS_lr.zip GEM_Camo_Sexton_v1.1_CMMOS_hr.zip - Update to allow selection between camo styles within CMMOS. GEM_Camo_Sexton_v1.1_CMMOS_lr.zip GEM_Camo_Stuarts_CMMOS_hr.zip - With CMMOS v3.00 supports both Black/Olive Drab and Field Drab/Olive Drab simultaneously and includes aerial recognition panels. GEM_Camo_Stuarts_CMMOS_lr.zip GEM_Camo_m8_M20_v1.1_CMMOS_hr.zip - With CMMOS v3.00 supports both Black/Olive Drab and Field Drab/Olive Drab simultaneously and includes aerial recognition panels. GEM_Camo_m8_M20_v1.1_CMMOS_lr.zip GEM_DFDR_Churchills_v2.0_CMM_hr.zip - My old low-res DFDR Churchills based on Shane's new Churchills. GEM_Dieppe_Churchill_Cheetah_CMMOS_hr.zip - A Dieppe version of Shane's new Churchills. GEM_ITO_Churchill_v3.0_CMMOS_hr.zip - My old low-res Camo Churchill based on Shane's new Churchills. My old low-res version can probably be removed. GEM_Jeep_CMMOS_hr.zip - Full Monty variant based on Shane's Jeep mod (e.g. US/Cav/Free French/UK/CA, etc.). The whole enchilada. GEM_Jeep_CMMOS_lr.zip GEM_M7_v1.1_CMMOS_hr.zip - With CMMOS v3.00 supports both Black/Olive Drab and Field Drab/Olive Drab simultaneously and includes aerial recognition panels. GEM_M7_v1.1_CMMOS_lr.zip GEM_Winter_Churchills_CMMOS_hr.zip - Snow-covered and whitewashed variants of Shane's Churchills. GEM_Winter_Churchills_CMMOS_lr.zip

