CMHQ: There are Updates, and then there are UPDATES

Manx

Ligur:

What do you mean by "categories"? The currently available "Tabs" in CMMOS v3.00 are "Commonwealth Vehicles", "US and Free French Vehicles", "Winter Allied Vehicles", "Buildings" and "Markers".

"German Vehicles" featuring Fernando's mods, "Makjager's German Vehicles" and Philippe's magnus opus "Field and Stream" will hopefully all be released very soon.

Gordon

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Gordon:

Ligur:

What do you mean by "categories"? The currently available "Tabs" in CMMOS v3.00 are "Commonwealth Vehicles", "US and Free French Vehicles", "Winter Allied Vehicles", "Buildings" and "Markers".

"German Vehicles" featuring Fernando's mods, "Makjager's German Vehicles" and Philippe's magnus opus "Field and Stream" will hopefully all be released very soon.

Gordon<hr></blockquote>

Gordon (and Manx),

Thanks, that is what I ment, I looked at a screenshot in the readme for CMMOS and thought the category tabs I was "missing" ARE already released (with the Rulese501 zip) =)

So no problem, thanks, only my ignorance.

Great work guys! I can't wait for the release of the rest! This tool is, simply put, amazing.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Speedbump:

I believe the link to Buildings_Panzertruppen_CMMOS_lr leads to _hr instead.

Speedbump

Thank goodness for a highspeed line at work!<hr></blockquote>

My fault. It was late, and i had consumed copious amounts of alcohol beforehand -- mix tiredness and that and anyone can make mistakes. It's fixed now anyway. Thanks.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Pvt. Ryan:

The CMMOS page looks kind of Manxish. A sign of things to come at CMHQ? Thanks for all the work. It may just be time to reinstall CM to clean things up a bit. (I know I don't have to.)<hr></blockquote>

hmmm...not really. Here's one proto-type of a very rough draft for a design that has been discarded.

****e !

[ 12-13-2001: Message edited by: Manx ]</p>

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Micheal Wittman:

Hello, what's a ruleset and what do I do with it?

<hr></blockquote>

A ruleset is what applys a particular CMMOS mod or option. You really don't need to now anything more about rulesets than that. You don't do anything with them directly. They are behind the scenes and run CMMOS (i.e. apply the mods).

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>

Should I down laod all the files?

<hr></blockquote>

You don't have to. Most buttons will become disabled if you do not have a particular mod installed.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>

and do I need to run CMMO3 every time I start a new battle?

Reason being I may not be so informed as to what might be the appropreite unit match up to run.

Thank You for your help!

<hr></blockquote>

No. If you have a "look" you like for your vehicles/buildings/uniforms or whatever, it is not necessary to change before every battle. The only time it might be advisable to change before you start a new battle is if you were playing a battle as a Commonwealth nation and are now playing as the US or Free French. This is because of BMP file sharing for some vehicles (Stuarts, Shermans, halftracks, and so on).

Hope this helps...

[ 12-13-2001: Message edited by: sitzkrieg ]</p>

Hi...what a burst of activity that caused :D

Regarding my Jagdpanther mod....that is NOT THE FINAL version.

The worst thing about being a meddler is well...meddeling ;)

There are some things that i want to improve..minor stuff..but all the same it would bug me so i spent a lot of time yesterday redoing stuff...still doing some more tonight and even more over the weekend.

I have now added the option of camouflaged wheels to the zimm/ un zimm variants of the green/red brown/ ambush mods. They also have yet to be "winterized" with snow.

Ruleset.....that will be released with the mods asap smile.gif

regards

MÃ¥kjager

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Manx:

hmmm...not really. Here's one proto-type of a very rough draft for a design that has been discarded.

****e !

[ 12-13-2001: Message edited by: Manx ]<hr></blockquote>

Manx why are you not putting the FO reports on the home page/ front page? As soon as you make more links people are less likely to look at them. May be this is just a problem I am seeing.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by c3k:

Manx, Gordon,

I think the "CMW_Sexton_batch_files.zip" is non-CMMOS. Another errant entrant?

