CM2 demo

Anyone had same problem as me? In demo I had two PzIII-H flanking that dreaded KV2 and from point blank (around 60 meters both, one from left, one from right side) they couldn't penetrate KV2's side armour. I tried to close assault it with engineers but they panicked when KV2 fired its 150mm gun. What should I do? Please help, I'm frustrated.

Porajkl

Porajkl,

I have pretty much discarded the idea of killing it with 50/L42 Pz III's. The normal AP bounces and as soon, it seems, as I fire a Pz.G. 40 round the main gun jams due to that case expansion problem.

My tip is to lay down covering smoke and then close in with infantry or get an 88 into position, the abysmal turn rate of the turret should help you to pull off a close assault.

Not that this will help you, seeing as there is no CM2 demo out there you pokeafunner smile.gif

M.

P.S.

Just a very minor nit, that's a 152 mm gun in the KV-2.

Send in your Maus, of course. Just don't try to crawl it over that bridge, or it'll break through and fall into the river (although you do get cool drowning graphics when this happens). Go the long way instead.

Also, watch out for his Cossack cavalry reinforcements. One charge from those bad boys and your engineers will be crying for their mommies.

You have to take the banana from the wizard on level 7 before you jump into the volcano!!!

Otherwise you'll never be able to defeat the panda on level 42 and get the magic PzGr 40.

[ 04-19-2001: Message edited by: Kurtz ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by FriendlyFire:

Send in your Maus, of course. Just don't try to crawl it over that bridge, or it'll break through and fall into the river (although you do get cool drowning graphics when this happens). Go the long way instead.

Also, watch out for his Cossack cavalry reinforcements. One charge from those bad boys and your engineers will be crying for their mommies.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the tip, but I can't find a Maus. Maybe snake ate it, I don't know. Or maybe I have too small monitor to see it. I'll play as Russian and bring KV2 on that wooden bridge. I think it's heavy enough to see the nice drowning effect. Are there any bubbles and noises of drowning men? Or do local Baywatch guards come from the shore and rescue my brave comrades? I must see, I must see!

:D

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Olle Petersson:

I'm trying to download it tongue.gif, but GetRight just says "waiting for a response"...

Been doing that for the last couple of months now... :(

Cheers

Olle<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, no, no. Don't use any download manager like Getright or Gozilla. It didn't work for me too until I disabled Getright. Now I am very happy CMer

:D:D

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stacheldraht:

I still can't believe how cool the real-time dynamic lighting looks during night battles. Based on what Steve has said here, I never thought they'd bother with deformable terrain either. Try area fire with the Karl and see how big a hole you can make--lots of fun!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I suggest you play a night battle with storm option ON. Wow, it was so amazing, those lightnings flying from the sky and crashing to ground. Once I forgot one sniper under a lone tree in open ground. And then come holy lightning and guess what - it fried him. Unbelievable! Can't wait to play complete game!

smile.gif

Nonsense, nonsense...

Nobody sees the BIGGEST BUG in this demo.

The russian mine dogs are unable to track multiple german tanks!!

This enables a gamey axis player to use cheap elite Tigers for armoured wave attacks against russian defenses!

And did anybody compare the max speed of those dogs to real life?

My Kampfdackel runs at least twice as fast as those bolchevist conscript dogs...

FIX OR DO SOMETHINK!

Otherwise the demo rocks, of course.

:D

I am playing the Stalingrad scenario and I am trying to set up an ambush with several heavy MG34 teams hidden in the sewer that runs under the tractor factory, but the AI keeps taking over forcing the MGs to run all over the place. Heavy MG teams should not be able to run! I think a patch is needed.

My problem with the demo is my HMG teams are running faster then my armed-with-broomsticks conscripts. This makes it difficult to setup suppressing fires to support my unarmed troops and the commissars keep shooting them.

The only other gripe I have is the tank turret pop-off on a critical hit. The KVII turret gains the same alltitude as a MKIII turret, clearly this is not realistic.

Fix or do somefink!