A final plea before the game ships! Please read!

no way, no how.. rolleyes.gif

i enjoyed telling a friend that when he asked for a copy..

count me in..

[This message has been edited by Arien (edited 06-12-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Arien (edited 06-12-2000).]

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

.on disc or downloaded its going to be bootleged thats a fact, there are always scumbags out there that do this stuff.in australia we get star wars bootlegs from china that come from the factory and molds that make the real ones.must be a night shift bootleg program. and ive seen in asia everywhere game cds .music etc etc for sale in the open .i think they allow this so there money stays in there country.warz sites do it just to do it and beat the next site .so all we can do is correct think with all our copys and say no if a friend asks for a copy.say im always playing CM and i have a big battle later on with a fellow from australia .that way you can force them into buying a copy and also keep them as your friend .and dont forget to show them those new explosive effects etc then they be buying a copy quick smart. cheers

Hey, not even my best friend whom I've known since the age of two, and who introduced me to Squad Leader will be getting a copy of CM from me. Unless I buy it for him.

Ah, heck, he makes tons more than me, he can buy his own copy.

No copies here.

GAFF

Count me in. No illegal copies, period. BTS deserves the support (and the money!).

In addition, we should all do everything we can to spread the word about CM. I've already been working on three friends, none of whom would be likely to explore computer wargames if it weren't for my "CM evangelism." This is the best way to ensure that we'll all get to play CM2...

I have an idea/concept I shared with Teach who thought that it might be a good one to open up to discussion at the Forum.

It would invariably require the assistance of BTS for it to have a chance to work.

Basically, it would be a list of verified email addresses (posted on some web site) of people how have legitimately purchased a copy of the game from BTS. The list itself would allow people wanting to support the game to check the email address of all their opponent to ensure they aren't playing against a "rat" (or non-legitimate CM owner...duh!).

For privacy reasons, not EVERYONES email address would be listed; only those who WANT to participate would email BTS informing them to authorise their inclusion on the list.

It won't stop the game from being copied but at least it might pose limitations on the "rats" with unauthroised copies of the game wanting to find PBEM/IP opponents. They could effectively be ostracised from the main CM gaming community and forced to find other "rats". It would also give owners of CM some surity that they are actively helping to support the game by playing other legitimate CM owners.

Perhaps even patches/tech support could only be made available to legitimate owners.

I don't know if anything like this has ever been attempted. There might be some logistical problems with it perhaps. I will leave it with those wanting to pursue it.

Just a thought.

Lt. Bull

One thing on this game biggrin.gifo you really believe those rats will like it ? Its no dumb blow away game, even if they warez it to few of them will play it or see even the reason why.

I have contacted BTS to get me my valid copy of the game and I wont give it away.

Not even for smile.gif

murx

I vow on my life to abide by the above agreement

------------------

ShadowWraith

"There is nothing to Fear but Fear itself"

"Limits were made to be Broken"

"Face your Fears, Live your Dreams"

[This message has been edited by ShadowWraith (edited 06-12-2000).]

BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----

Hash: SHA1

Absolutely, I will not copy this program, and will give a heaping

helping of shiite to anyone who suggests I do!

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----

Version: PGPfreeware 6.5.3 for non-commercial use <http://www.pgp.com>

iQA/AwUBOUUtcmOwjOol5o/2EQKcCwCgxt/2J2V2rOQj4sWS9Yj9BAXbrrwAoJeC

3HLTVFYCDwujMjHwUMBkCypP

=OvCn

-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----