Thanks again guys,

Ken<hr></blockquote>

It works with CMMOS. The zip just has the old batch file system included with it. It has all the necessary suffixes attached to the .bmps so it will switch.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Manx:

My fault. It was late, and i had consumed copious amounts of alcohol beforehand -- mix tiredness and that and anyone can make mistakes. It's fixed now anyway. Thanks.<hr></blockquote>

Alcohol is a sure way to succeed when you have to do very large and complicated file managing jobs which include moving, packing, linking and naming them correctly =) =)

Kidding aside, tremendous job.

Hmm, minor problems, but maybe you want to know. Of the mods I've tried, US Army works fine, and so does Free French but that is about it. For example changing to US Army black/olive drab only transforms the Jeep files. US Cavalry only changes Stuarts and Greyhounds to Cav. All the Commonwealth variants I've tried don't seem to work: Trying, for example, Guard Division, leaves me with US Army hulls and Commonwealth Turrets on my Shermies =)

I had similar problems ages age with Bergmann's batch files. Having just installed everything by unzipping its a bitch to start making sense out of the jumble of files. What is really what? Why do my British tanks have US hulls? If I cherry pick US Cavalry variants are they REALLY the correct bmp files or will I get a mix of Polish turrets with 4th Armored hulls? (note: no problems with Poles, that was a joke).

Appears a bunch of files are not named correctly =P

Anyone else have these problems? Having just installed everything by unzipping stuff on my BMP folder, and having installed all the updates for rulesets I'm at loss. Have my BMP filenames gone horribly wrong at some distant point in the past?

I considered overwriting my whole BMP folder with the originals and installing the various mods one by one to find out where it goes wrong.

Don't take this as whining, I really appreciate the load of work you guys have put up on your free time for the enjoyment of all!

Ligur,

Just a guess, but did you put all that new, wonderful CMMOS stuff in a clean install, or did you already have some of the original files overwritten from other mods? I keep a clean copy of the bmp directory, with only a few special effects, menu interfaces, or portaits overwritten, so I can copy it back over when other CMMOS mods are available, such as terrain effects, fireflys, tigers etc. This allows me to use non-CMMOS mods to fill in the gaps. Just a guessas to what the problem might be!

Many thanks to all who made CMMOS 3 happen, and to all the modders whose great work is appreciated!

Regards

RE: CMMOS v3.0,

Is everyone having problems or is it just a tiny minority? Whatever these gremlins may be, let's try and narrow it down a little.

Also, one thing i should point out - CMHQ is ONLY the host for CMMOS V3 and it's mods, and while we will always try to help out, we cannot support any program/mod better than the person who made it. While i personally know a lot about this particular program, i am not the best person to sort out any difficulties that some of you may be having. AFAIK, all the links on CMHQ are pointing to the right files, so no more email to me please.

Nick,

I must admit my BMP folder was a bit messy before I started unloading all the 3.0 stuff, and if, indeed, everyone else has everything working properly then I better just do a nice, clean install and start anew.

Just encountered a tri-color Stuart... But not a camouflaged one, instead it was made from several different shades of armor and had wild markings that claimed it was from a weird US-Brit hybrid nation! Duh. I always break everything ;(

"Hybridisation" of Stuarts and Shermans is due to the sharing of the 75mm turret textures between the M4s (US and Free French) and the Sherman II (Commonwealth). Similarly, the M5A1/M8 HMC and the Stuart Mk V also share a variety of textures which can cause problems (which is why there's an option for the Stuarts to provide "US-compatible" colors for the Commonwealth Stuarts (see the Stuarts Advanced option).

Regarding the M3A1s, I just checked them on my system and they seem to be working. Whenever anyone has these sorts of problems, please e-mail me (gordonemolek@earthlink.net) a copy of file CMMOSLog.txt and a description of the behavior you're seeing and I should be able to figure out what the issue is.

Thanks,

Gordon