PUBLIC BETA 24 READY

Guest Big Time Software

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Phoenix:

Oh. well alrighty then! I could have sworn that this was a "problem" that was discussed some time ago. Somehow I've never seen it before....I mean I know they area fire..but I didn't know I would see the targetting line. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, that bug was fixed in some previous patch.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Madmatt

Yes, It was seeing enemy Ambush Markers that was fixed not Area Fire (since area Fire isn't broke).

You just made a slight error in your recollection is all.

wink.gif

Madmatt

Anybody got problems with line's dropping during the Orders phase?

I am asking because it has happened to me 4 time's so far.

I have a 56k modem , hosting games with Aikidorat. We played our first live session on Wednesday night. We had 3 hours of solid play while using the v.22 beta.

We both upgraded to v.23 when it came out. We started 3 games last night and all died during the Orders phase.

We got into about 6 turns tonight before the same happened.

I was wondering if the fact that when you are trying to issue orders , there seems to be no line activity....ie you are too busy to chat. Could this lack of activity be the cause of the line dropping?

My modem is set up to disconnect after 10 mins of no activity...not the 2-3 mins that i have experienced.

Is it possible to code in a "magic ping pong signal" to keep the line alive ??? , as some people may find the chat distracting while trying to plan their next orders.

Any ideas......its going to be a year before cable arrives at my door frown.gif

Regards

MÃ¥kjager

------------------

Once an Ubërcabbage

Always an Ubërcabbage

Do tanks now stop to engage all targets (even non-threatening) when executing "Hunt" orders? Having just upgraded from 23 to 24, it appears now that tanks will stop to engage halftracks instead of continuing to drive while shooting.

If this is a TAC AI change, I like it!

Dar

Argh! Although I like what appears to be a new feature in that the tanks will now stop during "Hunt" orders to engage halftracks and other less threatening vehicles besides tanks, I do NOT like that stationary tanks now rotate to engage infantry targets! For a prime example of this, play the "Villers-Bocage" scenario.

This has got to be taken out! I really like that Wittman can now "Hunt" into the village and rack up a much more impressive score on the move than before since he stops to engage the halftracks and Brens he encounters. However, I HATE it when he pivots the entire vehicle to engage a squad after I deliberately order him to rotate to FACE the village where those nasty Fireflies, Shermans, and Cromwells are!

Please, BTS, keep the "stop to engage vehicles while hunting", and lose the "pivot the entire vehicle away from the nasty tanks to engage those two grunts in the woods"!

Dar

hunt hunt hunt

hunt hunt hunt

PIAT's in the trees

boom boom boom

BA boom boom boom

Panzer comanders on his knees!!!!!!

Merry X-mas happy Hanukah joyous Kawanza

Festive Tet and oh dang theres too many!!!!!!

well happy holidays

------------------

Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. --Gen. Patton

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dar:

Argh! Although I like what appears to be a new feature in that the tanks will now stop during "Hunt" orders to engage halftracks and other less threatening vehicles besides tanks, I do NOT like that stationary tanks now rotate to engage infantry targets! For a prime example of this, play the "Villers-Bocage" scenario.

This has got to be taken out! I really like that Wittman can now "Hunt" into the village and rack up a much more impressive score on the move than before since he stops to engage the halftracks and Brens he encounters. However, I HATE it when he pivots the entire vehicle to engage a squad after I deliberately order him to rotate to FACE the village where those nasty Fireflies, Shermans, and Cromwells are!

Dar<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was just about to post the same comments. For some strange obsessive reason, I test all the new CM versions on the Villers-Bocage scenario, and engaging halftracks/brens while hunting is great! However, the last beta or two have been a step backward with infantry/crew engagements. It also seems there is an increased tendency (again) to ignore the tank Allied tank that just smoked itself in order to engage a non-threatening infantry/crew unit.

