Public Beta 1.1 released!!

Guest Big Time Software

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

juardis said: "I got the message that a connection was established and uploading data...3 minutes later it was timed out."

this hints at....does that mean that TCP/IP data packets have the same size as the PBEM files? whoa **** I'm trying to imagine TCP/IPing with those 1+ MB files...

will still DL it for all the rest the patch does...thanks BTS!

------------------

"Im off to NZ police collage" (GAZ_NZ)

OK, yes, i am an idiot;

But, after you extract the new beta to the c:/program files/cmbo directory, do you have to re-start before the TCP/IP will work? If not, then it doesn't work properly. If so, then I will have already asked before I tried it and further established my inferior intellect.

BYE

You'll definately have to download it. It's still in BETA phase. BTW the TCP/IP is a separate .exe file and will not overwrite your existing version so you may have to download 1.05 as well.

------------------

Pair-O-Dice

"Once a Diceman, Always a Diceman."

WTG BTS!

Must admit I havent tried it yet, but I sure DL as fast as I could.

Regarding IP adress, doesnt the game display your current IP adress?

Otherwise u can always hook on to the net, then run a program called 'winipcfg'(?)(ie under windows), which displays your IP.

Now back to work... frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Darstand:

Under the heading of clues for the clueless. How do I find out my IP address???? I use Internet Explorer and Earthlink as my provider. Does the address change every time you log on????<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Darstand,

My ISP set up is like yours with Earthlink and all and I get set a new IP address everytime I log on so you will likely have to do "winipcfg" as suggested in one of the other threads. Works for me! Log on, do winipcfg, then get the IP address it gave you. You'll have to watch for disconnects though as you'll get a new IP after you logon again and you'll have to let your opponent know the new IP so you can reconnect again.

• 2 weeks later...