You know you've played too much CM when...

1. You come up to a crest of a hill and shift down to 3rd gear to "Hunt".

2. That exit sound makes you leap under your desk for cover.

3. You're late for work (3 guesses why) and wish for some smoke to cover your approach to the back door.

------------------

"You know our standing orders. Out of ammo become a bunker, out of commission become a pillbox, out of time... become heroes." - The Beast

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a few for you.

Your wife brings in breakfast and reminds you that you have to get to work today.

Your dog doesn't wet itself, you do.

Your dreams are plagued with stylised people running from Tigers and the buildings go clear when you enter them.

+++++++++++++++++++

You hunt CMHQ for a 3rd party mod "Quiet Exit 4Kids" so they'll quit bothering you at the PC.

Your wife gets a new 'do' and you say... "hey, nice texture!"

Your excuse for not getting a project done at work is "I'm out of command radius."

You find the "rainy weather" setting more realistic than the thunderstorm outside your window.

A Sunday drive in the country is spent visualizing the countryside as a set of CM tiles.

You spend twenty minutes in the parking lot trying to get your car hull down. (and debating LOS to the boss' car!)

wink.gif

--you think about how you would defend this road if you had two platoons supported by an AT gun.

--Waiting in line at the toll booth you fantasize about your SturmTiger rolling over all these damn Jeeps and Kubelwagons in your way.

--eating lunch in the third floor office you wonder what the range to that building off in the distance is, and how many 105mm shells it would take to reduce it to rubble.

The scary thing is is that i ahve thought all those things within just the past week...

Jeff Heidman

heheheheh

1.) When you say "I just read the news" and you mean you just spent an hour on this forum.

2.) When you send in the papers to legally change you kids names to Gary, Steve, Fionn, and MaddMatt no matter what their gender.

3.) When you watch the History Channel special on Rommel and think to yourself "I could do better"

4.) When your girlfriend walks into the room you are playing CM in, wearing a nightie, handcuffs in one hand and whip cream in the other and asks you whether you want ot come to bed or play that stupid game, AND YOU THINK ABOUT IT!!!

5.) I am at work right now and feel this post is more important than my job!

later

------------------

Sir are you sure you want to go to red alert...it would mean changing the bulb

-Priest

[This message has been edited by Priest (edited 08-18-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Priest (edited 08-18-2000).]

You know you played too much CM when....

You'd would rather play one more turn than eat for the first time in 18 hours (ok, eating is only allowed during PBEM turns, but games vs. the AI afford no such luxury!)

You'd would rather play one more turn than sleep for the first time in two nights

You'd would rather play one more turn than shower for the first time in 3 days

You can't wait for the next RAINY long weekend to spend 3 uninterupted days of GLORY with CM..

-tom w

[This message has been edited by aka_tom_w (edited 08-18-2000).]

As I continue my crackdown on the assorted furry vermin found infesting this board I would like to add the following.

1.) You start believing that hamsters, voles, chinchillas, naked mole rats, flying monkeys, swallows(both African and European), were all involved in WWII. And base entire threads on their actual combat abilities. tongue.gif

If it gets any worse I'll have to break out my BFHG 9000 uberweapon to clear this area out. biggrin.gif

Tony

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fionn:

Priest,

Why would your girlfriend walk into the room with "the computer in a nightie".

Is this some kinky sort of thing you do?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lol, I was wondering if there was anyone else out there who dressed up his puter in a Fredericks of Hollywood nightie. Me an my last girlie-friend split up over that one...

------------------

Thanks for Athskin!

When you're driving to work, pass a convoy of Army deuce and a halfs and humvees going the other direction on the highway, and mutter to yourself that they should have sent out a screening force of half squads first....

------------------

CrapGame

Guest Der Unbekannte Jäger

1) When you watch the history channel and watch as some American in a Sherman drives victoriuously through some French village, you loudly exclaim "He would be a sitting duck if my 88 was there!"

2) You refuse to walk near 2 story houses because if there was an MG42 in there you would be easy pickings out in the open like this.

3)You cry when your Tiger gets knocked out.

4)You read about Michael Whittman (you know the German Tank Ace) and wonder aloud how many points it would take to buy him in a game of CM.

5) Low flying aircraft give you the chills and you promptly yell out "Button The Tanks!"

6) Out on a picnic with your family you start thinking how easy it would be for an unsupported Panther to come along and gun you all down. Then you laugh and say to yourself "nah it would have infantry support with it, they would probably get us first"

7) You check this forum before checking your email.

8)You yell orders at your units in the game such as "PanzerMarch!" ... "Ausblick!" ... "Schnell,Schnell" and you don't think it is odd to do so.

9) You also yell orders at your units in languages other than German.

10) You chalk kill bars on your monitor. To account for each Sherman you have destroyed.

11) When friends come over you put on your best "Dress Uniform" and talk about news from the "Western Front" and how soon your Shermans will be able to knock aside the last defences from Germany and advance into Berlin.

12) You come up with a viable strategy to destroy a Tiger II out in the open using only a 60mm mortar crew that has abondoned their equipment.

13)You walk through your house and try to judge if it could take a round from a 105mm shell.

14)Based upon your assumptions you actually implement a way that your house could survive a hit from a 105mm. (Sloping more armor on the roof for example...)

15) You think up things to put on lists such as this.

------------------

You have offended my family , and you have offended the honour of the Shaolin Temple, prepare for battle vile mannered dog!

For the demo users:

1) You have dreams about receiving the full version, and then get angry when you realize it was just a dream.

2) You've played 'Meeting Encounter' so many times you don't lose men anymore.

------------------

"As long as you're cheating," Ender said to Anderson, "why don't you

train the other army to cheat intelligently!" - Ender's Game

"...played too much CM..."

I'm sorry but for myself and the collective this does not compute...please resubmit data please.

CPF2342 error occured at statment 456749. "too much" is not a valid entry.

Lorak ...CM borg 61873925...

You know you play too much...

When buying a car you ask about frontal armor slope.

You have the CM manual beside your bed.

You're pay check comes in the mail the same day as CM and you pick up CM instead.

You're stuck in traffic and you think to yourself that you'd be dead if someone called in artillery.

When you meet someone named Fionn/Matt/Steve/Charles you think of the people from this forum.

When you forget something and say to yourself 'if guachi was here he'd have posted a link by now'.

You post the 500th post in the first ever 500 post thread.

------------------

And if we abandon any platform, I can assure you it will not be the Macintosh.

-Steve

My website!

Guest Mortiis

You know you played too much cm when

You run around your house with a can of lysol and a bic lighter and attempt to torch houseflies while yelling at your wife for supporting rifle fire.

you continually tell your son to take the point when crossing the street

you declare that whoever removes your cm disc from the drive will be court martialed

you announce to your household that cm's release date is now a national holiday.

you begin to pack your kids lunch boxes with k rations

when the family goldfish die from neglect you reply is that it was a casualty of war and salut as you flush it down the toilet

you find yourself shaking in fear and looking for cover when you hear the sound of a large vehicle pass by.

you begin to tell war stories of your pbem games at social gatherings as if they were real experiences

[This message has been edited by Mortiis (edited 08-16-2000).]