Sound off, folks: What's the story behind your "user name"?

Well, I tend to think I'm pretty creative in coming up with nicknames and such.

When I first signed up on this board back in January 2000, I was "Wehrmacht" for obvious reasons. Then the board crashed about 2 weeks later and I tried posting when it was down and lost my registration.

Then I changed my name to "Ol' Blood & Guts" after the great General George S. Patton. I bet you can't guess what my password was then. wink.gif The board crashed again in May, I lost it then again, hence my current registration date of May.

Well, May was when the movie Gladiator came out and I thought the character's name, General Maximus. was pretty darn cool. So I decided that I was going to change my name to that, but the board hadn't crashed yet. Well whatdya know? It did a few days later and I got my wish.

But if any of you who have downloaded any of my mods know my real name. As I am really part Italian, so that may be where some of my attitude and such comes from. wink.gif BEWARE: I am NOT as Italian as Cpt. Benny Manieri (gay*lover, Keyshawn Campell) was. wink.giftongue.gif

------------------

"Upon my signal, unleash Hell."--General Maximus, Gladiator

"Aim small, miss small."--Mel Gibson, The Patriot

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big, Big, Big Deep Purple fan.

Did I mention I like Deep Purple? biggrin.gif

------------------

"The mass of the [Red] army stationed in Western Russia is to be destroyed in bold operations involving deep penetrations by armored spearheads, and the withdrawal of elements capable of combat into the extensive Russian land spaces is to be prevented.

By means of rapid pursuit a line is then to be reached from beyond which the Russian air force will no longer be capable of attacking the German home territories."

- - - Directive 21 "Fall Barbarossa"

That's my first and second hobbies (history being the distant third) - my love-hate relationship with a sailboat. Sailing her is the first, repairing things that break on her is the second (hey, I try to repair them BEFORE they break... honestly!)

Skipper

Guest aka PanzerLeader

Because I am a PanzerLeader at heart. "aka" because after the server crash in June I had to find a new name. Otherwise I used to be registered since 11-99.

Well, the name I prefer to use is my surname, MACE, but since someone else is using that, I decided on a character from one of my all-time favorite books - Catch-22. I use Ex-PFC Wintergreen based on the hysterically funny part of the book where General Dreedle is performing an interogation with Wintergreen doing the transcription - hence the tagline "Read me back my last line." I'm sure those of you who have read the book get a good laugh when you remember that part of the book.

------------------

Read me back my last line!

Guest Mirage2k

Mirage 2000 - A fairly recent delta-wing variant of the French line of combat aircraft made by Dassault-Breguet beginning in 1984. Plus I thought it just sounded cool.

-Andrew

------------------

"No, it's not that kind of relationship. We're just friends. We are together all the time, but I never touch her porcelain skin, her soft, red lips, like rose petals from the emperor's bathwater! Bathwater, I tell you, bathwateeeeeeer!"

Well it used to be just Dumbo then I managed to send a changed password to my old email address which i no longer had access too and so lost the original Dumbo nick.

Given the episode above I think you can figure out how I got my nickname smile.gif

[This message has been edited by dumbo2 (edited 02-14-2001).]

Originally posted by GriffinCheng+:

Matt,

I happen to meet another "MadMatt" over SFC forumn. "He" said he is not the same person as you.

This wont do. The other MadMatt will have to change his handle to CrazyMatt or UnstableMatt or the PC version: SanelyChallengedMatt.

Ok. My name came from a sign I saw for a car wash. 545-****-WAXX. The IK came from an old Unreal gaming clan I used to belong to. My name is really this: Waxx<<<**IK**>>>

------------------

I can't think of anything to put in the signature box. Will this do?

Way back in prehistoric times (1986) I worked at the Syncrude tarsand mine in Fort McMurray, Alberta. I was a highwall monitor, maintaining safety for the draglines in the mine. We were called slope rats. I was in the habit of always wearing a pair of tinted, mirrored safety glasses that looked like the visor on Robocop, even when indoors. Hence, I became Roborat. Ever since then, when I needed a virtual name, I have used it, as I thought it was unique and unlikely to be duplicated, which generally held true until recently. I use this in UT, various half-life mods, etc. Sidenote, my son uses Robomouse and my daughter Robokitty, so if you see these names on a server, we are playing together from a networked home computer system, so we can coordinate attacks, etc., so watch out!

Now that I have established my claim to the name, all you bastards using MY name in various forums can piss off, it's mine! I had it first. I have even had to use roborat1st and other variations in some places. Stupid lamos, dream up your own line, and stop stealing mine. The original Roborat has spoken.

------------------

"With cat-like tread, Upon our prey we steal;

In silence dread, Our cautious way we feel." -G&S