this has been asked before, but time to ask it again, What is your fav. CM scenario?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't played all that many, but I would like to add my vote to the Bulge scenarios mentioned above. Played Assenois and station by email. The first is balanced and very good, the second is unbalanced but still a lot of fun and recommendable.

I'm also playing Patrick Wares Any Port campaign by email against the same opponent - into the third game by now. They have all been very enjoyable - good story, interesting terrain and challenging goals. Highly recommended.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Manx_CM:

sorry..."Bank Holiday Monday" by Frank M. Radoslovich.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is this the same thing as Frank R's "August Bank Holiday"--a terrific, if huge--scenario? Or is it something different, maybe a followup?

Lots of really good scenarios out there... thanks for all the suggestions--some I've played and agree, others I need to try.

BTW, it's interesting to see all the support for Valley of Trouble; I played it to death in my demo days but also still like it. I think it's brilliantly designed to teach the ELEMENTS of CM; most other scenarios tend to feature some elements of the game over others, but this one seems to have all the elements in balance, and the scale is really nice.

[ 04-19-2001: Message edited by: CombinedArms ]

Just to add, GonzoAttacker has put together a batallion-sized scenario named "Knockemalldown" which depicts Aachen. It does an outstanding job of simulating the brutality of urban fighting. It is VERRRY, VERRY good, difficult, lots of surprises, and the a/i does some rather surprising things in it. It is in playtesting right now. If you enjoy Aachen ... Look for it whenever it's released.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CombinedArms:

Is this the same thing as Frank R's "August Bank Holiday"--a terrific, if huge--scenario? Or is it something different, maybe a followup?

Lots of really good scenarios out there... thanks for all the suggestions--some I've played and agree, others I need to try.

BTW, it's interesting to see all the support for Valley of Trouble; I played it to death in my demo days but also still like it. I think it's brilliantly designed to teach the ELEMENTS of CM; most other scenarios tend to feature some elements of the game over others, but this one seems to have all the elements in balance, and the scale is really nice.

[ 04-19-2001: Message edited by: CombinedArms ]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

err..well no...that was in fact a mistake that i made :( which i have since rectified. I did indeed mean "August Bank Holiday".

Just thought i would clear that up before everyone starts asking - "Where can i get this bloody BANK HOLIDAY MONDAY scenario that everyone keeps going on about, i can't find it anywhere!!". smile.gif

[ 04-21-2001: Message edited by: Manx_CM ]

i hate to say it, but "Burpelson Air Force Base": the Dr. Strangelove scenario i made.

i have little in joke "easter eggs" spread throughout, a few surprises(for someone else at least), some fireworks, dr. strangelove movie references obvious and not so obvious, some funny stuff, and a few squads that i know "personally" or at least recognize and made up stories about in my head. plus it is like solving a puzzle in order to succeed in the stated mission. AND i was the one who made it. :D

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by russellmz:

i hate to say it, but "Burpelson Air Force Base": the Dr. Strangelove scenario i made.

i have little in joke "easter eggs" spread throughout, a few surprises(for someone else at least), some fireworks, dr. strangelove movie references obvious and not so obvious, some funny stuff, and a few squads that i know "personally" or at least recognize and made up stories about in my head. plus it is like solving a puzzle in order to succeed in the stated mission. AND i was the one who made it. :D<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And the friggin DVD hasn't been in my college's library since you made the scenario, so I can't watch the movie. I've been checking all the time, though.

& very pleased to have them too!. One thing before you d/l...the size of the "No Rest" & "Any Port" Mini-Campaign Pack comes to approx 325k, mainly due to the fact that it contains a couple of optional bmps that Patrick suggests be used in one of the scenario battles.

Read the docs first!.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 109 Gustav:

And the friggin DVD hasn't been in my college's library since you made the scenario, so I can't watch the movie. I've been checking all the time, though.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

whoa, that's bad dude: there is the special edition i got weeks ago and the bare-bones edition from a LONG time ago...if it doesn't have either then it may never have it, at least for a long while...

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ben Galanti:

South of Sword (on the cd).

Very good PBEM scenario.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have to second that (in addition to my previosu list). Nice, wide open area for British and German tanks to pound each other - germans have more cover to get to two of the victory locations but the allies have planes and oodles of tanks! One of the few times I have played a non-ami allie and thoroughly enjoyed it!

MrSpkr