In the Villers-Bocage scenario last night with b24, I noticed the following strange behavior I have never seen before. Only happened one time each in a couple games, but the AI had trouble deciding which target to lock on to. Don't remember the exact specifics and distances are approximate, but this is close. Turn 2 or 3 and the Tiger is driving through the Brittish units. Within about a 100 degree arc is an infantry squad in the foxhole 10 meters away, a PIAT 40 meters away and a halftrack (maybe a Stuart?) 80 meters away. There was a 10-15 second period in which the AI would rapidly shift the targetting line from one unit to another without locking on to any of them until either the Tiger or the targets had moved enough to change the perceived threat. The targeting line would shift so fast, it looked like a laser light show.

Guest SS Peiper

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dar:

[This has got to be taken out! I really like that Wittman can now "Hunt" into the village and rack up a much more impressive score on the move than before since he stops to engage the halftracks and Brens he encounters. However, I HATE it when he pivots the entire vehicle to engage a squad after I deliberately order him to rotate to FACE the village where those nasty Fireflies, Shermans, and Cromwells are!

Please, BTS, keep the "stop to engage vehicles while hunting", and lose the "pivot the entire vehicle away from the nasty tanks to engage those two grunts in the woods"!

Dar<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was thinking the samething, I like the way the tanks hunt but I dont like the pivot the entire vehicle away from tanks to engage infantry.

SS Peiper

Guest Michael emrys

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SS Peiper:

I was thinking the samething, I like the way the tanks hunt but I dont like the pivot the entire vehicle away from tanks to engage infantry.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Does the tank know of the presence of the enemy tanks? If not, than its behavior seems completely reasonable to me, since pivoting allows it to bring its gun to bear quicker.

Michael

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Harmon:

In the Villers-Bocage scenario last night with b24, I noticed the following strange behavior I have never seen before. Only happened one time each in a couple games, but the AI had trouble deciding which target to lock on to.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I had this happen to a JgPzIV, but with Beta 23. The red line would extend to a target, but the vehicle would rotate to a yellow line. Like it was trying to go hull forward to a threat. But then the red line would switch to what was a yellow line. And then now rotate back to where the red line was, but it is now a yellow line. Again doing the above cycle--trying to target something, but then rotating to a threat somewhere else.

It was the damnest thing I ever saw. I was attempting to get a save game file, but couldn't.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Marco Bergman:

Could someone please tell me why the Canadians no longer can get a Firefly IIc? I know I have seen pictures of Canadian Ics before.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whoops, kinda blows your mods doesn't it?

Polish have lost the Sherman III as well as the Firefly IIc.

[This message has been edited by Maximus (edited 12-23-2000).]

BTS,

This is to inform you that for the second day in a row I tried to download the Mac version of 1.1b24. Each time I got an error message informing me that sea.bin was a corrupted file or damaged (?) archive. I have never had a problem like this before with any of the other downloads. What gives, please?

Regards,

John Kettler

PS

Forgot to mention that I'm running OS 8.6 on a 233 MHz iMac w 64 MB RAM and a 2 MB ATI Rage Pro video card.

[This message has been edited by John Kettler (edited 12-23-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by John Kettler:

BTS,

This is to inform you that for the second day in a row I tried to download the Mac version of 1.1b24. Each time I got an error message informing me that sea.bin was a corrupted file or damaged (?) archive. I have never had a problem like this before with any of the other downloads. What gives, please?

Regards,

John Kettler

PS

Forgot to mention that I'm running OS 8.6 on a 233 MHz iMac w 64 MB RAM and a 2 MB ATI Rage Pro video card.

[This message has been edited by John Kettler (edited 12-23-2000).]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just downloaded it without any problems on a Mac PowerBook 3400 using Netscape Communicator. It unstuffed just fine. Now if I could just get it to run. The beta on this machine seem to have a problem setting the monitor resolution and the program quits on startup with a type 12 error. Version 1.05 runs fine.