GEM_Winter_Jeep_CMMOS_hr.zip - Snow-covered and whitewashed variants of Shane's Jeep. GEM_Winter_PzIV_Ambush_CMMOS_hr.zip - Snow-covered variant of Fernando's Ambush Pz IV. GEM_Winter_PzIV_Hasty_CMMOS_hr.zip - Snow-covered version of my "hasty camo" variant of Fernando's Pz IV. GEM_Winter_PzIV_MonoColor_CMMOS_hr.zip - Snow-covered variant of Fernando's MonoColor Pz IV. GEM_Winter_PzIV_TriColor_CMMOS_hr.zip - Snow-covered variant of Fernando's TriColor Pz IV. GEM_Winter_PzIV_Whitewash_CMMOS_hr.zip - Whitewashed variant of Fernando's Pz IV. GEM_Winter_PzVA_HastyCamo_CMMOS_hr.zip - Snow-covered version of my "hasty camo" variant of Fernando's Pz VA. GEM_Winter_PzVA_MonoColor_CMMOS_hr.zip - Snow-covered variant of Fernando's MonoColor Pz VA. GEM_Winter_PzVA_Whitewash_CMMOS_hr.zip - Whitewashed variant of Fernando's Pz VA. GEM_Winter_PzVG_Ambush_CMMOS_hr.zip - Snow-covered variant of Fernando's Ambush Pz VG. GEM_Winter_PzVG_Hasty_CMMOS_hr.zip - Snow-covered version of my "hasty camo" variant of Fernando's Pz VG. GEM_Winter_PzVG_Makjager_Zimmerit_CMMOS_hr.zip - Snow-covered version of MakJager's variant of Fernando's Pz VG. GEM_Winter_PzVG_MonoColor_CMMOS_hr.zip - Snow-covered variant of Fernando's MonoColor Pz VG. GEM_Winter_PzVG_TriColor_CMMOS_hr.zip - Snow-covered variant of Fernando's TriColor Pz VG. GEM_Winter_PzVG_Whitewash_CMMOS_hr.zip - Whitewashed variant of Fernando's Pz VG. GEM_Winter_PzVGlate_Ambush_CMMOS_hr.zip - Snow-covered variant of Fernando's Ambush Pz VG (late). GEM_Winter_PzVGlate_Hasty_CMMOS_hr.zip - Snow-covered version of my "hasty camo" variant of Fernando's Pz VG (late). GEM_Winter_PzVGlate_MonoColor_CMMOS_hr.zip - Snow-covered variant of Fernando's MonoColor Pz VG (late). GEM_Winter_PzVGlate_TriColor_CMMOS_hr.zip - Snow-covered variant of Fernando's TriColor Pz VG (late). GEM_Winter_PzVGlate_Whitewash_CMMOS_hr.zip - Whitewashed variant of Fernando's Pz VG (late). GEM_Winter_Ram_Kangaroo_CMMOS_hr.zip - Snow-covered and whitewashed variants of theDesertFox's Ram Kangaroo. GEM_Winter_SdKfz250_BiColor_CMMOS_hr.zip - Snow-covered variant of Fernando's BiColor SdKfz 250 series. GEM_Winter_SdKfz250_MonoColor_CMMOS_hr.zip - Snow-covered variant of Fernando's MonoColor SdKfz 250 series. GEM_Winter_SdKfz250_TriColor_CMMOS_hr.zip - Snow-covered variant of Fernando's TriColor SdKfz 250 series. GEM_Winter_SdKfz250_Whitewashed_CMMOS_hr.zip - Whitewashed variant of Fernando's SdKfz 250 series. GEM_Winter_Sexton_CMMOS_hr.zip - Snow-covered and whitewashed variants of Shane's Sexton. GEM_Winter_StuG_Hasty_CMMOS_hr.zip - Snow-covered variant of Fernando's StuG/StuH. GEM_Winter_StuG_MonoColor_CMMOS_hr.zip - Snow-covered version of my MonoColor variant of Fernando's StuG/StuH. GEM_Winter_StuG_TriColor_CMMOS_hr.zip - Snow-covered variant of Fernando's StuG/StuH. GEM_Winter_StuG_Whitewash_CMMOS_hr.zip - Whitewashed variant of Fernando's StuG/StuH. GEM_Winter_Stuarts_CMMOS_hr.zip Snow-covered and whitewashed variants of Marco's Stuart (et al) including the various new textures (above) as appropriate. GEM_Winter_Stuarts_CMMOS_lr.zip Winter_Buildings_Tanks_a_Lot_CMMOS_hr.zip - Tanks a Lot's new winter buildings. Winter_Buildings_Tanks_a_Lot_CMMOS_lr.zip

Might be worth cutting/pasting/printing this lot out.

Included on the page is the recommended-for-Mac version of my Sherman I/III/V mod,

Bergman_si_siii_sv_lite.zip (6.91MB)

which is suitable for cherry-picking for MAc users, since it contains a Sherman I 3pc, a Sherman I cast, A Sherman III 56deg, a Sherman III 47deg, a Sherman III with track-armour and a Sherman V, plus aerial recog. panels and bloc textures, with full instructions for what texture goes with what.

This mod has been put together in such a way that it is also CMMOS compatible, for those who only want to swap nationalities without having to download 24MB of files.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Marco Bergman:

Included on the page is the recommended-for-Mac version of my Sherman I/III/V mod,

Bergman_si_siii_sv_lite.zip (6.91MB)

which is suitable for cherry-picking for MAc users, since it contains a Sherman I 3pc, a Sherman I cast, A Sherman III 56deg, a Sherman III 47deg, a Sherman III with track-armour and a Sherman V, plus aerial recog. panels and bloc textures, with full instructions for what texture goes with what.

This mod has been put together in such a way that it is also CMMOS compatible, for those who only want to swap nationalities without having to download 24MB of files.<hr></blockquote>

Thank God, I almost had a hart attack when I saw that I had to download like three files.

Okay, you may continue.

Just removed some of the downloads that are either still undergoing testing or are now redundant.

CMMOS_RuleSet004_Alpha.zip

Fernando_PSW234s_MonoColor_CMMOS_hr.zip

Fernando_PSW234s_BiColor_CMMOS_hr.zip

GEM_PSW234s_TriColor_CMMOS_hr.zip

GEM_PSW234s_Hasty_CMMOS_hr.zip

GEM_PzIVs_Hasty_CMMOS_hr.zip

Fernando_StuGs_MonoColor_CMMOS_hr.zip

Fernando_StuGs_TriColor_CMMOS_hr.zip

GEM_StuGs_Hasty_CMMOS_hr.zip

si_siii_sv_rulesets

si_siii_sv.zip

There's still over 100 left though! :D

Incredible job by all.

