When did YOU pre-order? ( Please Contribute ) :)

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

31-May-2000 kinda late but I only stumbled across the demo while browsing..2 days later I had a 3d card installed, 1 day later I ordered. My first net purchase by the way. Now I'm considering a total system upgrade. Is playing till 4.15am bad for you when you have to be up for work by 6.15am?

About two weeks ago. I hope it still counts as a pre-order.

It will be months before I can actually play this awesome game though frown.gif. I need to save up for a home computer.

I have played the Gold Demo on my work computer and loved it. I decided to pre-order immediately after finishing Chance Encounter.

Guest Offwhite

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gotcha:

It will be months before I can actually play this awesome game though frown.gif. I need to save up for a home computer.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ha ha - I thought I was the only one who pre-ordered before I had a machine that could run CM! Saw a 1/4-page bit in Computer Games mag last summer, checked out the Battlefront.com site, and placed the order in July IIRC... then got my machine in October because I was hoping for the Christmas release! biggrin.gif

Guest ACTOR

I ordered in May, so I have not had that long a wait.

I will just be happy to see the mailman the day it gets here.

May '99... I remember being worried that CM would be released after I returned back to college from that summer... which reminds me, crud, CM is being sent to my address back home.... so much for my early ordering advantage.

I too remember checking up on the progress of computer squad leader on the bigtime homepage (before the msg board was up). I still wouldn't mind a computer version of ASL, but I'm even happier with what the project morphed into.

Chris

Decided to preorder when I first saw the Beta demo back in Oct/Nov '99. Actually submitted the preorder on the 10th May 2000 after reading a post mentioning the IMMINENT release of the Gold demo. Yes the very same post that sparked the Gold demo riots I will never forget the level to which formerly upright citizens debased themselves, those terrible hours will stay with me till the day I die.

------------------

IN VINO VERITAS

[This message has been edited by Speedy (edited 06-14-2000).]