PUBLIC BETA 24 READY

Guest Big Time Software

Guest Big Time Software

Minor fixes:

* FT/sharpshooter/etc ammo bug fixed

* Crews that bail from a knocked out vehicle have "low" ammo and are often panicked or worse.

Note: any game showing the ammo bug that's already underway won't be "repaired" by beta 24. But beta 24 won't introduce the bug in any new games.

We're getting close to the final v1.1 release! smile.gif

Charles

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 01-10-2001).]

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks! Great work! Download it soon.

Do you guys plan for a short Xmas vacation? biggrin.gif

If you people ever come to Hong Kong, I would be very grateful to be your guild and buy you dinner + drink!

BTW, you cannot please everybody.

Last but not least, don't rush, give us quality as usual.

Griffin @ work.

------------------

"When you find your PBEM opportents too hard to beat, there is always the AI."

"Can't get enough Tank?"

I have a strong feeling that no matter where in the world (with the exception of a few very small countrys) they travel there will always be free room and board...

must be nice to know eh?

If you ever come to sweden just tell me and ill fix you up... Thanx for your extremely dedicated work.

------------------

Wof, wof, wof, wof... Thats my other dog imitation.

I may be wrong here if so BTS please delete. In the Mac DL there is a Graphics 13 that has the explosions mods. However, many of the third party snow vehicle mods have been stored there as well. Dragging Graphic 13 from the beta DL will overright your old one and if you have any winterized vehicles and uniforms bmps stored there they will overwritten and lost.

Use MacMod Manager to transfer if they are different explosions. I haven't looked closely yet.

Again if I missed something, sorry, but better to be safe

JD

[This message has been edited by jdmorse (edited 12-22-2000).]

Charles,

Thanks mucho! Has the Mac equivalent of the PC cpp571 (or whatever it was actually called) matter been dealt with? I ask this since I saw no mention of it in your wonderful announcement.

Merry Christmas (or other greeting as applicable) to you, Steve, the troops and your obviously devoted familiies!

Where would we be without all of you?

Sincerely,

John Kettler

Guest Madmatt

It wasn't a Mac equivalent as such, it was the same bug. The error Unit.cpp line 571 showed up in the Mac errorlogs just like on the PC but for some reason you nutty Mac people never looked in there since you saw an additonal Type 12 Mac OS error pop up.

Silly Mac people... tongue.gif

Madmatt

Hey Madmatt and BTS crew,

Any way you can work in all the games I Like!!!

Wish all those other companies would follow in your footsteps. I can't tell you how many games I son't buy b/c companies have shortcutted things to make a deadline or just make a buck.

Thanks all.

CM is starting to be one of those games that stay in my HD forever!

I want to commend the BTS team for all your hard work. Thanks for listening to your customers and your willingness to make sensible modifications to the game. I wish you all HAPPY HOLIDAYS, and hey....TAKE SOME TIME OFF!!! smile.gif

------------------

It is easy to be brave from a safe distance. -Aesop

Madmatt, I upgraded a current PBEM to v24 and

during movie playback I am able to see my opponent targeting a building for area fire.

Complete with the yellow line and "Area Target" tag on it.

I can send you the save game if you need it later. Let me know.

Guest Madmatt

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Phoenix:

Madmatt, I upgraded a current PBEM to v24 and

during movie playback I am able to see my opponent targeting a building for area fire.

Complete with the yellow line and "Area Target" tag on it.

I can send you the save game if you need it later. Let me know.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There is nothing wrong with you seeing the enemy Area Fire. Never has been anything wrong with it. If he is shooting at a building or a piece of land, you are gonna kinda notice it.

Madmatt

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Madmatt:

There is nothing wrong with you seeing the enemy Area Fire. Never has been anything wrong with it. If he is shooting at a building or a piece of land, you are gonna kinda notice it.

Madmatt

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This reminded me of something that has been nagging at the back of my mind for a long time but that I haven't yet brought up here. It seems to me (and I could be mistaken, I haven't done any exhaustive research on this) that in a hotseat or PBEM game, the person that issues orders SECOND in any particular turn has a slight advantage in that he (or she) can see at least some of the new targetting orders of the opponent. For example, during a turn an enemy tank drives into view of your positions. Your opponent issues orders for the coming turn, then, during your orders phase, you can select that tank and see for example that he is area-targetting a building and issue orders to vacate the area. Or, perhaps he is targetting a unit inside a building, in which case you can issue orders for that unit to withdraw out of sight of the tank and possibly cause the tank to stop firing HE at the building. Is there any way a change could be made to show both players the targetting orders as of the end of the prior turn while they are issuing orders?

------------------

Leland J. Tankersley

Thanks again for all the hard work and prompt bug fixes, I have never seen ANY piece of software fixed, patched, tweaked and updated as quickly and efficiently as this beta patch.

So far it "feels" pretty good (bug wise, stability wise) smile.gif

I do hope you folks will really relax and take some time off, you all really deserve it!

smile.gif

-tom w

[This message has been edited by aka_tom_w (edited 12-22-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Madmatt:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh. well alrighty then! I could have sworn that this was a "problem" that was discussed some time ago. Somehow I've never seen it before....I mean I know they area fire..but I didn't know I would see the targetting line.

If you say it's ok though, Im happy!

Cheers!