CM Outpost - MAGUA TERRAIN PACK PREVIEW

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by SS Peiper:

Thanks Tris I found them smile.gif

SS Peiper

These are genuine questions my sarcastic mode is switched off. I do want real feedback here.

Does the layout of the site make it difficult to find the D/L files.

Should I be moving or mirroring/linking the files to a separate download section ?

I would welcome your views.

DG

Edit: This is open for anyone to reply to. The main reason for asking is that, now that the site is on a larger and faster commercial server, we are more likely to host or mirror the hosting of mods than we have in the past.

------------------

CM Outpost

[This message has been edited by DraGoon (edited 02-11-2001).]

i don't have many mods loaded... but if those screens look nearly photographic... WOW.

I would LOVE to get those running on my machine. Fantastic!!

Do you have any idea how much VRAM is needed to use the mods? And if there is any difference in VRAM requirements between Mac and PC use?

I'm a pretty adept Mac user/administrator, and I can't figure out if there is a difference.

Scott Karch

Thanks everyone for the responce. I have been developing the terrain for a while now and the project was getting a little stale so the interest shown here will help me to finsh it off. I'll have a proper read through your comments and reply again later.

Those shots already posted are reduced from the original screen captures which does have a tendency to make the terrain (and skies) look better than they actually. I will try to get some larger screen shots for later in the week.

Cheers

In this string there are numerous posts about BAT files for terrain selection and theater/campaign selection. This is a great idea! One could have disk structures pre-loaded and just select the correct executable depending on which area/timeline/units you want to do battle with.

I'm not really looking for new scenery mods... but in my opinion the community is REALLY lacking in Building MODs!

I recently grew sick of PT's Hi-Res, super destructo building set. (Looks fantastic, but just too dark and destroyed)

I am currently using Magua's first set of buildings... which in my opinion are the most realistic. Unfortunately, they were never finished. The winter versions lack doors and all of them lack roof shading.

We have dozens of vehicle mods, several terrain mods, but only 1.5 building mods...

Anyhoo, I hope those new buildings in the pics are released soon! Great roof shading and much cleaner looking than the first set!

Looks to have a lot of variety too!

Are they Hi-Res or Lo? Doesn't really matter, I'll Lo-Res 'em myself if they are Hi.

(After switching from PT's Hi-Res to Magua's Lo-Res, I notice my game running better.)

------------------

"Fear is for the enemy... Fear and Bullets."

"They didn't want to come... but I told em, by jeepers, it was an order."

[This message has been edited by Mr. Clark (edited 02-13-2001).]

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Space Thing

Originally posted by Lane:

To Magua,

Please finsh your Terrain.

Yes, we could use scenery mods that have the touch of Magua on/ in them. Choice is ALWAYS good.