How did you guys first hear of CM?

Guest Captitalistdoginchina

I first read about it in the Hamster daily(written by Harry the Hamster), later there was an article in the Gerbil Times which had a link to the demo. But what really got me was the excellent review in the Rodent Review which was well written by Jerry the Gerbil. Recently it was reprinted and translated in Chinese here in Shanghai by the Chinese Chinchilla Club.

CDIC

------------------

"Death solves all problems - no man no problem"

J.V.Stalin, 1918

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MantaRay

In the Red Storm Entertainment message boards 1 year ago. Really weird how time has flown since then.

Maybe this time next year I will be playing CM2 also...never know.

Ray

Think I found it whilst poking around the net after hearing about a PC version of ASL was being developed.

IIRC I read the right up and then d/l'd a video that starts at view '8' and then drills down as a tank (Tiger??) moves down a road and gets taken out....can't rememeber, was ages ago.

Anyway added it to fav's to keep an eye on...and promptly forgot all about it until many months later when I stumbled onto it again, a demo was available, downloaded it and I'm sure you know the rest smile.gif

Reg's

Fen

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mother Theresa:

I was smoking crack in a back ally, when Jesus appeared to me. We talked about life and the downward spiral mine was going down. As the angels decended to lift him away his parting words were "Visit Combat Missions" and so I did, and it was MUCH better than crack, and just a one time money investment with a monthy internet charge..I was hooked. Of course the more I think about it, he might have said "Visit Convents and Missions"

-Mother Theresa<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Laughing my ass off!

Anyways,I saw some screen shots of the then newly released gold demo at megagames.com. Got the demo, got the game,been enjoying it ever since.

Guest Michael emrys

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tnkrz_Aze:

1 qusteion. wh y dont the little dead guys bleed? that would be cool!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Had a biiiiiiigggggg discussion about this a couple years ago when the basics of the design were first being hammered out. Final decision was that blood not be cool. End of discussion.

Michael

Was on download.com looking at new strategy demos and got it. Like everyone else, I was hooked.

Went to eBay to see if I could get it any cheaper (can you believe someone would actually SELL this game?). After a couple of bidding wars, the price climnbed to retail. I said Hell with it and gave BTS my $53.00. 7 days later I was in WWII heaven.

Read many glowing online reviews, CGW ***** review, and then poked around Dejanews. I did not bother d'loading the demo. I sent in my my order and have been in CMBO heaven ever since! smile.gif I have not enjoyed a game this much in a long time.

L8r,

Em

Guest *Captain Foobar*

I was dinking around looking for good wargames, which is usually a lost cause, so I typed "wargamer.com", figuring the site must exist, and in a little banner ad, was a beautiful scene of halftracks and tanks driving through a snowy forest, and I said DAMN! I gotta get me somma that! I read the alpha AAR and was totally hooked. Finally the beta demo arrived, and we played Reisberg and Last Defense until ours eyes bled. One day they surprised us by releasing Chance Encounter, and oh wow that was fun...

The waiting for a release date....it seemed to drag on forever... Do any of you guys remember playing Chance Encounter from different starting places just so we could keep it interesting?

And now, with more CM at my fingertips than I ever thought possible, I only have a taste for PBEM. The AI is ggod for testing and a good quick game, but I like being outsmarted, and man does that seem to happen alot when I play the folks around here. Except for against Lawyer. His tactics border on suicidal. But its fun to watch... biggrin.gif

heard about it a long time ago in a galaxy far far away...

Then heard mention of it again on the CC foums. Came here and started lurking like a cockroach at noon. Soon had the beta demo and everything has been wonderful since.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>

by foobar:

Do any of you guys remember playing Chance Encounter from different starting places just so we could keep it interesting?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LMAO, you remember the ok. When the game starts both sides move all your forces 90 degrees right. When were in place then start the atttack. I won't even mention the threads where people were making up names for ducks at the small pond at resienburg... Ahh, the good old days.

Lorak

------------------

"Do not wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking."--William Butler Yeats

Cesspool

• 2 weeks later...

I was addicted to Axis and Allies, but absolutely hated the combat modeling. Joined a ladder and was 2-0 and happy. Then lost 5 games in a row to unbelivably bad dice (17 dice could not roll a 2 or 1 on first round). Got so p'd off went on a mission to find a new turn based multi-player strategy wargame. Typed in wargamer.com (didnt even know if there was such a site) and wallaahh found the excellent review. Downloaded Gold Demo and I am so addicted to this darn game and this forum. My copy should of been here today but not, absoltuely can not wait for it.

See ya on the battlefield

U8led