this has been asked before, but time to ask it again, What is your fav. CM scenario?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jackson44dday:

well?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

For sheer quality matched with quantity I'd have to say that the "No Rest For the Weary" and "Any Port in A Storm" minicampaigns by Patrick Ware have to be some of the best scenarios I've ever played.

They are actually series of scenarios indended to be played in sequence, so I mention them all at once. I think No Rest has 8 battles and Any Port has 6.

I'm kind of a broken record on the subject of these mini-campaigns and recommend them at any opportunity.

If anyone is tired of hearing me go on about them, I do apologize, but I have to say that I never had more fun playing CM than I did when I played these.

Others that I've really enjoyed are Wiltz, Chambois, Chance Encounter, 21st Panzer Attacks, Valley of Trouble 2 and Relieving the Rangers. Most of those are Wild Bill scenarios. Imagine that.

[ 04-18-2001: Message edited by: Terence ]

I have enjoyed the vaious battle of the bulge scenarios at Belgian HQ. Having toured the Battle of the Bulge area many years back, I think they did a great job modeling the terrain, etc.

By the way, where can I find Patrick Ware's scenarios/operations listed above? Looked on all my favorite haunts...

Thanks

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Skipper:

Would anyone bother to post a link?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would if I knew one. but I don't. Send me your email address in an email to the email in my profile (got all that??) and Ill send you the files. I have them all ready to go.

i'd have to say that my favorite scenario is 21st Panzer attacks(operation). I just loved the small, company sized engagements in the first couple of battles. It's a nice thing to actually worry about your men and the next battle for a change. I think this is the only operation where you need to keep your first available formations alive until reinforcements arrive. I just loved it.

Parker's Crossroads. An incredibly tough fight for the amis, and the only one in which I really felt sorry for my digital soldiers. I don't remember the author, though.

Saarburg- a way out. I still love leading that battered company to saftey.

Last Defense- I still think the beta version is better, though. Either way, it was enough to name a website after.

Well, I have a few:

Reut Canal by Rune. It is insanely evil. Reportedly it can trigger insanity.

Carentan v2: Came with the game. Great Op, gorgeous map.

21st Panzer Attacks: Great op of reasonable size.

The Battle of Snoops Valleys by Johnno Conancat: not generally availiable yet, but it is a damn fine scenario. Should be availiable at the link in my sig.

WWB

Assenois (Belgian CM site) involves a thrilling calvary-like charge portraying Third Army CCR's 12/26/44 relief of Bastogne. From what I have read, it appears to provide a pretty accurate OOB (including undersized infantry companies)and map.

Please note that EVERYTHING on that site is high quality, but as far as absolute favorites, Assenois stands apart from the rest.

A Long Cold Day - CD

The Patrick Ware Mini-Campaigns (I think I like "No rest" slightly better for presently unarticulated reasons)

A Small Town in Germany (Play as Canadians) - Part of the ASL Scenario Pack

CE - as Germans

[ 04-18-2001: Message edited by: Agua ]

I like Meeting Engagement and Matt Hyra's "Recon - sniper" scenarios.

Wiltz is also pretty fun.

My current favorite, however, is "Hitdorf on the Rhine." It has good gameplay and balance, but it also makes me feel nostalgic. I grew up playing SL/COI/COD/GI:AoV, and this scenario (SL # 10, I think) was one I enjoyed as a kid. Moreover, the CM scenario designer did an EXCELLENT job of matching maps 3 and 4 from teh old SL set. Thanks for the trip down memory lane!

MrSpkr

I'd Say Valley of Trouble. Seeing that I played it so damn much you'd think I'd hate it but it will always have a special place in my heart.

And not to leave out WBW's excellent Fear In the Fog, one of the most memorable fights I ever had. I set up an awsome ambush in that scenario that turned into a real nail biting battle. Probably the two most intense minutes I have had playing the game.

Mord.

Wiltz, St. Anne's Chapel, Oddball's attack out of the tunnel (it's just funny) and Rafflesbrand.

I know VoT is transferable from the Gold demo, but I don't want to download it just to get the scenario. Has it been posted somewhere, or can some kind soul send it my way?

Fear in the Fog and MovLose it certianly are on my list. I also enjoyed "Canyon of Death" and "Island Assault" even though they're both complete bullpoop scenarios, they're loads of fun.

I'd have to say my all time favorite would be "Elsdorf Suprise" though. Winter, KTs, Pershings...not only is it a good historic scenario, but it has a tank slugfest in it too. Just all 'round fun.