Just came across at (voodooextreme) an interview with Charles M at SimHQ dealing CM2

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the article:

-----------------

What gameplay or technological differences will we see between Combat Mission 2 and the original?

Besides what I've mentioned so far, one of the biggest changes is a new in-game interface that puts a lot more game and unit information on the main screen. Those graphics haven't been finalized, but we're working on a new look.

----------------

I guess reposting this doesn't violate the NDA. Now you know.

Hiya Guys,

Just so you know the line up contains from near to far an ISU-152, ISU-122, ISU-122S, SU-152, SU-122, SU-100, SU-76I, SU-76M, SU-76 and an SU-76P...I *think*...just going from memory there ;) They arent exactly in scale with each other in that shot either so keep that in mind as you check them out. The big tank there on its own is an IS-2. Thats going to be one hell of a beast to see coming over a hill against your Panthers!

Ciks, those shadows are thanks to the render engine in the 3D program we use. To be honest I doubt wether we will see shadows that accurate (they are ray traced) in a game for some time to come. That single frame takes about a minute to render on a 900Mhz system. ;)

Dan

Guest ckoharik

Wowsers! Excellent interview and those screenshots are have simply reinforced my desire to play this upcoming game the moment it comes out. I can just visualize the trail of shredded packing materials leading up to my computer... :D

Why not HIRE some of the better modders?

Good GFX people are hard to come by, you know. And textures are what every reviewer sees first..

How about CM scripting language like in FPS games? Someone with no life could create a TC of british football rabble vs french police =)

:D:D:D It is okay we post SimHQ photos here! Rejoice! :D:D:D

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Spoons - SimHQ:

I come over here to post a shameless plug and see someone already did! Thanks! smile.gif

I also wanted to express my thanks to Charles for agreeing to the interview....truly appreciated!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Barleyman:

Why not HIRE some of the better modders?

Good GFX people are hard to come by, you know. And textures are what every reviewer sees first..

How about CM scripting language like in FPS games? Someone with no life could create a TC of british football rabble vs french police =)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They did, he goes by the name of KwazyDog, you can see his work in the Maddog packs.

Ron