Sound off, folks: What's the story behind your "user name"?

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am an armor nut. I like to build scale models that are RC. I am building a 1/8th scale KV-2 and SU-152 right now. I mostly stick to the eastern front. (Yeah for CM2) eek.gif My dream will be true soon!

Armornut

Okay I have to come clean, that is only part of the reason I am named that; the other reason has to do with my college football career. Lets just say O-line guys must have a cup unless they are the center, and I was a center. eek.gif I have convinced myself that kids are not an option for me any more. biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by armornut (edited 02-14-2001).]

Originally posted by armornut:

I am an armor nut. I like to build scale models that are RC. I am building a 1/8th scale KV-2 and SU-152 right now. I mostly stick to the eastern front. (Yeah for CM2) eek.gif My dream will be true soon!

Armornut

You can't build those and not post some pictures for us. That just isn't right.

Erm, JunoReactor is a goa trance group. I love goa trance, for those of you not initated to various sub-genres of electronica (yes, there are lots of sub-genres and they all sound different), goa trance is a kind of trance where you get melody in addition to beats. What differentiates Goa Trance from just-plain trance (and other sub-sub-genres within Trance, yes there are those too, Tech Trance for example)is that the melody and samples are usually much more visible and in foreground than the beat.

Now that I lost the attention of anyone wishing to learn why in reality my handle is JunoReactor, although I like the group I am not obessed with them to use their name in the Internet as a nickname. I just like the name, JunoReactor.

[This message has been edited by JunoReactor (edited 02-14-2001).]

No pics yet, the parts are rather dull(suspension torsion unit and a lot of scrap metal)

I will post picks when they are more interesting, maybe a road wheel and some tracks. Untill then I have a few friends who make them;

http://www.geocities.com/pentagon/fort/2011

-Dave is the one who turned me onto CM, though he only owns the demo, he and I have had a few games. When I asked why he has yet to get the whole game he said; "I have no time for that I have tanks to make"

http://www.rk-modellbau.de/Verkauf.htm

My German Friend, who has got tons of information for me.

http://www.geocities.com/elf1564/

THE place to go if you are at all interested in making RC tanks. Rusty is a hell of a guy and will answer any questions you may have about this stuff.

Just a little to wet your whistle biggrin.gif

Armornut

Two things, Yes they are VERY expensive!

But I have several uses for them, of which I will tell you guys one: biggrin.gif

-Mini paintball guns in the turret= mini tank battle. All steel 1/8 furry! They sound sorta real with metal tracks and gas engines!

[This message has been edited by armornut (edited 02-14-2001).]

Matt,

I happen to meet another "MadMatt" over SFC forumn. "He" said he is not the same person as you.

SS Zaku,

Da ya have any relations with the "Zaku" in "Mobile Suit Gundam"? If so, what is the model you are driving?

Griffin.

------------------

"When you find your PBEM opportents too hard to beat, there is always the AI."

"Can't get enough Tank?"

Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

Götz von Berlichingen (yeah, i know the username is misspelled)

A medieval German knight

Well, if Berli will play, than who am I to say nay? Seanachai is the Irish Gaelic word for 'Storyteller' or 'Bard'. Actual Gaelic speakers like the absent Fionn Kelly, or purists, would probably point out that the now standardized spelling is 'Seanchai'. Bugger that. Just pop on by the Peng Challenge Thread, and you'll mainly find me called 'Senility'. It's all Peng's fault, the swine, but it's as apt as anything else in the universe.

------------------

Tremble, tyrants and you perfidious opprobrium of all the parties,

Tremblez! your parricidal projects finally will receive their prices!

But these sanguinary despots, But these accomplices of Berli,

All these tigers which, without pity, Bauhaus the centre of their mother!

We will enter the career When our elder is not there any more,

We will find there their dust And the trace of their virtues

Originally posted by Seanachai:

Seanachai is the Irish Gaelic word for 'Storyteller' or 'Bard'.

I always thought it was a synonym for "bagpipe".

mine comes from the old days when usernames were limited in length (and generally all one case), and I was using a public unix system in Ann Arbor. I have the memory of a turnip, so I tend to re-use it.

------------------

"If you can taste the difference between caviar on a cracker and ketchup on a Kit-Kat while blindfolded, you have not had enough aquavit to be ready for lutefisk." (stolen from some web page about lutefisk)

Lorak

elven king from the dragonlance novels.

Crazy guy who thought he could save the world, and his people lived in a nightmare world that he created. Been using it all over the web since about 1990.

But It fits in well with CM because:

I think my men feel the same way under my command.

Lorak

I grew up an Army Brat and love everything khaki or olive green. My last name is Gosnell. One day, an NCO serving lunch at our GI school in Italy, probably humoring my military-industrial complex, nicknamed me Gunner Goz and the monicker stuck. My dad was just Goz, of course. The '50's army was a much more fun, informal place than today's "army of one." Army of One...what an ego trip! Wait until the newly enlisted Army of One finds out he's one in 500,000. And a very small one at that...Who dreams up this smarmy crapola?

Originally posted by chrisl:

mine comes from the old days when usernames were limited in length (and generally all one case), and I was using a public unix system in Ann Arbor. I have the memory of a turnip, so I tend to re-use it.

I would save you if I could, but you're probably beyond redemption. One can only hope in your next incarnation, you'll attempt to have an actual identity, you festering boil (the afore-said remarks have no relation to a defeat by the above mentioned uninspired swine).

------------------

Tremble, tyrants and you perfidious opprobrium of all the parties,

Tremblez! your parricidal projects finally will receive their prices!

But these sanguinary despots, But these accomplices of Berli,

All these tigers which, without pity, Bauhaus the centre of their mother!

We will enter the career When our elder is not there any more,

We will find there their dust And the trace of their virtues

Gonzo is from last name Gonzalez, Had it given to me in Junior High, has stucj since.

Gonzo = Crazy in surfer lingo

so GonzoAttacker = crazy attacker

Michael "Gonzo" Gonzalez is the name.

------------------

"Victory smiles upon those who anticipate the changes in the character of war, not upon those who wait to adapt themselves after they occur."

General Guilio Douhet