One question. I just downloaded Makjager's new Jagdpanther but realized there wasn't a ruleset for it. When I went back to CMHQ it appeared the mod had been removed from the list. Is there a problem with it or just missing a ruleset?

Thanks

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by highlife:

Incredible job by all.

One question. I just downloaded Makjager's new Jagdpanther but realized there wasn't a ruleset for it. When I went back to CMHQ it appeared the mod had been removed from the list. Is there a problem with it or just missing a ruleset?

Thanks<hr></blockquote>

Okay, here's the latest on whats been removed, and more importantly, WHY?:

Buildings_BTS_CMMOS_lr.zip - obsoleted by new feature of CMMOS v3.00 to load BMPs from CD or backup directory.

Buildings_Gunslinger_CMMOS_lr.zip - obsoleted by - Buildings_Gunslinger_v1.1_CMMOS_lr.zip

Buildings_Richard_Tremblett_CMMOS_lr.zip - obsoleted by - Buildings_Richard_Tremblett_v1.1_CMMOS_lr.zip

CMMOS_Ruleset020.zip - Not ready for release yet - double check with Makjager.

Makjager_JgPzV_GreenCammo.zip - Also please double check with Makjager.

CMMOS_Ruleset501.zip - RuleSets get installed under the CMMOS installation directory, not the BMP folder. You may want to list these separately.

GEM_Assault_Boat_CMM_hr.zip - Not a CMMOS mod, just a simple CM Mod Manager mod.

GEM_DFDR_Churchills_v2.0_CMM_hr.zip - Not a CMMOS mod, a CM Mod Manager mod.

GEM_BlackCamo_Priest_CMMOS_hr.zip & GEM_FieldDrabCamo_Priest_CMMOS_hr.zip - obsoleted by - GEM_M7_v1.1_CMMOS_hr.zip & GEM_M7_v1.1_CMMOS_lr.zip

Maximus_German_Uniforms_And_Ruleset_CMMOS.zip - Contains "unauthorised" mods

GEM_Camo_M8_M20_CMMOS_hr.zip - obsoleted by - GEM_Camo_M8_M20_v1.1_CMMOS_hr.zip & GEM_Camo_M8_M20_v1.1_CMMOS_lr.zip

GEM_Camo_Sexton_CMMOS_hr.zip - obsoleted by - GEM_Camo_Sexton_v1.1_CMMOS_hr.zip & GEM_Camo_Sexton_v1.1_CMMOS_lr.zip

What started off as being probably the biggest single CM update looks like it could turn out to be the smallest ever! :D

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by highlife:

Incredible job by all.

Thanks<hr></blockquote>

That one is not ready yet. I believe Manx removed it, and a few others that are still in beta testing, so you were just a bit too fast for him.

Shame on you, Manx. Teasing people like that. ;)

Right, sorry for any confusion. All these files where originally placed in one directory that i thought contained all the CMMOS stuff waiting to be released to the community. However, after i had announced and released the d/l info, it turns out that the folder also houses untested and redundant files - hence the mix up.

ps. - i have suggested that in future, untested and RFR mods should be kept separate. tongue.gif

[ 12-12-2001: Message edited by: Manx ]</p>

Yes, I'd also like to apologize for any confusion. Unfortunately when I got home this evening from a family outing to find a suprise e-mail from Manx stating that he had posted ALL of this :eek: Well, let's just say it's been a mad struggle to catch up. :D

Gordon

Why do I have only the upper row of the categories visible :( (

BOO HOO

After that, THANKS! That update blew my mind, I was getting bored with my stuff already, and to my happy surprise, unlike the last CMMOS, this installed fine, now I just wonder where half the categories are.

It appears I miss the correct rulesets, I lack all german vehicles, streams, grass etc.

I unzipped the 501 ruleset file available from CM HQ (on top of the CMMOS 3 dl list page) on my CMMOS install folder.

Wahh wahh want German vehicles!

[ 12-13-2001: Message edited by: Ligur ]</p>