So... you were asking for building mods?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there any relationship here between these colours and Gunslingers?

I have to say that the colour pallet and degree of realism looks very similiar to Gunslinger's style.

And yes ... again?

Will these delightful building mods be available for download?

They look Great !

-tom w

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Turret Ring:

"Then we shall fight in the shade." (Greek general's comment upon being told that the Persian archers could blot-out the sun with their arrows.)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dienekes, Spartan, Battle of the Thermopylae.

For more about him, read Gates of Fire by Steven Pressfield.

------------------

Goaty to YK2: I can teach your ass that yes, it can be spanked so hard...

PawBroon to Goaty: I do not take subcontractors!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by deanco:

These buildings look absolutely fantastic. A topnotch job. My compliments. I will download them at the first opportunity. Please keep us posted.

DeanCo--<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Deanco

do you have any new info on Gunslinger?

Where he is what is doing ?

or where all his COOL realistic coloured mods went?

everyone seems to have lost touch with him, which is shame because, his contributions to the colours, ton,e and quality of CM graphics in his mods was truly awe inspiring.

anyone out there heard from Gunslinger lately?

-tom w

[This message has been edited by aka_tom_w (edited 10-19-2000).]

Hi Tom,

I have also noticed he's not hanging out anymore. Shame really, he did a lot of good work. I DID notice his old 'mod announcements' have been pushed back up to the top of the forum for some reason or other so you may want to look there (unless it was YOU who pushed them, hehehe) smile.gif

DeanCo--

At least tell us something! For the love of god don't leave us like this!

--(Pillar looks reduced and tired, with red around his eyes and a dry throat)---

I can't...take...much..more!

OK,OK, I've been reduced to pleading,Pleeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaase tell us when and where we can get them (hits knees with much wailing and gnashing of teeth)Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaase!(bangs head on floor)come on guys!Alright I'm going to hold my breath until you give them up!!!!

------------------

Nicht Schiessen!!

Guest Der Unbekannte Jäger

Very nice work indeed!

Unfortunatly I must ask...

WHERE IS MY COPY? frown.gif

------------------

"I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend, to the death, your right to say it."

[This message has been edited by Der Unbekannte Jäger (edited 10-20-2000).]

Hi everyone, thanks for the positive remarks, it is very encouraging. I did not want to post the buildings until the rest of my terrain was useable as I think they wont mix well with other mods.

But from what some of you have said about Gunslingers new mod they may work with that, in which case I'll try to finish the beta version of the building set this weekend and post them to McAuliffe (if he doesn't mind!) sometime Sunday (?).

The textures are all the same Res as the originals so they do not look so effective close up (but i still think they are an improvement even at this rough stage).

Thanks McAuliffe for posting the screenshots for me.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Magua:

... I'll try to finish the beta version of the building set this weekend and post them to McAuliffe (if he doesn't mind!) sometime Sunday (?)...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't mind... biggrin.gif

drool, drool, ....Aargh..still 35 hours and 26 min to go...drool

------------------

http://users.pandora.be/aneric/index8.htm#Projects

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Magua:

Hi everyone, thanks for the positive remarks, it is very encouraging. I did not want to post the buildings until the rest of my terrain was useable as I think they wont mix well with other mods.

But from what some of you have said about Gunslingers new mod they may work with that, in which case I'll try to finish the beta version of the building set this weekend and post them to McAuliffe (if he doesn't mind!) sometime Sunday (?).

The textures are all the same Res as the originals so they do not look so effective close up (but i still think they are an improvement even at this rough stage).

Thanks McAuliffe for posting the screenshots for me.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your buildings are Stunning

Thanks for getting back to us.

I originally thought you were working with Gunslinger's colour pallet and updateing his mods/

Check them out here:

ftp://cm:cmbo@142.55.231.199//gunslinger's/

ip : 142.55.231.199

username: cm

password: cmbo

HIs work has a deleightful earthy neutral tonal quality and looks great on my Mac.

I would never consider playing CM without Gunslinger's mods. HE volunteered to re-do the entire set of CM .bmps and toned them all down and made some brand new ones and incorporated some work of other's and has credited their work in his Thread, That I bumped to the top.

Good luck I hope you enjoy his mods and can use some of them with your new buildings.

Your tree's look great by the way smile.gif

-tom w

P.S. I LOVE eye candy, and GREAT graphics, I must be an eye candy junky, and I assure you all I'm addicted to Gunslinger's work!!

And now I'm CRAVING, Magua's new buildings, hurry please, I neeeeed a NEW eye candy, building FIX!

[This message has been edited by aka_tom_w (edited 10-20-2000).]