You know you've played too much CM when...

When I walked around my neihgborhood streets counting the houses so I could make it a map!

When you walk up to bed after playing CM , and you walks as if holding an MP40 and speaking in German. (I did these both)

When you memorize the weapons composition of every German squad.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Von Brizee:

[bWhen you walk up to bed after playing CM , and you walks as if holding an MP40 and speaking in German. (I did these both)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hmmm...rehearsals for the invasion....was your wife dressed up as Poland or France?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by aka_tom_w:

You'ld

-tom w<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh what the Hell?

Since I haven't been on here being my ol' Maximus Butticus self lately. I don't know, I must have missed that day in school, but I don't recall the contraction "you'ld" ever being used in the textboooks.

You know you played too much CM when...

You're in jail for attempted murder because one of your friends declared "turn-based games are boring" after you tried to get him hooked on CM.

You insist your friend drives your Beetle while you stick your upper body out of the sun-roof with a pan on your head, declaring that's where Tank-commanders belong.

You form a CM Militia and raid Computer stores because "the bastards wouldn't give BTS a chance!"

------------------

...Every position, every meter of Soviet soil must be defended to the last drop of blood..."

- Segment from Order 227 "Not a step back"

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>When I walked around my neihgborhood streets counting the houses so I could make it a map!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

-Von Brizee

Whoa! You did this too? It's great living in a suburban area just so you can design your own neighborhood and drive a JagdTiger right through your own home. I even made a scenario where I named an elite sniper as myself, put him in my "house", and had him defend against those nasty krauts. I was killed by an HMG-42 on the fourth turn.

------------------

Ah scheist.

...When you're driving down the road and wishing you could switch to level 2 view...no wait...Level 3 would be better so you could see over that hill up ahead... wink.gif

...going out and buying a 700mhz, 256mb RAM, Voodoo5500 machine JUST TO PLAY CM! biggrin.gif

------------------

One shot...One Kill

You know you've played too much CM when you watch Saving Pvt. Ryan 4 times in 2 days to keep the mood at max. biggrin.gif

when you use you're dinner plate as a sand table to rehearse your' next move.

when you think your' landlord is an enemy squad coming to clear your' apartment.

------------------

Nicht Schiessen!!

Too much CM?

Is that possible?

Perhaps it is just the sleep deprivation talking?

I do think about how to assault the building across the street from my store, though.

(Cover MG fire, smoke in the street, and go through the woods on the left side, but watch out for mines.)

------------------

Ugati: You despise me, don't you Rick?

Rick Blaine: If I gave you any thought I probably would.

You've played too much CM when...

You lie in bed thinking how a couple rounds of 81mm would silence the neighbor's barking dogs. Then you change that to a Panzerfaust for a couple of rounds up the neighbor's juxsy!

Quote Colin

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>You have the CM manual beside your bed<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ummmmm.....

...you watch another guy take a girl you like and figure "well, that's life, I'll be killed in the next battle anyway."

...when moving through your house you walk as if you have a Sten or Thompson in your hand, ready to clear out "enemy held positions"

...you think you're telephone is a field phone connecting you to field HQ

You HONESTLY have to look at the clock on your computer to decide whether it is Friday evening or Saturday...

It turned out it was Saturday and I'd kind of lost track of the days wink.gif.

My excuse is I had a bit of the flu at the time but the real culprit is this game wink.gif

1. You consider that 11:30pm-12:20am nap a good nights sleep.

2. Your boss has caught you on the CM forum so much while you were supposed to be working that he buys the game, sells his business and becomes a recluse living in the hills of Northern California (it could happen)

------------------

Upon the fields of friendly strife, are sown the seeds of Victory.

---Douglas McArthur

I NEED AN EDIT. REWRITE PEOPLE. AAAAAHHH!!!! MY GIRFRIEND IS PUTTING MY COMPUTER IN A NIGHTIE. AHHHHHAQAHAHAHH!

hehehehehe thanks for the heads up Fionn. Damn see what happens when you look over your shoulder for your boss when you type. You get labeled a pervert. Hey wait...hell I can live with that. eheheh

------------------

Sir are you sure you want to go to red alert...it would mean changing the bulb

-Priest

Ok

I patched it

thanks for the spelling update notice.

-tom w

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Maximus:

Oh what the Hell?

Since I haven't been on here being my ol' Maximus Butticus self lately. I don't know, I must have missed that day in school, but I don't recall the contraction "you'ld" ever being used in the textboooks.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> "Remember that no dumb bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

G. S. Patton

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Guest Mirage2k

"You know you've played too much CM when..."

You take a slight criticism of and/or suggestion for improving CM as a personal assault on your dear old Auntie May (may she rest in peace), who never hurt a soul in her life. wink.gif

-Andrew

------------------

Throw me a frickin' smiley, people!

Your one-stop-shop for gaming news is www.SiegersPost.com ! Hit it!

Man....I didn't want to post, but it happened to me tonight. I live in France, and one of the bands I play with had a gig out near Rambouillet. So there I am in the car, going 'That's about 220 yards, I could just run up to the wall there, then sprint to those scattered trees....oh look, bocage, like in the game....hmm, now that would be woods, now how far can I actually see into that...' Ahhh, 4:30 am, maybe I should just go to bed....

DeanCo--

You know you've played too much CM when...

When you finally stoped playing, got online (1st time in 5 days, since you got CM) and decided to checkout the forum. And spent 3 hours checking out virtually every post........and willing to skip dinner so that the instant you finish this post you can play CM again.

hmmmm, wait, it's happening to me right now.