this has been asked before, but time to ask it again, What is your fav. CM scenario?

Fear in the Fog is my favorite stand alone.

The two Patrick Ware minis are my favorite campaigns.

Now, about that Hitdorf on the Rhine from SL. Where did you get it? Is there a master file of all the SL (or ASL, etc.) conversions?

I would dearly love to play a few (read that ALL) of them again. :eek:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Horo:

Fear in the Fog is my favorite stand alone.

The two Patrick Ware minis are my favorite campaigns.

Now, about that Hitdorf on the Rhine from SL. Where did you get it? Is there a master file of all the SL (or ASL, etc.) conversions?

I would dearly love to play a few (read that ALL) of them again. :eek:<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll forward it to you if you will send me an email (check my profile). It will be a day or two because I have a 30 page paper due Wednesday at 8:00 am and am only 3/4 finished. :eek:

MrSpkr

OK, three really stand out... Well two dod 'til I saw the previous post! ;)

1. Bridgehead at Benicourt.

2. Merzhausen Zoo - great ASL conversion.

3. Fear in the Fog - well done.

Also, Jason Cawley had done a number of little dinky ones that were meant to be a type of campaign with mismatched forces and unknown events. As far as how much time I spent mulling every option and agonizing for my men, these were far and away the ones I have enjoyed the most. Unfortunatley, Jason got busy and stopped making them :(.

• 2 weeks later...

I really enjoyed Chance Encounter 2 . Its lots of fun. Nothing like a good scenario that makes you use your Panthers wisely. Well its not really that hard of a scenario but its a helluva lot of fun. Makes yu keep your Panthers in hull down. Was fun trying to get my Panthers to survive the whole entire scenario.

Le Lorey-A Hard Stand was lots of fun too. The odds are stacked against you and the bocage makes it tough.

Elsdorf was one of my favorites and definitly my first favorite scenario. Nothing beats a historical heavy taank battle and its in the snow!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CptSwampy:

I have a question: What are the best OPERATIONS to play PBEM games with. Looking for balance and fun.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We are only on 2nd turn of 2nd battle. But sofar I would certainly recommend "Team DeSobry".

Can not remember if it is from the original cd though.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CptSwampy:

I have a question: What are the best OPERATIONS to play PBEM games with. Looking for balance and fun.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not an expert, having only played 8 operations pbem (they take a looong time), but I have found every one to be fun and enjoyable challenges. They aren't without their own peculiarities however, namely the way the game handles the startlines between battles. There's nothing more frustrating as the defender on occasion than to be "pushed back" from defensible terrain into an empty wasteland simply because the attacker butted up next to you. Reducing the size of No-man's land helps, though YMMV. It's something I hope BTS looks into in the future, however with QBs being the fan favourite it seems, I'm not sure how much attention operations will receive. That said, the "Destroy" type operations are probably the most fluid regards startlines. "Team DeSobry" and "Herrisheim" being two that readily come to mind, they are both evenly matched and very enjoyable. "Carentan" and "McKinley's Battalion" aren't "Destroy" operations but are unique and fun as well. Hope that helps...

Ron

Don't mean to start another "can someone please send me the VoT scenario" thread but

Can someone please send me the VoT scenario?

:D

Anyway favorite scenario?

Got to be Move it or Lose it and A Hard Stand